Resource 2017 AFL and AFLW Crowds and Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit disappointed with the Melbourne/Port crowd of 27,068. Thought it'd make 30k. Dees can't even capitalise on the good result as they don't have another game in Melb for a couple of weeks.

Hows the snow at Falls Creek. ;)
Bit disappointed with the Melbourne/Port crowd of 27,068. Thought it'd make 30k. Dees can't even capitalise on the good result as they don't have another game in Melb for a couple of weeks.

It was actually the biggest ever crowd for Melbourne v Port Adelaide at the mcg. Weather was bloody cold so that pretty much reduced the crowd by 5,000.

Still a good crowd considering it's the biggest between the clubs in Melbourne

You would expect min 45k. The doggies have been Averaging 30,000 of their own fans to their home games and you would think Essendon would easily bring 15,000 of their fans for an away game
All depends on the weather. Sunday lunchtime not great for filling the corporate boxes and hospitality. You'd expect GA areas to be full and maybe only the very expensive level 2 seats not full. 45K sounds about right. I think this would draw around 55K if at the MCG as it will almost have a blockbuster feel about it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how the average crowds are going this year but considering Collingwood-Carlton-Essendon-Hawthorn are struggling they can't be good, Richmond are going alright but their supporters don't trust them, seems a bit like the perfect storm, have so many of the big Melbourne clubs been down at the same time before?

At this stage the odds are long for a Melbourne team playing off in the big one, Crows-Giants-Swans look like the major players, if it ends up an all Sydney GF we'll see the worst ratings of all time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how the average crowds are going this year but considering Collingwood-Carlton-Essendon-Hawthorn are struggling they can't be good, Richmond are going alright but their supporters don't trust them, seems a bit like the perfect storm, have so many of the big Melbourne clubs been down at the same time before?

At this stage the odds are long for a Melbourne team playing off in the big one, Crows-Giants-Swans look like the major players, if it ends up an all Sydney GF we'll see the worst ratings of all time.

If you took the time to do a little research on the net, or just read through the last few pages on this thread, you'd see average crowds are up quite a bit this year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The average before this round was the 9th highest ever, and the highest since GWS entered the competition.

One of the big Melbourne clubs is chasing top four for the first time in more than 15 years and another is in the 8 after a horrible recent history, so I don't know how you get that they're all 'down'. To find a worse season for the bigger clubs, you'd have to go back to the dim, dark pasts of... 2016. In 2016 the best finish for one of the 'big 4' teams was 12th, the joint lowest in history with 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back