Will we miss finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

How did I miss this thread from yesterday? I was about to start one..

Yes I think we will miss the 8.
Essendon has a great run home.
Dogs will continue to get gifted wins on the home stretch.
Us and either WC/Rich to drop out for Ess and Syd.

Wheels would have to fall off well and truly to miss the finals but top 4 is no lock on current form. This weeks game is now a must win. If we lose to Carlton s**t will hit the fan and we may aswell kiss good bye the double chance.

We just need to be ready to fire in September.

We're talking about a club that hasn't won two consecutive finals.... wait for it...for nearly twenty years.

Let that heinous fact sink in a little bit.

And then think about why people are struggling to believe we'll be "ready to fire in September."

A bad loss and suddenly all the Trolls are back.

Never sighted them when we were 6-0.

We will make the Eight.

We will make the Top 4.

We will make the top 2.

There is very little between teams 2 to 16. Teams will look good for a while and then drop off. We just need to be ready to fire in September.

'A bad loss'

A?

Singular?

What the *?

Reckon we'll finish 5th or 6th, win a home final then put in a meek effort and get dispatched ignominiously and all think gee wow next year could be our year if we can trade in a class midfielder

We will make the Eight.

We will make the Top 4.

We will make the top 2.

There is very little between teams 2 to 16. Teams will look good for a while and then drop off. We just need to be ready to fire in September.
If there is very little difference between 2-16, what gives you confidence that we can beat most of these teams considering we are 3-4 from our last 7 and lost to the 17th ranked team twice?

And you might want to get a new pet name for Don.

We will make the Eight.

We will make the Top 4.

We will make the top 2.

At least you're prepared to put your balls out there and declare we'll finish top 2. How many wins do you think it will take?

But why stop there, what happens next? What happens in finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will make the Eight.

We will make the Top 4.

We will make the top 2.

I'm not a troll and very rarely post anything negative but after that effort on Thursday night on the back of the loses to Geelong and Melbourne I am going to need some convincing that we are even close to the real deal. It's not that we lost those games it's how we lost them. When the going gets tough we simply don't have enough players willing to dig in and our coaches are not willing to try anything creative to get things going. Good luck with your blind faith I'll be back here to apologise if I'm wrong.

We will make the Eight.

We will make the Top 4.

We will make the top 2.

Have you been living under a rock for the last 8 weeks ?

Things have gone downhill at a rate of knots since we started at 6-0, it's not just "one bad loss" either there's been 4.

You're kidding yourself to believe that we'll finish top 2, have you seen our run home?

Carlton Away (should win)
Bulldogs Home (50/50)
Melbourne Away (loss)
Geelong home (loss)
Collingwood away (should win)
Port (50/50)
Essendon Away (50/50)
Sydney Home (50/50)
West Coast away (loss)

Unless there is a drastic improvement in our structure and form we could easily be looking only 3-4 wins in the run home.

Have you been living under a rock for the last 8 weeks ?

Things have gone downhill at a rate of knots since we started at 6-0, it's not just "one bad loss" either there's been 4.

You're kidding yourself to believe that we'll finish top 2, have you seen our run home?

Carlton Away (should win)
Bulldogs Home (50/50)
Melbourne Away (loss)
Geelong home (loss)
Collingwood away (should win)
Port (50/50)
Essendon Away (50/50)
Sydney Home (50/50)
West Coast away (loss)

Unless there is a drastic improvement in our structure and form we could easily be looking only 3-4 wins in the run home.

All depends if our top Enders can play like they are top Enders

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If there is very little difference between 2-16, what gives you confidence that we can beat most of these teams considering we are 3-4 from our last 7 and lost to the 17th ranked team twice?

And you might want to get a new pet name for Don.
I appreciate the frustration of genuine Crow fans like yourself. I can't remember being more deflated and frustrated than Thursday night, possible the Eagles game in round 23 last year.

We can argue about the last 20 years but THE MAESTRO has been in charge for 35 games plus 2 finals. During this time we have

1) Lost the best player in the competition.

2) Introduced McGovern, Lever, Milera, Atkins and Greenwood into our best 22.

3) Have won 25 out of 35 minor round matches and 1 out of 2 finals. Only one team has won more games since THE MAESTRO started. GWS has won 26 out of 35 minor round matches.

4) We are the ONLY club with NO top ten draft picks.

I still have faith that we will be in the mix come September.

Not sure why people are marking down a loss to West Coast away, if anyone has been as disappointing as us it's them.

We have to improve no question, but there's plenty of other average teams in the 8, and no one really pushing up into it other than Essendon just on the outer.

Not sure why people are marking down a loss to West Coast away, if anyone has been as disappointing as us it's them.

We have to improve no question, but there's plenty of other average teams in the 8, and no one really pushing up into it other than Essendon just on the outer.

People tried to argue the same thing about the Geelong game

Perth is a tough road trip and on present form there's no way in hell we're winning there.

I appreciate the frustration of genuine Crow fans like yourself. I can't remember being more deflated and frustrated than Thursday night, possible the Eagles game in round 23 last year.

We can argue about the last 20 years but THE MAESTRO has been in charge for 35 games plus 2 finals. During this time we have

1) Lost the best player in the competition.

2) Introduced McGovern, Lever, Milera, Atkins and Greenwood into our best 22.

3) Have won 25 out of 35 minor round matches and 1 out of 2 finals. Only one team has won more games since THE MAESTRO started. GWS has won 26 out of 35 minor round matches.

4) We are the ONLY club with NO top ten draft picks.

I still have faith that we will be in the mix come September.
All fair points when discussing what he's achieved but none of that addresses:

1) Inability of the team to counter pressure football which will only be ramped up in the finals

2) Inflexibility and stubbornness of his coaching

3) Poor selections

4) Lack of midfield talent

5) Losing 4 out of our last 7 games, see points 1,2,3 and 4 for the reasons why.

I can't believe you lot are seriously contemplating that you will miss finals......have you gone completely mad.
Have the wheels completely fallen off. We are not talking Collingwood or North Melb here......You need 3 more wins to lock in finals, and I suggest you win at least 5 so that gives you 14 which is at least fri ge top 4.
Flags are won in September.......not June. Rack up enough wins to qualify for finals and anything can happen from there. It is not even critical to finish top 4 anymore with the the week off before finals.......just ask the dogs.
Clubs that are in contention aim to peak come September......the rest is just about collecting enough wins and evolving game styles and developing players
Yep you guys are the masters of peaking at the right time. But that's more from practice and good management.
In our case it's neither. We don't have Clarko as coach and can't rely on an experienced leadership group to turn around any mid season slumps year in year out. We don't have Mitchell and Hodge to guide the lesser players out of form slumps. The problem for us is the form of our leadership group is driving our team either forward or (in this case) backward.
It was always a matter of time with you guys. Everyone new by September Clarko, Hodge and co would get it done. Looks like nothing has changed but you may have left your run a little late this year.

Kennedy and maybe even Nic Nat will be back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back