Prediction Will we make finals in 2023? AFL responds with "...not on my watch"

Will we make finals in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I'm bored again, here's a flowchart of how the last two rounds could pan out for us with the results of the ten matches that matter to us. Print it out and put a big black permanent marker line through the sections as each game finishes. (Obviously it's game over if we don't get through the orange bars). Let me know if there are any errors.

As I see it, to be in a position where a R24 win would have us in the finals immediately following the WC game, there's only one way that happens without West Coast beating the Dogs. Essendon beat GWS, Geelong beat StK, Collingwood beat Ess and Bris beat StK.

Enjoy!

View attachment 1777535
We're running down the left side folks. Only happy face before Sunday is if West Coast get up tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming we beat West Coast which clearly doesn’t matter anymore, if all the games over the next two weeks actually ended up falling in our favour and we miss because of an incompetent goal umpire I’ll be sick

We're running down the left side folks. Only happy face before Sunday is if West Coast get up tomorrow.
Change last night's result, a win against the Eagles (which is definitely not guaranteed now!) and one of Carlton or Melbourne winning would have put us in finals.

For mine, the metric for improvement next year is winning more than half of the 1 kick games instead of winning 1 out of 6.

Bit frustrating to have 2 games with a late umpiring error against us so bad that it was acknowledged by the AFL - missed free on Dawson vs Cwd and pointgate last night.

Lets get a good draft pick, and have a darn good crack at going deep into finals next year.

If West Coast win against the dogs I'll be pretty annoyed.
I can't believe the Dogs lost against to West Coast...their is so much salt right now

Assuming we beat West Coast which clearly doesn’t matter anymore, if all the games over the next two weeks actually ended up falling in our favour and we miss because of an incompetent goal umpire I’ll be sick
Yep me too - I'll be very frustrated.

In March 2023 I placed $222.50 on the Crows to make the Top8 at odds of $4.50. = $1000 payout.
It's been a rollercoaster ride to hold that bet all through this season, we've been 15th and we've been 5th and everything inbetween.
But as per your comment... if the stars align in Rd24 and the Crows effectively miss the Top8 because of the Goal Umpire's failure to use the ARC review system in the Sydney game then I'll be very very very upset.

Yep me too - I'll be very frustrated.

In March 2023 I placed $222.50 on the Crows to make the Top8 at odds of $4.50. = $1000 payout.
It's been a rollercoaster ride to hold that bet all through this season, we've been 15th and we've been 5th and everything inbetween.
But as per your comment... if the stars align in Rd24 and the Crows effectively miss the Top8 because of the Goal Umpire's failure to use the ARC review system in the Sydney game then I'll be very very very upset.
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Back