Review Qualifying Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

YOU BEAUTY!!

not to be a downer but I have a feeling Ashcroft would have absolutely been flying if he was playing. With that being said our young guys are such a treat.

Put the hammer down and lifted when they drew close, that is very good to see.

Don't know who i'll be voting for but McCluggage was supreme, Joe was great and you gotta love Fletch, and i forgot Rayner! thighs of steel and a head for finals :D

What a seriously good performance.

Rayner & McCluggage in the first half kept our energy up. Wilmott was superb down back, Hipwood's workrate was immense pushing up the ground and making contests. Joe was surefire in front of goal and Charlie's 3Q was insane.

Jaspa bloody Fletcher, what a finals debut. He gets his own line, just made every impact his own moment.

Overall I think that's our best final played under Fagan, beating out the Melbourne game last year. Just totally creamed them in the second half when the game was there to be won.

Lastly, that crowd was next level. Well done to all who attended, that was a fortress created by the fans.

ONTO A BLOODY PRELIM YEWWWWWWWWWWWW

For the first time tonight we actually looked like a premiership team at finals time.

Like our premiership team from the early 00s when we needed to step it up in the premiership quarter, they simply couldn’t go with us.

Play like that in 2 weeks and we’re into a granny.

Edit. Now let’s hope and pray Melbourne and Carlton belt the crap out of each other and their players can’t walk for a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really pleasing how the kids all stood up. Rayner, Kiddy, Jaspa, Wilmot all had great games. Dev was a little quiet but still got a bunch of nice little touches. We're not only playing a home prelim this year but we've got a hell of a lot of future too.

Clugga was fantastic and came out determined after that hip injury and really stamped his influence on the game. And Joe stood up.

Back