Autopsy **** yeah! Pies beat Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

What a win. I was sure about 10 minutes into the last quarter that it was going to be one of those games where we show a lot of heart but waste too many opportunities and have the opposition run over the top of us. But that was amazing. A great feeling at the footy which has sadly been absent most of the year.
This is a win the boys should be very proud of and remember for a long time.

Not sure how they'll ever reach those dizzying heights mate. He had 7 tackles so he'll play again next week, bookmark it.

They have to be counting his tackles that they still get the ball away.
I need to watch a replay and see if he lays 7 tackles that stick and impact on the player with the ball. See what his real number is, he had a few broken in the last quarter i know that.

On top of this surely that alone cant keep giving you a game alas...

I feel a little dirty as we kinda robbed them blind - that was a shocking free kick to Reid at the end there to seal it - but on the flip side we cop our fair share of poor decisions (or non-decisions) I guess so I'll take the win!!!

I think this should sort out any remaining De Goey doubters are now though - I've always rated him as a bull with great skills and was happy when we drafted him.

The time he has spent up forward has set him up for performances like this when we need someone to step up when we're struggling to score.

The one vexing aspect still is losing focus and letting the opposition kick goals late in the quarter - eliminate that one issue and we are automatically a 2-4 goal better side defensively (which in turn would have likely won us 2-3 more games at least).

The boys are still teasing us with the glimpses that we've been showing all season which is frustrating - whoever takes the reins next year will likely discover that they have a bit more to work with than most pundits think.

I'm a Muppet? Lol. What is this 2005?

People are talking Langdon up, they need to go back and watch it again. He was terrible for most of the game.
He got outmarked by Darling when hopelessly out of position.
Other than that he was fine.

Don't make me throw up please.

There is a reason we didnt go a hard line youth policy after the Hawks loss when everyone conceded that finals were off the table. Including buckley.

Im betting Bucks had from the GC game to save himself through competitive performances.

Is it good or bad if bucks coaches on in 18?
I think both have a valid argument for sacking and for retention.
Not sure its a black and white decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something will be said during the week but in both games I watched today (Rich/GWS and Coll/WCE) the umps actually paid lots of frees early and then stuck to their guns. Blokes being held at stoppages were freekicked, forwards going for their marks were paid frees for holding, blocking and pushes. It was great!
The umps only have to keep on doing this and the number of mauls will decrease dramatically...oh and teams that play contested footy will actually score more as well!

Go Pies. (Here's hoping young Darce and old Varcs are both ok)

There is a reason we didnt go a hard line youth policy after the Hawks loss when everyone conceded that finals were off the table. Including buckley.

Im betting Bucks had from the GC game to save himself through competitive performances.

Is it good or bad if bucks coaches on in 18?
I think both have a valid argument for sacking and for retention.
Not sure its a black and white decision.

His eraticism as coach will cost as a finals birth next yr.

You do realise that we have only had 1 game won at 3/4 time this yr.. 17 games in. That was the Geelong game.

Something will be said during the week but in both games I watched today (Rich/GWS and Coll/WCE) the umps actually paid lots of frees early and then stuck to their guns. Blokes being held at stoppages were freekicked, forwards going for their marks were paid frees for holding, blocking and pushes. It was great!
The umps only have to keep on doing this and the number of mauls will decrease dramatically...oh and teams that play contested footy will actually score more as well!

Go Pies. (Here's hoping young Darce and old Varcs are both ok)
Speaking of umps. that free Reid got to put us in front was one of the worst calls for the year.

Speaking of umps. that free Reid got to put us in front was one of the worst calls for the year.

Worse than the deliberate OOB against Dunn that cost us a goal or the holding the ball against Sidebottom that cost us another one? Both sides copped poor decisions. I'm just glad the umps concentrated on the holding and off the ball blocking. Those sorts of frees stop the flow of the game.

I'll excuse him, he doesn't do it regularly like Langdon.
You've used the OOTF criteria to suggest Langdon was s**t today yet are prepared to excuse Howe for being a bigger culprit in that regard.

Just shows how "strong" your argument really is.

As I said both arguments can make a compelling case.

I lean to a new voice but can equally see the argument to retain him.

Old saying.. a leopard never changes its spots. He struggles with home and away games.. I can't imagine him winning 3 or 4 consecutive finals to win us a premiership.. his eraticism will cost us yrs in finals as well. So one thing making finals.. another thing is having the nouse to win em.. you're looking at at least another 5 yrs under him before we even get remotely near the cup.. that's at least 5 yrs and beyond. F that is what I say.

You've used the OOTF criteria to suggest Langdon was s**t today yet are prepared to excuse Howe for being a bigger culprit in that regard.

Just shows how "strong" your argument really is.
No I'm just using it as an example. Langdon played a few good minutes of footy, that's it. Every other game he has offered nothing, Howe does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back