Wines on Langdon

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy.

1 week, 2 if he's unlucky.

How on Earth do people thing he will get a fine for that? He clearly left the ground and it was late.

It'll come down to the grading.

Head high contact is a given. I'd argue it's careless over intentional based on how these are usually graded. Based on the fact that Langdon got up and played on without issue you'd assume low impact.

High/Careless/Medium impact is $1000

If the MRP want to argue medium impact or intentional it'll be 2 down to 1, if they want to argue both it'll be 3 down to 2.

Sidebottom got suspended for 3 weeks I think for the exact same thing vs St Kilda. Chose to bump late, high contact, left the ground, it should be 2 weeks minimum but we all know the MRP doesn't stay consistent.

he has to get what mummy got last week

I must admit I hadn't seen that one. He got careless, medium, high and no record = 1 week. There is always the 'medical report' shenanigans but Gawn seemed to get up pretty close to straight away (I assume he played out the game unimpeded?). The comparison is pretty close, although it shows how ridiculous it is that Selwood gets to punch people behind play and elbow them in the back of the head, but if you lay a careless bump that does no damage you get a weak. I'd still be filthy with it for that reason. Does Wines get the 'good bloke' discount or does that only apply to Victorians?

Sidebottom got suspended for 3 weeks I think for the exact same thing vs St Kilda. Chose to bump late, high contact, left the ground, it should be 2 weeks minimum but we all know the MRP doesn't stay consistent.

If the MRP were consistent, he'd get a pat on the back in comparison to the 2 weeks Adams got for repeatedly punching and kneeing Westhoff in the head and nearly knocking him unconscious a couple of years ago. But sure ... play the victim.

I must admit I hadn't seen that one. He got careless, medium, high and no record = 1 week. There is always the 'medical report' shenanigans but Gawn seemed to get up pretty close to straight away (I assume he played out the game unimpeded?). The comparison is pretty close, although it shows how ridiculous it is that Selwood gets to punch people behind play and elbow them in the back of the head, but if you lay a careless bump that does no damage you get a weak. I'd still be filthy with it for that reason. Does Wines get the 'good bloke' discount or does that only apply to Victorians?
I think Wines will get a game.. purely cos he chose to bump and got Langdon in the head. it was also late. Yes Wines is a fair player but still got the head and chose to bump. 2 down to 1.

I think Wines will get a game.. purely cos he chose to bump and got Langdon in the head. it was also late. Yes Wines is a fair player but still got the head and chose to bump. 2 down to 1.

I am more nervous having seen the Mumford incident. Do you actually think it will be consistently applied in the future though? Do you think every person that injures a player mildly (i.e leaving the ground, or maybe failing a concussion test) will get graded high and get 2-3 weeks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some seem to think Wines' bump on Langdon warrants weeks.

If the MRP are consistent, it'll be a $1000 fine for high contact, careless, low impact:

Are you having a laugh? In the current climate this will not be just a fine. It probably should but.....

No one has really addressed the grading system which make any predictions meaningless. For Wines to get a week with no prior record one of two things has to happen. Either it has to be graded intentional or medium impact. Does anyone think either of those gradings appropriately fit the bump? Grading it intentional would be extraordinary harsh considering how infrequently they pull that trigger on bumps (And I would challenge anyone to argue that was his intention) and given some of the genuinely intentional acts being graded conservatively. To grade it medium impact would quite frankly be a disgrace. There is solid contact and I can't see an insufficient force ruling, but the player got straight up and was completely unhurt. If you're saying it is medium impact you have to put it context with other bumps. If they leave the ground/ have to have the concussion test (but pass it and come back on) that is high impact, any injury is (extreme?). In no way does that represent how bumps have been graded in the past, or likely to be in the future. Even though he is probably lucky that Langdon got up (sometimes they don't) they can't justify giving him a week without making themselves look like complete buffoons. People on here like to say that the injury to the player shouldn't matter, but under the grading system that is pretty much all that matters save for a finding of a breach of the rules.
Here's the thing. The MRP will call it head high, medium impact and with an early plea 2 down to 1. That way Port would be foolish to challenge given the lottery nature of the system.

again, a fair decision. As I said earlier Langdon getting up straight away once he realised no free was paid has saved Wines.

again, a fair decision. As I said earlier Langdon getting up straight away once he realised no free was paid has saved Wines.
What difference does it make if Langdon got up. He left the ground, it was late, he chose to bump instead of tackle and it was to the head. Should be minimum 2 weeks. The MRP have lost the plot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back