Toast Tom Clurey

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
At the start of the season he had scores kicked on him regularly and I'll admit I ripped him and was harsh but he has certainly held his own since.

Top game from him today. Solid defense (although he had a couple kicked on him in the end) but the rebound run was fantastic. How many times did he outread his forward opponent and just stole the mark followed by a fantastic exit kick to setup the mids going forward.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-port-adelaide-power--tom-clurey

Heck even if you look at the numbers, his possession count has been steadily rising. That's a big sign that his confidence has growing.

Good work Clurey, forming a nice partnership with Jonas in defense.

Aside from Robbie, Clurey was BOG for me today. He's tall, he's fast, he's strong and he's developing into an awesome defender for us. Him and Jonas have been at the core of our great defense this season and I can't wait to witness the rest of his career.

At the start of the season he had scores kicked on him regularly and I'll admit I ripped him and was harsh but he has certainly held his own since.
Nah, even early season when he had some on him, it was usually due to our complete lack of midfield help or other defenders not helping enough. Has been in best players most games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between my penchant for 80s nostalgia pr0n and Tom's uncanny likeness to Martin Leslie, right down to the broad shoulders, socks round the ankles and #17 guernsey, I've always been a fan.

But now he's really found his feet at AFL level.

All he has to do now is belt Dermott Brereton and the love for Cluzza would be shared by every footy fan across this arid wasteland...

Last edited:
Feel free to correct me someone, but didn't he do a tricks vid on the club YouTube a few years ago?

Has some serious technical ability you wouldn't expect from his defendy type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back