Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't we all like this with Deledio though?

Yeah different scenario though. 30 year old on last legs v top line mid hitting prime

We pay him what he's worth, he ain't going anywhere. Only worry would be if the old man comes back to Aus in Sydney and he wants to be up there with him. That would be my only true worry

Weren't we all like this with Deledio though?

Happy for Lids he went, happy for Richmond - win/win

At this stage not aware of any exact deal so not even close to the same. Martin coming into his best as a late maturer.

All this talk about Dusty never working again is absurd, he already has his own clothing line, he has enough money to invest in a heap of profitable projects...
i meant more in football media and coaching etc. nothing against dusty at all. just he wont get the media jobs for the boys. i see him opening a tattoo shop or pub with swanny

i meant more in football media and coaching etc. nothing against dusty at all. just he wont get the media jobs for the boys. i see him opening a tattoo shop or pub with swanny
I'd drink there.

That didn't work out for Swan recently.

All this talk about Dusty never working again is absurd, he already has his own clothing line, he has enough money to invest in a heap of profitable projects...
Exactly, and as long as he's got a good Manager to look after his financial interests...... oh..... hang on:oops:

Still ******* hilarious seeing Norf fans thinking they could convince Martin to play for that club. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously gets me every time. How sad.

Still ******* hilarious seeing Norf fans thinking they could convince Martin to play for that club. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously gets me every time. How sad.
Don't laugh so hard as the crying latter might hurt more.:'(
From what i have heard the club inside aren't so confident in keeping him stay tuned.

a good wicket? you're talking a guy who is living on hundreds of thousands of dollars going down to 40-60k

the guys who get more (ie goodes) do it because of the marketing bang that they bring. Goodes is a marketing rain maker, dusty isnt (there is a reason he hardly appears in any of our media promotions)

the likes of bowden do it for love, tbh the main motivator for most in the sector. dusty isnt wired that way
Plenty of ex AFL players (like boomer, Fev ,) running around on $10k a match in suburban footy whilst also picking up $2k a day for AFL promotion programs and sportsmen nights .

Plenty of ex AFL players (like boomer, Fev ,) running around on $10k a match in suburban footy whilst also picking up $2k a day for AFL promotion programs and sportsmen nights .

I know, but thats supplementary to a real gig. Very few have ft country footballer as their job descriptor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for everybody here.

Would you want Dusty on $1 mil a year + any one of Morris,Maric,Hunt,Hampson on the list with a full list
Or
Dusty on $1.3 mil a year and go into a season 1 player short on the list
1 player short....

Don't laugh so hard as the crying latter might hurt more.:'(
From what i have heard the club inside aren't so confident in keeping him stay tuned.

haha you know nobody "inside" mate, please

he isnt going anywhere unless something very bad happens

That trade whisperer was suggesting were talking to Billings and his manager in the event we lose Dusty...

Either way i would like Billings to complement our midfield..

That trade whisperer was suggesting were talking to Billings and his manager in the event we lose Dusty...

We should do a Caddy and just get him regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the problem with him saying he is waiting till the end of the season, will it leave enough time for a backup plan if he goes ? Glad to hear even if only the trade whisperer that we are talking to players as plan b.

Actually he shouldn't come to terms yet. The TPP has yet to be finalized. Makes no sense to do it before that.
That's the logical way to look at it...for Kelly, Daniher and every other bloke out of contract that will attract big dollars.

Ha! "Ladies First." It takes his ol' mate Swannie and a game of pool for Dusty to open up a little more.

EP1 above, all three episodes with Dusty only accessible via the Footy Live phone app.

Woo Hoo! We're not only keeping Dusty we've got Swanny on a rookie contract.
**This is about as concrete as all the other bullshit floating around**
Possible. It probably doesn't hurt our chances knowing that GWS have been in contact with our club about what they don't want as part of a trade, would be kind of ludicrous to have those types of conversations if you thought you were any hope of holding on to the player or the destination was unknown.

That being said, it isn't the easiest thing to do finding an agreeable trade even when the planets align. Lots of potential big moves fall through.
You can thank your luck stars that that flog Silvagni is no longer involved!

Each Tiger home game.He could do a don't argue for $1.
There,s $50,000 per game.:eek:

Haha, Swanny asking Dusty to pull some strings and get him a rookie list spot at the Tigers in 2018 when his foot is ok.

I think Swanny is good unofficial mentor for Dusty. They're obviously great mates and he certainly managed to get the best out of himself at AFL without fitting into the carbon copy AFL player mould. He always seems to comment about how good the club have been to Dusty and it's great to see that put out there, I doubt Dusty needs to be reminded of that fact, but clearly a lot of the media do.

Thanks for posting that mattt it's good.
I think the best thing for Dusty is Swanny.Otherwise i think Dusty would have been off the rails by now like Dan Connors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back