Prediction Will we make finals in 2023? AFL responds with "...not on my watch"

Will we make finals in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is already a bye, resting players on top is asking for trouble. 3 weeks between games is a ******* dumb idea at this stage of the season.
Even if Carlton field a full strength team, they will take the foot of the pedal at some stage during the game which GWS are good enough to take advantage of.

Well it’ll at least mean the Cats/Dogs match next week won’t matter either way

Assuming Lions win against the Saints
There is so many permutations going on, its doing my head in lol :D, I only jumped on BF and catching up on the AFL on Thursday. Which was way too late.

At least Essendon are out of contention. Would be a travesty if they somehow made finals beating an undermanned Collingwood. Can accept GWS making it as they beat us home and away and are a decent team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a worry if it comes down to Melb or Carl winning, they’ll be dead rubbers for both. Syd at home playing for a spot in the eight and Melb won’t want to finish 3rd. At least GWS will be playing in Melb. It’s a shame GC didn’t get up.

The Swans v Dees match is a factor too.
That’s a Sunday match next week, though - if Cats win tonight and all other results go as expected (and we win the next two), we go into that last Sunday in 7th

Would need Swans and Giants to both win for us to miss finals

There’s no way it doesn’t come down to Sydney/GWS games. Just need one to lose. Everything else is irrelevant.

*Unless Bulldogs lose to West Coast tomorrow.

Hawthorn win against Melbourne is best result to make sure there is something on the line… but can’t see it happening.

That’s a Sunday match next week, though - if Cats win tonight and all other results go as expected (and we win the next two), we go into that last Sunday in 7th

Would need Swans and Giants to both win for us to miss finals
Im actually confident of this happening if dead rubbers are presented for Carlton and the Dees.

What's the history of teams needing to win in the final round to make top 8/4? Remember West Coast beating us by enough in 2017 to knock Melbourne out. St Kilda beating Essendon by 100+ in 2008 to knock us out of the top 4.

And us losing to West Coast in 2016 to miss out on top 2/4. Final rounds are never good for us and I would back both Sydney and GWS to win. :(

Though, this could all be irrelevant in a few hours time.

Back