Resource 2017 AFL and AFLW Crowds and Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is if Collingwood were top 4 how much would we be in front? 80-100 k I think. All this shows it that Richmond need to be top 4 and Collingwood bottom 4 to be about level with Collingwood and Essendon need to be just inside out just outside the top 8 and Collingwood bottom 4 to be about level.

Collingwood are till the biggest club in Victoria

Of course Collingwood are and always going to be, but sometimes it's nice to give it a bit of a shake!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The question is if Collingwood were top 4 how much would we be in front? 80-100 k I think. All this shows it that Richmond need to be top 4 and Collingwood bottom 4 to be about level with Collingwood and Essendon need to be just inside out just outside the top 8 and Collingwood bottom 4 to be about level.

oh god help us please

Been listening but to Eddie a bit to much
It back the Hawks would be the biggest club in Victoria at the moment!
Success brings fans and support the Pies won a flag in 2011 & had a long period of being a top 4 side. As their form slides so does their support base. Essendon have been irrelevant for 15 years & recently went through one of the biggest scandals in Australian sporting history & Richmond have been Richmond for the last 30 years.

The tigers & magpies also have the advantage over the bombers with playing more games per season at the mcg than Etihad as it's known the mcg will always attract a bigger crowd than etihad

Been listening but to Eddie a bit to much
It back the Hawks would be the biggest club in Victoria at the moment!
Success brings fans and support the Pies won a flag in 2011 & had a long period of being a top 4 side. As their form slides so does their support base. Essendon have been irrelevant for 15 years & recently went through one of the biggest scandals in Australian sporting history & Richmond have been Richmond for the last 30 years.

The tigers & magpies also have the advantage over the bombers with playing more games per season at the mcg than Etihad as it's known the mcg will always attract a bigger crowd than etihad

No we're the biggest! Imagine if we had the same success as Essendon or Collingwood in the last 35 years we would have 100,000 members and average 80000 at home games!

Isn't there another thread for "biggest club" shitfights that the mod had to move several pages from this thread over to that?

Rinse and repeat. Happens every year and its dog s**t boring. Op had an interesting point to make re: attendances, and it was completely hijacked by the "mine is bigger than yours" brigade

Sad!

Rinse and repeat. Happens every year and its dog s**t boring. Op had an interesting point to make re: attendances, and it was completely hijacked by the "mine is bigger than yours" brigade

Sad!

What about gopies1981, NoobPie, Bombersfan4000 and the rest of them. They don't find it dog s**t boring. Why are your feelings any more important than theirs? It's a public forum, just take a chill pill and lighten up a bit. You can't please all the people all the time.

What about gopies1981, NoobPie, Bombersfan4000 and the rest of them. They don't find it dog s**t boring. Why are your feelings any more important than theirs? It's a public forum, just take a chill pill and lighten up a bit. You can't please all the people all the time.

Because this thread is more than just four people, and most people dont want to read a stupid rfc/cfc shitfight

Collingwood and Essendon are the largest AFL clubs in Australia period

Richmond and Carlton are in the next tier

It doesn't need anymore discussion

Back on topic, the MCG are predicting 33k to Melbourne-Port and 37k to Richmond-GWS.

They've been chronically underestimating in recent weeks after mostly overestimating in the early weeks of the season, to the point where they are now almost exactly balanced. Their estimates total 1,834,000 people and 1,835,711 have actually attended. In regards to actual difference, they've been an average of 7.8% out each game. Last week saw their best estimate yet, underestimating the Carlton-WB crowd by only 157 people.

33k would be an excellent figure for Melbourne-Port if they get it. Port have only had 3 crowds of 34k or higher at the G since 2000, all against Collingwood and all below 36k.

It would also be GWS' 2nd biggest crowd at the G in their much shorter history if it reaches 37k.

