The 2017 Rolling All-Australian Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely amazed by some of those selections. Scully has had an ordinary year, as has Treloar. Both were great in 2016, but it's not 2016 now. Don't get me started on no Oliver, you can take out Garlett if you think I'm biased. Heck you could even take out Hibberd or Jetta to get him in. Selwood and Lever have missed a heap of games, and Lever's not that good anyway. Sloane has been tagged out of half his games.

Probably find out Lingy and Darc pick the squad and it'll make more sense, but still genuinely baffling. 90% of the squads posted here were more accurate.

Some weird selections but Hurley, Zach Merrett and Daniher made the 40 so they got the Essendon ones right at least.
Yep Carlton ones are fine as well, thought Gibbs or Murphy might be a smoky but no 16th side is going to have 3 in the squad. Think they gave way to many Adelaide players a spot. I get they are the top side but think some more people where more deserving then Tom Lynch and Lever

Yep Carlton ones are fine as well, thought Gibbs or Murphy might be a smoky but no 16th side is going to have 3 in the squad. Think they gave way to many Adelaide players a spot. I get they are the top side but think some more people where more deserving then Tom Lynch and Lever

Lynch is deserving but Lever's a head scratcher. He's probably going to become one of the best defenders in the game but he's not there yet and missed five games.

Handful of very bizarre selections and non-selections this year.

So many Midfielders get named so always a few that are going to have to miss.
Kruezer and Docherty had to be in so at least they didn't stuff that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rampe missed a fair bit and had a couple of average performances.

Grundy more deserving from the Swans.

Grundy is always more deserving :mad::mad:

My last team was a couple of weeks back but I thought I'd see how I did against the All-Australian 40-man squad.

So three of my best 22 missed. Williams, Cotchin and Fyfe. The first two were borderline selections - they may have even been replaced had I updated my team last night. The lack of Fyfe in the squad is absurd.

I'd insert Hibberd, Sloane and Kennedy in my team based on the squad released.

Interesting point.
While Fyfe hasn't been the walk on water Fyfe of 2015, if hes not been in the top 7 or 8 mids I'll eat my hat

Oliver is so overrated, 2m handballs aren't impressive
Top 5 in the league for possessions, tackles, contested possessions and clearances.

Pretty good stats for an inside mid

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some weird as * calls. Lever, Selwood, Scully really shouldn't be there, and there's plenty of other debatable calls too.

Oliver robbed. Fantasia's unlucky to not be in the 40 at least, and if they could find room for Jonas, why not Grundy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back