Autopsy R22 v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

And that's the problem. He does have a record.

Soft yeah, it wasn't a hard bump, bur like you said always a 2 week suspension nowadays.

Having said that, for mine we wouldn't want him to change the way he plays.
Unfortunately there will always be times when his hits don't quite happen the way he meant them to, as he wouldn't have been going for the head, that's just something he needs to be aware of and pehaps improve on, but change the style? No.
He needs to play to that edge, when he didn't he was useless to us.

tribey that is absolutely the damn point

It ceases to be standing your ground when you go out of your way to get in the way of an oncoming player. Off the ball too. Probably wouldn't have been cited either if he just bumped him without raising the elbow to a player shorter than him.

Yeah I'm just rustling jeems now. That default 2 for high/intentional has Shang Tsung'd my will to live.

Had Jonas kept moving in the same direction, dahlhaus would have got round him.

Is it soft? Probably. But its not 1995 anymore. We know the mrp look at these sorts of things all the time.

So what you're saying is that forwards have 'right of way' and a defender should just let them get separation as soon as they change direction by letting them go past before tracking them back to the goals?

Unless Dahlhaus is Derick Zoolander and can't turn left, what the * was he doing turning toward Jonas? It was like he had no awareness of where Tom was or, worse, didn't care that he was there and thought he would just move out of the way. So Tom gave that *head a nice bodycheck for his trouble.

Did he mean to bump him? Yep, so it was intentional.

Did he * up by getting him high? Sure, I don't think he meant to.

Was it worth it? Abso-*******-lutely.

As much as it sucks it was always the likely outcome for jonas. Silly to do it at this time of the year

2 down to 1 would've been a fair result, the force was minimal but you still can't hit a bloke in the head with a raised elbow ('stood his ground' lol, tribey ur havin' a giggle m8) 50 metres off the ball, nor should you be able to. TJ only has himself to blame for the extra week.

So what you're saying is that forwards have 'right of way' and a defender should just let them get separation as soon as they change direction by letting them go past before tracking them back to the goals?

Unless Dahlhaus is Derick Zoolander and can't turn left, what the **** was he doing turning toward Jonas? It was like he had no awareness of where Tom was or, worse, didn't care that he was there and thought he would just move out of the way. So Tom gave that ****head a nice bodycheck for his trouble.

Did he **** up by getting him high? Sure, I don't think he meant to.

Nobody's saying he should've jumped out of the way. You can block someone's run without hitting them in the head.

Unless Dahlhaus is Derick Zoolander and can't turn left, what the **** was he doing turning toward Jonas? It was like he had no awareness of where Tom was or, worse, didn't care that he was there and thought he would just move out of the way. So Tom gave that ****head a nice bodycheck for his trouble.

Did he **** up by getting him high? Sure, I don't think he meant to.

IMG_4974.jpg

Yes but Jonas hectorpascal'd beyond the circumference of the parallel integer.

2 down to 1 would've been a fair result, the force was minimal but you still can't hit a bloke in the head with a raised elbow ('stood his ground' lol, tribey ur havin' a giggle m8) 50 metres off the ball, nor should you be able to. TJ only has himself to blame for the extra week.

Nobody's saying he should've jumped out of the way. You can block someone's run without hitting them in the head.

Ah I said he took a sidestep.

Either way it's a wild overcorrection for a nothing incident, handcuffed by the default 2 weeks for 'high/intentional'.

My only regret is not being cucked into believing that the high crimes of 'leaning', 'changing direction' and 'choosing to cease ambling at a negligible pace' are the work of a pre-meditated thuggo.

Cameron not getting a week for that was a ridiculous result. Two wrongs don't make a right.

But that's the inconsistency at the core of the problem.

They subjectivise similar incidents and then slap on a hard and fast grading depending on the mood and fervour of the time.

Ah I said he took a sidestep.

Either way it's a wild overcorrection for a nothing incident, handcuffed by the default 2 weeks for 'high/intentional'.

But to be clear, the default is two weeks down to one with a plea. One week for a head-high hit 50 metres off the ball would've been fair. The reason that option isn't available to Jonas is a problem entirely of his own making.

tribey said:
My only regret is not being cucked into believing that the high crimes of 'leaning', 'changing direction' and 'choosing to cease ambling at a negligible pace' are the work of a pre-meditated thuggo.

You forgot 'raising your arm and forcefully hitting someone in the jaw with it'. Carn. You're better than this. You're just wilfully ignoring what Jonas actually did so you can go on another MRP rant.

But to be clear, the default is two weeks down to one with a plea. One week for a head-high hit 50 metres off the ball would've been fair. The reason that option isn't available to Jonas is a problem entirely of his own making.

I don't disagree. It's still a high default starting point given what the contact and outcome was.

You forgot 'raising your arm and forcefully hitting someone in the jaw with it'. Carn. You're better than this. You're just wilfully ignoring what Jonas actually did so you can go on another MRP rant.

It's probably more because I dislike Footscray and their insufferable culture of diving/dropping/contest-shirking and the most undeserved circumstantial charity premiership in the history of world sport. At least equally unfashionable Leicester were genuinely the best team across the 38 games of that particular season.

The MRP stuff is just cathartic butter icing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dislike freekickbullfrogs as much as anyone but this is not the time of year to be taking that sort of risk. The diving dogs go down faster than a Italian forward in a World Cup match

The best bit about where Jonas hit him was that it was exactly where Greene hit him the week before. Dahlhaus has no situational awareness and just expects people to get out of his way because he's an undeserved premiership player. "Don't you know who I am? I'm Luke ******* Dahlhaus!"

Glorious.

Has this been posted lol
542467.jpg

As much as it sucks it was always the likely outcome for jonas. Silly to do it at this time of the year

This is precisely the time of year you NEED to do it.

With all the talk of the AFL cracking down on milking frees, there is very little discussion about how easily some players flop when contact is made. Quite a few of them play for the Bulldogs and Dollhouse flopped like a Channel 10 miniseries.

Can't find the footage but I'm almost certain i see Dalhousie jumped when he was tackled to make it look like a sling tackle.

They have a ruckman who's also trained to draw frees with ineptitude

It's like it's club philosophy: play to earn frees account for lack of footyball skills

He only hit him in the head because Dahlhaus dropped before contact.

Robbo stitching him up with full invective on 360.

"I don't know Tom Jonas, but that's a disgrace and he should've got more".

Feel free to stop giving your mate Jordan Lewis copious blowies the next time he deliberately f*cks someone up, pal.

Robbo stitching him up with full invective on 360.

"I don't know Tom Jonas, but that's a disgrace and he should've got more".

Feel free to stop giving your mate Jordan Lewis copious blowies the next time he deliberately f*cks someone up, pal.

Let's face it. Jonas has pretty much ruined his career and playing style now. He's a pariah for all time.

[Jonas Breathes]

THUG SIX WEEKS FARKEN BOOOOOOOOO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back