Adelaide get the best crowds, doesn't matter who we play we turn up.
42,415 V fremantle (rain)
41,948 V Bulldogs ( rain) lowest crowd this season
46,082 V St.Kilda
43,993 V Western Sydney (37 degrees)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood and Essendon are the largest AFL clubs in Australia period

Richmond and Carlton are in the next tier

It doesn't need anymore discussion
Eagles at the new ground will have home game averages that well compare to those teams, and the biggest games are going to be maxed out imop. So you could argue, Eagles are the countries biggest club.

Eagles at the new ground will have home game averages that well compare to those teams, and the biggest games are going to be maxed out imop. So you could argue, Eagles are the countries biggest club.

Honestly both Adelaide and West Coast are massive. Once the new stadium excitement wears off it'll be interesting to see where both clubs sit in terms of crowd averages. I doubt Adelaide would drop off too much given the differences between AAMI and AO aren't extreme like Ports and I feel the Eagles would be in the same boat. Both also have pretty good support in Vic at games so you could argue it. It'd be more fun than the increasingly repetitive Richmond Vs Ess/Coll shitfight.

The fact that perth will have bigger stadium than Adelaide is a joke. Should at least be 60k Adelaide oval, there were SANFL grand finals back in the 60's and 70's that got well over 60k.

Back on topic, the MCG are predicting 33k to Melbourne-Port and 37k to Richmond-GWS.

They've been chronically underestimating in recent weeks after mostly overestimating in the early weeks of the season, to the point where they are now almost exactly balanced. Their estimates total 1,834,000 people and 1,835,711 have actually attended. In regards to actual difference, they've been an average of 7.8% out each game. Last week saw their best estimate yet, underestimating the Carlton-WB crowd by only 157 people.

33k would be an excellent figure for Melbourne-Port if they get it. Port have only had 3 crowds of 34k or higher at the G since 2000, all against Collingwood and all below 36k.

It would also be GWS' 2nd biggest crowd at the G in their much shorter history if it reaches 37k.

Agreed!
Both these crowds would be dam impressive if they were achieved!

Do slightly think both might be about 2-3000 above what will actually come out, but that said, technically both games have top 4 on the line, something Richmond and Melbourne supporters haven't had for a bloody long times.
Who knows we might get 35000 and 40000 respectively which would be massive

Agreed!
Both these crowds would be dam impressive if they were achieved!

Do slightly think both might be about 2-3000 above what will actually come out, but that said, technically both games have top 4 on the line, something Richmond and Melbourne supporters haven't had for a bloody long times.
Who knows we might get 35000 and 40000 respectively which would be massive

Should be targeting Adelaide's crowd of 43,993 from round 1 this year, considering your such a big club.

Not lamenting any of this at western Australians, south Australia and Adelaide in particular have always mainly brought the highest attendances outside Victoria. As i mentioned before we had crowds over 60k back in the 60's and 70's in the SANFL, i don't get why Adelaide oval hasn't got a similar stadium capacity to what the new stadium in Perth will have.

Not lamenting any of this at western Australians, south Australia and Adelaide in particular have always mainly brought the highest attendances outside Victoria. As i mentioned before we had crowds over 60k back in the 60's and 70's in the SANFL, i don't get why Adelaide oval hasn't got a similar stadium capacity to what the new stadium in Perth will have.

Because if it had 80k the increased power usage would black out your state ;) :p

Were any of those crowds over 60k in the h&a season or were they all finals and grand finals?

Were any of those crowds over 60k in the h&a season or were they all finals and grand finals?
Grand Finals, bear in mind it was the SANFL 10 team competition and Adelaide's population was less than 950,000

two reasons - the budget was only set at 535 million, and the Friends of the Parklands and folks in North Adelaide.

Honestly both Adelaide and West Coast are massive. Once the new stadium excitement wears off it'll be interesting to see where both clubs sit in terms of crowd averages. I doubt Adelaide would drop off too much given the differences between AAMI and AO aren't extreme like Ports and I feel the Eagles would be in the same boat. Both also have pretty good support in Vic at games so you could argue it. It'd be more fun than the increasingly repetitive Richmond Vs Ess/Coll shitfight.
I doubt the eagles crowds will. They have some 10plus years waiting list for a membership & people apparently pay a fee for that membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back