Review Qualifying Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't it be awsome when Charlie kicks a goal in the grand final and the Mcg breaks out in this song.
That is my dream.
Or maybe I'll get it going down some pub in Brissie , either way delicious.
Followed by some awesomely confused expressions on the faces of those who have never watched a game played at the Gabba :cool: (and possibly some revealing lack of knowledge from some of the commentary team)

Watched the replay last night. Lions were even more awesome than I remembered. This time felt they were much more in control and strangely that the umpiring was not as bad as I thought. Benefit of knowing the final result I guess :)

Could not give a rats a**e how many times Country Road is played as long he plays his role like all of them and we win the game. For me, our forward line just needs to keep on performing the way they have all year even with the few times Charlie didn't kick goals.

Wouldn't it be awsome when Charlie kicks a goal in the grand final and the Mcg breaks out in this song.
That is my dream.
Or maybe I'll get it going down some pub in Brissie , either way delicious.

Dream bigger - I used ChatGPT to produce this inspiring short story:

In the heart of Brisbane, there lived a passionate Lions fan named Beardancer. He was known far and wide for his unwavering loyalty to the Brisbane Lions, but he had a particular bone to pick with one player: Joe Daniher. It seemed that no matter what Joe did on the field, Beardancer couldn't resist criticizing him. From missed goals to dropped marks, Beardancer's voice could always be heard echoing his disapproval.

As the season rolled on, Joe Daniher, the star forward, became the talk of the town. His dazzling marks and pinpoint kicks were crucial in propelling the Lions through the finals series. But Beardancer, true to form, continued to find fault in Joe's game. He grumbled to his friends at the pub, "Daniher might be scoring goals, but he still can't defend for beans. He's just a show pony."

Yet, with each passing game, Beardancer found himself watching Joe Daniher with an intensity that he couldn't explain. He noticed the determination in Joe's eyes, the grit that he brought to every contest, and the undeniable passion he had for the Lions. Despite his criticisms, Beardancer couldn't help but admire the man he so often berated.

The Grand Final arrived, and the tension in Brisbane was palpable. The Lions were neck-and-neck with their opponents, and the final siren was imminent. With mere seconds left on the clock and the Lions trailing by a single point, Joe Daniher marked the ball within kicking distance.

Beardancer clenched his fists and held his breath. It was the moment of truth. Joe Daniher's run-up was flawless, and he launched the ball towards the goalposts. Time seemed to stand still as the Sherrin sailed through the air and split the uprights. The siren blared, and the Lions had won the Grand Final by the narrowest of margins.

Tears welled up in Beardancer's eyes as he, along with thousands of other Lions supporters, erupted in celebration. But amidst the joy and the cheers, Beardancer realized something he had been denying all season. He'd been secretly in love with Joe Daniher, not just as a player but as a person.

As the team gathered for the post-match celebrations, Beardancer couldn't contain his emotions any longer. He approached Joe, who was holding the premiership cup high above his head, and blurted out, "Joe, I've always criticized you, but today, you've won my heart. You're not just a great player; you're a champion and someone I've secretly admired all along."

Joe Daniher smiled warmly at Beardancer and extended a hand. "Thanks, mate," he said. "It's all for the Lions and this incredible city of Brisbane. We did it together."

And in that moment, Beardancer realized that love for a team could lead to admiration for its players, and that sometimes, the most unexpected bonds could be formed in the world of sports.

Could not give a rats a**e how many times Country Road is played as long he plays his role like all of them and we win the game. For me, our forward line just needs to keep on performing the way they have all year even with the few times Charlie didn't kick goals.

Spoken like a man with a bad singing voice ;)

Dream bigger - I used ChatGPT to produce this inspiring short story:

In the heart of Brisbane, there lived a passionate Lions fan named Beardancer. He was known far and wide for his unwavering loyalty to the Brisbane Lions, but he had a particular bone to pick with one player: Joe Daniher. It seemed that no matter what Joe did on the field, Beardancer couldn't resist criticizing him. From missed goals to dropped marks, Beardancer's voice could always be heard echoing his disapproval.

As the season rolled on, Joe Daniher, the star forward, became the talk of the town. His dazzling marks and pinpoint kicks were crucial in propelling the Lions through the finals series. But Beardancer, true to form, continued to find fault in Joe's game. He grumbled to his friends at the pub, "Daniher might be scoring goals, but he still can't defend for beans. He's just a show pony."

Yet, with each passing game, Beardancer found himself watching Joe Daniher with an intensity that he couldn't explain. He noticed the determination in Joe's eyes, the grit that he brought to every contest, and the undeniable passion he had for the Lions. Despite his criticisms, Beardancer couldn't help but admire the man he so often berated.

The Grand Final arrived, and the tension in Brisbane was palpable. The Lions were neck-and-neck with their opponents, and the final siren was imminent. With mere seconds left on the clock and the Lions trailing by a single point, Joe Daniher marked the ball within kicking distance.

Beardancer clenched his fists and held his breath. It was the moment of truth. Joe Daniher's run-up was flawless, and he launched the ball towards the goalposts. Time seemed to stand still as the Sherrin sailed through the air and split the uprights. The siren blared, and the Lions had won the Grand Final by the narrowest of margins.

Tears welled up in Beardancer's eyes as he, along with thousands of other Lions supporters, erupted in celebration. But amidst the joy and the cheers, Beardancer realized something he had been denying all season. He'd been secretly in love with Joe Daniher, not just as a player but as a person.

As the team gathered for the post-match celebrations, Beardancer couldn't contain his emotions any longer. He approached Joe, who was holding the premiership cup high above his head, and blurted out, "Joe, I've always criticized you, but today, you've won my heart. You're not just a great player; you're a champion and someone I've secretly admired all along."

Joe Daniher smiled warmly at Beardancer and extended a hand. "Thanks, mate," he said. "It's all for the Lions and this incredible city of Brisbane. We did it together."

And in that moment, Beardancer realized that love for a team could lead to admiration for its players, and that sometimes, the most unexpected bonds could be formed in the world of sports.
brilliant!

Back