Autopsy Leon Cameron's coaching performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Unlike the Swans? Sorry mate how many no1 picks have we had? How many top 20 picks have swans had in comparison? Jesus give me a spell

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many top draft picks has anyone had compared to that mob?

They actually think they have achieved something when all they have done is fail with that many low draft picks they should never lose a game. It's embarrassing watching a finals team with 50 fans.

Could you imagine the G if they make a final there? The joint would be half empty but apparently that's good for footy.

I hate the swans and they have had some handouts ie cola and academies but not a tenth of what that other team has had and have battled for 30 years in Sydney.

Giants haven't had to work hard for a single thing and that is why they will fail because they have earned nothing

Not for the swans it's not.

A 3w3l record for Sydney over the last 6 years at Simmonds Stadium ( no game in 2014 from memory) Sydney are one of the few teams that can put Geelong off their game at Simmonds.

Anyone that actually thinks the Giants have the same cap as other teams and they afl aren't helping them is moronic.

As moronic as believing they have 15000 odd members and can't get half that to games

General Giant I don't know why you're getting so offended. Surely if GWS don't win a flag this year or next then Cameron goes? Surely you don't believe what you're saying here.
All im saying is that its way to early to tell if Cameron is gone.

The last 2 years finished top 4 and last year 1 game from the GF with finals not even started yet.

Simples.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'd of jumped ship from the Swans, (not that I ever would as I think it's pathetic ) to the Giants I'd be very unhappy with Cameron, there's always an excuse. If be keen to seen him replaced at years end with someone who can make the most out of the plethora of draft picks.

All im saying is that its way to early to tell if Cameron is gone.

The last 2 years finished top 4 and last year 1 game from the GF with finals not even started yet.

Simples.

Yeah okay that's fine I understand but looking at the way the Giants are playing has to be concerning to you surely? It is obvious that all that talk of talent and domination of the league has gone to their head. They expect it all to 'happen' because of how good they are, the defensive running and pressure from GWS is non-existent. Which is a function of work rate and desperation. They lack that and won't win a flag until Cameron somehow injects that into your team. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah okay that's fine I understand but looking at the way the Giants are playing has to be concerning to you surely? It is obvious that all that talk of talent and domination of the league has gone to their head. They expect it all to 'happen' because of how good they are, the defensive running and pressure from GWS is non-existent. Which is a function of work rate and desperation. They lack that and won't win a flag until Cameron somehow injects that into your team. Just my 2 cents.
Except none of us have said that.

All been talk from south of the border.

We played absolute shite tonight no doubt.

Am very interested in selections for that 1st week.

Do you think it possible that you still have players on your list that have contracts that were front-loaded into the seasons when you did have a larger cap.
Possible. Yet they are all now under it.
We also have players on our list being paid by other clubs.

As long as we are under it from this year on couldnt care less.

From where I stood watching the game last night, GWS have a host of very good, skilful outside players. If you let them get their run going and they get it in quick to their big forwards, they look very dangerous. There were also signs last night that they love to run forward and spread, but show less desire to run hard the other way.

Trouble is, they seem to lack toughness and inside grunt. This is why they've fallen down against other top 4 sides with hard inside players (Geelong, Sydney, Adelaide) who apply pressure. We haven't lost to them this year even without our skipper playing in either game.

Kelly is a great player and a great person (I'm related to him), but he's outside silk rather than grunt, and I'd argue Mitch Duncan is his equal. They recruited Deledio, who is a similar style of player to the others they have. Maybe they need to try putting some harder players around the ball; Toby Greene perhaps?

Yet GC with close to the same start up concessions are into their 3rd coach and are 17th with a year head start. :drunk:
Leon isn't a list manager/recruiter and he has had an elite list of talent assembled for him in this exact moment in time, it is his job to get the most out of them out on the field.

Gold Coast has absolutely nothing to do with evaluating Cameron's current coaching performance.

People will no doubt keep bumping this therad after a loss, that is the nature of this website, its a s**t slinging contest 95% of the time. Since we lost to carlton we have been exposed big time by sides playing really strong zones through the midfield and our fwd line. Cats play thier home ground incredibly well and our coaches need to find a way out of it. Everytime the camera panned up the field when we had the ball at wing or half back there was already Geelong jumpers everywhere and we were stuck playing stagnant ball use and kicking to contests. Pretty sure every coach at AFL level has been challenged at times and Leon is in the position now but for armchair experts who probably dont even watch us most weeks to suggest we have to win a premiership or the season is a failure is ridiculous. We over-achieved last year, nobody realistically expected us to challenge at the start of 2016 and plenty of very good teams never win premierships. The core of the team is under 25 and if we knocked out this year we will re-set and be back again next year. Kevin Sheedy has said it plenty of times, premierships are very hard to win and a lot of good coaches have never won one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back