Preview Lions v Dogs Marvel Stadium Thursday 30th March 6.20 pm Brisbane Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the team a lot. Rich for Coleman, no other changes. Will we miss Dan's experience? 3 talls, Starce, Rayner, McKenna, Coleman and Wilmot, a lot to like there. Be good to see how we go without Rich. Hope they perform.

I hope it is an injury for Rich. I'd hate to see him finish his career in reserve grade. I have no doubt he will prove his worth many times before the season is over.

I'd like to see Dev play a full game in the Vfl. Inside mid as much as possible. He needs a good workout. Not sure I'm too worried about who gets the sub role. Prior, Answerth, Madden got a wrap last game, but I think we're loaded for half backs. Happy for Tunstill to get more game time in Vfl, like Dev. Ah Chee I'd like to see get a run under his belt first. Do we want a mid/wing as a sub or a bigger body if Berry goes down? Last week when Berry went off they still played Dev on the wing. So how about we give Sharpie a crack.

I'm not sure how many emergencies normally travel, but saw Answerth feature a lot in the footage of the Lions going through the airport today.
Not sure if they all travelled down together or not but the VFL boys are playing at Marvel before the Seniors tomorrow afternoon.

Your team is playing rhe cats the following week. Would you really want a Geelong assistant in your rooms after a game?

Where she is there are lots of people milling, she is a professional who could only access/over hear public content. The would be no sensitive content she could hear. It’s a non-issue.

Happy for all teams to ban anyone with offical club affiliations or roles from the rooms, but it’s a pretty slippery slope.

Lions look much better without rich. God forbid anyone mentions he’s barely best 22 around here… will struggle to work his way back on imo. We are much much better with Coleman over Rich. Just offers more and adds flexibility with ability to play further up the ground if needed.
I was thinking that they might ave rested Rich on the quick deck of Marvel and may look to do so when we play down there - all just a possible hypothetical.

Lions look much better without rich. God forbid anyone mentions he’s barely best 22 around here… will struggle to work his way back on imo. We are much much better with Coleman over Rich. Just offers more and adds flexibility with ability to play further up the ground if needed.

7th in the B&F last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Security? You mean liability. Those three you named can cover each other equally and not have to cover their own game and rich. Expect much tighter defensive and improved overlap offensive game imo.

Yeah having a much loved teammate, leader and 270 game veteran out is not going to test the young inexperienced half backs at all will it 🙃

I wonder if he struggles to break back into the team if he has a week or two off. It would have been almost inconceivable at the beginning of last season we were told that Lyons wouldn’t be able to hold his spot in the first team in 12 months.
Richies attacking/kicking role is covered by Coleman who will continue to improve. Changes since last season are Rayner moving down back and Willmot becoming a regular, the recruitment of McKenna who is also a handy user. Motty may or may not be considered as a better asset down back but he can play up on a wing as well. If we continue to use Joyce or Gardiner as a third tall down back, I’m not sure that without injuries Rich is instantly back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back