Eddie McGuire returning to co-host The Footy Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll give the Footy Show another go now Eddie is back. Hutchy destroyed the show. Eddie is a class performer. Hutchy lacks charisma and is even bad on radio.

I had thoughts the country was going down the drain with PC crap - thanks for confirming it... Who are you to label and judge people on a few minutes of tv footage - I think they would be more offended at people like you talking down on them than Sam taking the piss out of them and getting them on TV.
Are you seriously asking me that question? The whole point is that they don't know when they're being offended! Sam Newman does it in a nasty condescending manner in which they just don't compute.

Who am I to label them on a few minutes of tv footage? Please, don't use the reverse generalist approach with me. Look at the way they speak, behave, and interact, you don't need much of a look to get the impression they're not the brightest sparks.

Again, why does street talk only happen in poorer socioeconomic areas? Do you honestly think Newman would pull it off in affluent suburbs?

Come on mate, if you want to be a bogan who takes the piss out of people where the elevator doesn't go to the top floor that's fine, but don't try and defend your targets.

so Hutchie was hired to give Eddie an easy fall guy back into the show. LOL
Sam Newman and the footy show wanted Eddie since Garry Lyon was axed and Eddie wanted back in as well.. but foxtel wouldn't let him. I'm guessing 9 have gotten desperate and paid a fortune for it or something.

The other guy made it a PC issue - there are people who fire back at him and tell him to **** off - thats what makes it funny. Especially women who hate him. I hate the idea taking the piss out of each other is suddenly not OK. The guy walks around in dresses looking like an absolute idiot - its not like hes taking a high road.
He is taking the high road by targeting a certain demographic that he can get away with.

Taking the piss is fine, taking the piss out of certain people isnt.

Again, why does he never do a street talk in an affluent area?

Get rid of Billy and Shane (if they're still on it) and give The Fevolution-Swan and Cooney contracts, get Trevor back and get rid of that rent a blonde chick, i'd give Dicky Knee a gig as well.

Do that and the ratings will soar.

Dicky Knee would do well I reckon imagine him giving stick to the players that are on the panel lols

Defenders of the show (can't believe they exist) seem to have trouble understanding that comedy ages. That's been the downfall of the show.

Comedians in the real world don't last long if they can't keep their humour relevant.

Has nothing to do with political correctness or any rubbish like that.
Humour is subjective. People have just as much right to enjoy a show and laugh at its comedic antics just as much as you have the right to whinge about it on the internet. I don't really like it that much anymore, but I don't need to brag about it online.

Humour is subjective. People have just as much right to enjoy a show and laugh at its comedic antics just as much as you have the right to whinge about it on the internet. I don't really like it that much anymore, but I don't need to brag about it online.
I haven't bragged at all.

Learn to read.

I don't understand all the Eddie hate? He's had a few stuff ups over the time but as a show host there is currently none better, he brings insights into the inner thinking's of football clubs, has a vast history of knowledge of our game past and present and into his passion is to be admired love him or hate him, he also has a sense of humour and can seperate the professional side and his show business side and is far far better then the s**t we currently have available to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defenders of the show (can't believe they exist) seem to have trouble understanding that comedy ages. That's been the downfall of the show.

Comedians in the real world don't last long if they can't keep their humour relevant.

Has nothing to do with political correctness or any rubbish like that.
Well lucky for some not everybody has the same sense of humour.

Eddie will bring a bit of structure to the show but that's about it. I don't think anyone really respects hutchy and maddern as co host, it's all a bit chaotic at the moment, but eddie will be able to keep the others in check and the show will flow better. Personally I don't think it will help the ratings, with so many other options out there the footy show has become irrelevant.

Only thing that has a chance of fixing the Footy Show is removing Newman. He's a grumpy old incoherent twat who is 20 years over his use by date. The show is a bloated 2 hour drivelfest.

Strip it back to being a 1 hour show about football instead of a replacement for Hey Hey its Saturday that targets bogans as it's key demographic.

And get some footballers on who can actually speak rather than parrot "yeah nahs". Most of the guests are hopeless.

It's comedy that hasn't aged.

If you like it you're in the minority. Just look at the ratings as proof.
I don't watch it, and don't care for the show, but people still enjoy it, they watch it and go to the live shows, they get to see current AFL players on the show in a more light hearted sense and they also get to enjoy some humour, just because a few on BigFooty stamp there feet and say it's s**t doesn't make it so.

I don't watch it, and don't care for the show, but people still enjoy it, they watch it and go to the live shows, they get to see current AFL players on the show in a more light hearted sense and they also get to enjoy some humour, just because a few on BigFooty stamp there feet and say it's s**t doesn't make it so.
Mate the ratings have been deplorable. It isn't just BigFooty. There's a good reason they've brought Eddie back.

The show is desperate for something to save it before the station can no longer justify running it.

Paraphrasing his Footy Calcified North Melbourne to Tassie rant Last month...

Hutch: yeah they were disappointing, the crowd, The crowds were the lowest of all the Melbourne shows.
Lyon: Star factor just not there
Hutch: And it was Thursday night which they pioneered, they want to be a big team, they want to own it. The show, the board the admin, they've done a wonderful job.
Hutch: ....Not based on Thursday night, but based on a number of years of things. It's time the Footy show had a deeper and serious look at Channel 31.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back