Umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been out all night, half pissed, didn't see any of the game.

Were that umpires that bad or is this just another North board overeaction?

I consider myself as pretty level headed when it comes to these things. The Dogs were probably the better side for longer across the night, but if it wasn't for the umpiring, they probably wouldn't have won.

Terrible and embarrassing display of umpiring tonight. Not a great effort from our boys either, until we realised we could still win in the final quarter.
This game made me realise the umpires need to be full time. It's a professional sport, and the game desperately needs professional umpires.....not good enough. The umpiring is so inconsistent that it's ruining the game.

Early in the match when the doggies got a 50 metre penalty - kick out went 5.85metres (I believe it was 5.845 but let's round it up). Gibson thought it was play on and looked at the umpire for some sort of signal.

we were actually ready ght behind there, and the kick went from the side line of the goal square, to the behind post, thats 9 yards, no where near 15 mtrs.

the thing that made it worse, was that maj had his arms chopped just b4 that behind.

Early in the match when the doggies got a 50 metre penalty - kick out went 5.85metres (I believe it was 5.845 but let's round it up). Gibson thought it was play on and looked at the umpire for some sort of signal.

Yes it was just outside the point post - kick was from the kickin

Also how about wood of the dogs taking at least two jumps on north players backs without touching it - no freekick and both times they scored goals.
This sport is a joke - I'm over it.

Yes it was just outside the point post - kick was from the kickin

Also how about wood of the dogs taking at least two jumps on north players backs without touching it - no freekick and both times they scored goals.
This sport is a joke - I'm over it.

WWE

Some Bulldog Ranga campaigner was carrying on like they had won the flag again and trying to bait me into fixing his ugly face.

I left the ground knowing that no matter what happened that tonight was probably the highlight of his existence knowing that he would get a knock back in a brothel.

#ivedoneshitsthatlookedbetter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs player jumped into the back of a North player within the first 5 mins of the game starting. No free, they then proceed to pay a barrage of soft as butter ones the other way and give us nothing for an entire half. We lost the count in the 3rd as well and it felt "fair" because we weren't getting completely and utterly reamed. I assumed they would cost us the game at half time so I wouldn't be upset at the end. It didn't work that well.
That would be Easton Wood on Mason Wood.

I went off my dial at that.

Bulldogs fans went into meltdown in the second half. Constantly complaining about how they were getting reamed by the umpires.

Must have been a lot of them dropped at birth?
Because they're the biggest whinging supporters I have ever see. Whinge about everything and is why I call them the #westernsookdogs

The non free to Maj in the first qtr was the one that started the rot! How an umpire can miss the chopping the arms and front on contact in a one on one contest like that is beyond me. Just a s**t night all round from the maggots

You expect it to sometimes go for you and sometimes against you a little, but not that much. That was putrid stuff.
But hey its a better for the AFL if the reigning champs make the eight and in reality we need some top end talent, so not that filthy but still filthy if you catch my drift. Also don't expect much from Donlon, he's the one who had the run in with Firrito a few years back with the mic situation.
We won't get anything from that guy, he hates us I reckon. Dogs skill was a bit better but we didn't get any luck our way.

Even if it wasn't a mark to Mountford, Stringer tackled him high.
What is interesting with the free kicks against Wood in the dying minutes is that you can see Campbell lambasting himself for failing to spoil. Completely unaware he was getting a free kick and clearly not thinking he deserved one.
Was umpire number 1 Donlon?

What is interesting with the free kicks against Wood in the dying minutes is that you can see Campbell lambasting himself for failing to spoil. Completely unaware he was getting a free kick and clearly not thinking he deserved one.
Donlon is number 1. That Wood decision was Rot. When in real time and on the wider lense you can see Wood running back with eyes on the ball. He then takes a quick look at the on coming traffic and props to brace for collision. Umpire *stick pays a free for shepherding. Get ****ed Jerkoff! :stern look

Reason for Edit: Try work it out. :stern look

Last edited:
I dont pay much attention to umpires....as in who calls them......too concentrated on the game usually that they become oblivious to me but tonight there was one I will know when I see him again. I'd say he would of been the one.

My dad (whos Saints) said to me at the time that no way in the world it was a free. First replay I saw it looked there but soft but another angle didnt look it to me at all. Seemed to just get caught in the middle of it but I need to watch it again as I was too mixed up in emotion to be 100% clear thought.

WB fans can say what they want but the fact that the media have made quite a lot of a big deal in the headlines about the game; says its not just our eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back