Toast Kudos To Brad Scott Thread !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I am probably not going tbe standing ovation just yet. One win from our last 11 games is the facts. Will be interesting if we go in Swallow and Thomas next week.

The Adelaide game should tell us a bit. We dont like rucking Goldie against Jacobs. Will he promote Preuss?

I am probably not going the standing ovation just yet. One win from our last 11 games is the facts.
Off course not. If the path we're on ends up vindicating him you'll be one of the last back on board. But credit where credit's due.

Will be interesting if we go in Swallow and Thomas next week.

The Adelaide game should tell us a bit. We dont like rucking Goldie against Jacobs. Will he promote Preuss?
LT may have earned himself a recall, though one Swallow doesn't make a summer. In Swallow's case no Swallows make a summer.

Goldy and Jacobs usually have good battles with Goldy often enough coming up trumps I thought?!

The coach pulled of some excellent tactical moves and deserves credit for this match.

Let's hope we haven't see the last of this from Brad.

And where has this Plan B for ever???????????????????

Dunno. Perhaps he thought he had the cattle to win matches under a stricter tactical set up.

His moves of Hansen, Anderson and L-Mac all paid dividends last night and the bloke deserve credit.

I tell you what.

Watching that footy classified interview with Brad the other night, there's no man I'd prefer to be at the helm for the next few years. Give him another 3 or 4 years and see where he can take this team.

What he said about teaching the younger guys attacking style of footy first, then comparing to Carlton couldn't be more true. It'd be pathetic watching us kick 6 goals a game and the contest being really scrappy with players rarely breaking the lines. We are exciting and the future really is bright.

I often joke around throwing up a few sack Scotts here and there, but this man loves our club and as he put it, if he wanted to have job security he'd have Drew, Dal, Boomer and Spud still on the list. As far as coaching and lost management goes, high risk high reward, all in.

If you can't deal with a few losses this year and can't see positives in every game, then GAGF and support GWS. This man is building something special, not for the next two years, but for the next decade.

I tell you what.

Watching that footy classified interview with Brad the other night, there's no man I'd prefer to be at the helm for the next few years. Give him another 3 or 4 years and see where he can take this team.

What he said about teaching the younger guys attacking style of footy first, then comparing to Carlton couldn't be more true. It'd be pathetic watching us kick 6 goals a game and the contest being really scrappy with players rarely breaking the lines. We are exciting and the future really is bright.

I often joke around throwing up a few sack Scotts here and there, but this man loves our club and as he put it, if he wanted to have job security he'd have Drew, Dal, Boomer and Spud still on the list. As far as coaching and lost management goes, high risk high reward, all in.

If you can't deal with a few losses this year and can't see positives in every game, then GAGF and support GWS. This man is building something special, not for the next two years, but for the next decade.
Superb post.
I'm so glad that we have gone back to an attacking game style.... North have still been a good watch this year despite all the losses. It must be much easier to get buy in from the players when you play an exciting brand of footy. If we manage to secure a gun outside mid as a free agent that could really light the touch paper.....

I tell you what.

Shame I can only like this once.

Off course not. If the path we're on ends up vindicating him you'll be one of the last back on board. But credit where credit's due.

LT may have earned himself a recall, though one Swallow doesn't make a summer. In Swallow's case no Swallows make a summer.

Goldy and Jacobs usually have good battles with Goldy often enough coming up trumps I thought?!
Yep , Goldy has well and truly had him covered over the journey

Yep , Goldy has well and truly had him covered over the journey

Could be true but unfortunately there is zero statistical evidence to back your "all over" claim. But what would I know :)

You have lost me, please elaborate further? Not sure what you are saying?

Over the last few weeks I've potted Brad for playing five fwd pockets. Swallow fwd lol. questioned why he didn't move Hansen fwd. Goldie and Preuss as our KPF would never work. Also adding I suggested he could coach for another ten years should be able to stop playing favourites and pick a team on form. Also he needed to address our team balance which was all over the shop and that he needed to become more flexible on game day. He did that last night, also we beat a fairly ordinary side. Jury is still out, signs are good though.

You have lost me, please elaborate further? Not sure what you are saying?

Over the last few weeks I've potted Brad for playing five fwd pockets. Swallow fwd lol. questioned why he didn't move Hansen fwd. Goldie and Preuss as our KPF would never work. Also adding I suggested he could coach for another ten years should be able to stop playing favourites and pick a team on form. Also he needed to address our team balance which was all over the shop and that he needed to become more flexible on game day. He did that last night, also we beat a fairly ordinary side. Jury is still out, signs are good though.
I must be missing all the specific 'good signs' you have been highlighting, versus (like this post) all the specific complaints?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We give him a lot of crap about no plan b, but that was a great move for us structurally.
I was thinking the same......had a touch of "listening to other coaches" about it I thought. Acceptance of my "plan A" is out the door for 2017. In a way it could be very beneficial for Scott to loosen the shackles and be more open to other ideas now.

Superb post.
I'm so glad that we have gone back to an attacking game style.... North have still been a good watch this year despite all the losses. It must be much easier to get buy in from the players when you play an exciting brand of footy. If we manage to secure a gun outside mid as a free agent that could really light the touch paper.....

...we had one.

Pity he ran laps of Arden St most weekends but wanted to be paid for that for 3 years instead of 1.

Time to extend!!!

Scott has next year to earn it.

I'm in the "anti-Brad" camp sure, and think we need to move on, but if he makes finals next year (which we can) i'd reluctantly accept a 1 year extension.

No finals no extension for mine, honorable losses are still losses, even acknowledging he's done a pretty good job over the years.

Last edited:
Scott has next year to earn it.

I'm in the "anti-Brad" camp sure, and think we need to move on, but if he makes finals next year (which we can) i'd reluctantly accept a 1 year extension.

No finals no extension for mine, honorable losses are still losses, even acknowledging he's done a pretty good job over the years.

That's pretty much how I feel and I'm in the pro Scotts camp.

If we don't make finals I wouldn't want an extension either, but we need to find a suitable replacement first. But I won't go on about it here if he gets one anyway.

I'm prepared to give him a bit more slack because he started out with us as a new coach and seemed to develop into someone with a vision and a method for making our side more successful than it could have been. I think he's done well and got the best out of the players, up to a point. The last year and a bit has been disappointing tho. (Even tho I think he's done ok this year. Two of those close losses being wins and I'd be so much more happy about things tho.) Probably under more adversity than he's been for a while. I think the younger players are developing well. Guys like Brown, Garner and Turner are impressive imo. LMac - :thumbsu:. Tarrant has come on very well, and these younger players are really showing something. I would have preferred we were flag winners but that we aren't isn't just on Scott's head.

He has weaknesses, or limits and if he can't make it work with those weaknesses next year then we probably do need to start again given how many young players we have coming on.

I guess if the year started badly then they gelled and started playing like Sydney are now but just missed finals I might want to see how they went the next year as well and be okay with an extension. But we'd all be raving about the future if that happened. It'd have to be a stand out thing.

There's no way I'd say all that on the other thread. Its too polarised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back