Review Round 5, 2023 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game and although I am very happy with the result, i don't think that we are actually that good. We have been alot better the past few years and we seem to be playing without a proper structure. We are winning our games from individual performances not from a team setup. Unless we can have some dominant wins and the players get a boost of confidence i cannot see us being better than a 10-14 placed side

On TET-AN00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, if Chocolate saw fit to throw Fabulous Delicious into the meat grinder a handful of times in service of easing the burden on AA-Lade, it might be worth using say, Hayes, as anything over and above permanent list ornament.
Agreed, unfortunately Fabulous Fabian De Luca turned out to be lacking a bit in the heart department, but at least he was given a chance.

Glad you audit yourself, is this a regular thing or just for me and the tax department?
I’m not seeing your general slagging posts from before half time.
They must have got lost along the line.
Hopefully you will be more positive after tonight and enjoy the game.
If you don’t enjoy us winning I guess there’s not a lot you can do …. The crows are doing ok maybe you can support them …….again?
This isn’t coming across the way you think it is…

Inferring I’ve deleted posts? Scraping the bottom of the barrel now.
I see the the new strategy of collective minds to win over the local villagers is Hinkley is not actually coaching, he’s just a cardboard cut out and Carr has taken over.
I guess something had to be done quickly to keep the propaganda machine running.
Only problem with it is if we start losing will the Generals start a sack Carr thread ( not likely) or will the cone of silence be lowered shutting out any reference to Carr coaching (most likely)
Anyway the Carr takeover will last at least this week as we should win against West Coast.
We will see what the Bold and the Beautiful have in store for there next plot.

I was at the game and although I am very happy with the result, i don't think that we are actually that good. We have been alot better the past few years and we seem to be playing without a proper structure. We are winning our games from individual performances not from a team setup. Unless we can have some dominant wins and the players get a boost of confidence i cannot see us being better than a 10-14 placed side

That's what has been happening the entire 10 years.

Gritty win that.

Can’t say much re gameplan or style - rain killed that. Felt like we were kicking ourselves out of it in standard fashion but then Marshall, X and Butters stepped up.

JHF was huge in the last. Ken needs to address the booing in the press conference, that s**t needs to stop.

Drew’s tagging work was top shelf. destroyed the Bont at the end.

AA looked the general back there again.

Thought everyone played their roles and guys like McEntee, Mead and Williams all held up their end.

Some big efforts in the last. Good win. Enjoy it.

BOOING maketh the man.
Bring it on football is football they will want the players wearing pink tutu's next.

I have to say I loved Ken having a 1 on 1 with JHF after the match that was brilliant.

FMD he is a genuine match winner that kid….

Brisbane game and this game came off the back of massive quarters from the Hornet
JHF reminds me of Wanganeen, insofar as he can be quiet for most of the game, but when the game is on the line he'll pull out something special

Is Hinkley actually making decisions from the bench, or is Carr doing it upstairs? That is the question.
Was sitting close to the coaches' box last night and occasionally watching them. Carr spent most of the time looking at his laptop or studiously observing the game. Bassett and Cornes were the two that seemed to be interacting. Davies sat on the tier above them observing the low rungs like a fat, bald emperor with Jonas alongside him as his courtier.

I noticed a look of distress on Lycett's face, upon being benched.
A slow, very slow realisation is dawning upon him.
Is Hinkley actually making decisions from the bench, or is Carr doing it upstairs? That is the question.

That was a " this is over" look if ever there was.
Would have been subbed in the 1st quarter if not for the possibility of an injury and it was an obvious call.

I see the the new strategy of collective minds to win over the local villagers is Hinkley is not actually coaching, he’s just a cardboard cut out and Carr has taken over.
I guess something had to be done quickly to keep the propaganda machine running.
Only problem with it is if we start losing will the Generals start a sack Carr thread ( not likely) or will the cone of silence be lowered shutting out any reference to Carr coaching (most likely)
Anyway the Carr takeover will last at least this week as we should win against West Coast.
We will see what the Bold and the Beautiful have in store for there next plot.

Has there been any camera shots of JC in the coaches box?
If not the conspiracy theory they don't want us to see someone actually doing something possibly holds up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If not the conspiracy theory they don't want us to see someone actually doing something possibly holds up?

I think all the assistant coaches are helping make some of these calls.

Don't underestimate Bass, he gets no love on this board but he's pretty shrewd and also a bit left field.

How do we know half of these changes Ken's just not been allowing for ages? Remember Bass and Cornes have been around a lot longer than Carr and would know the playing group with more insight.

The camera always seems to be on Ken on the bench. Like a nervous grandpa watching his grandkids playing little league.

I don't think we have a good record for beating teams after falling behind in the final quarter. To win by 14 points after being down by 8 early in the last made the win even more memorable.
Theez dayz 14 pointz is nothing
It waznt a comeback for the agez it waz a scrap with some luck
I place no store in last nightz win

Exactly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back