Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it more a reflection that Sydney have become reliant on him?

It's unfortunate for football - but I'm afraid it's more evidence that the days of a big key forward kicking bags each week and leading his team to glory are long gone.

Teams just can't afford to have a guy kick more than 60-70 goals.

They become predictable for a start, and then if that guy is hurt (like Franklin last night and in the GF last year) or gets beaten - they're too vulnerable.

Meanwhile Old South rely on Hawthorns contribution to AFL subsidisation (specifically the 70,000 plus members) to survive. Super...

I guess it's a shame that in the game of life Old South lost out to St Kilda, Fitzroy, Footscray and North Melbourne . Lake Oval must have rocked last night...
Hawthorn's contribution comes from the misery of gambling addicts & the Tasmanian tax payer & it is this that has taken you from the point of extinction masked as a merger with the Melbourne football club. Your football club's heart is only beating artificially because it has been plugged into poker machines for all these 'successful years' off field.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/hawthorn-tops-the-pokies-losses-ladder-20160404-gnxys2.html

"Hawthorn might be sitting at seventh place on the AFL ladder at the moment, but when it comes to poker machines it sits comfortably on top.
Almost a quarter of the $92.6 million that Victorian punters lost at pokies venues connected with AFL clubs last year went into Hawthorn's machines."

No seriously mate, you can't make this sh.t up.

"Deakin University associate professor of Public Health Samantha Thomas said AFL clubs had not "stepped up and been accountable" for the harm their poker machines caused the community."

The Family Club?

Indeed!

So NOW you're including flags
about who is the greatest team of the modern era. the best side ever was the demons from 56 to 64. hawks nowhere near it.

premise still stands that the swans have a better record making finals than the hawks since buddy left, you cannot make an argument against that.

happy to start a service for those hawks supporters who still need to get over buddy leaving

about who is the greatest team of the modern era. the best side ever was the demons from 56 to 64. hawks nowhere near it.

premise still stands that the swans have a better record making finals than the hawks since buddy left, you cannot make an argument against that.

happy to start a service for those hawks supporters who still need to get over buddy leaving
You're already providing a service ...of sorts

He gets to enjoy an extra couple of weeks holidays. And isnt the topic of mockery.
time to move on mate, seeking sympathy from fellow hawks supporters helps, but you will really need to try inside to let go, buddy left, he screwed over the hawks for more cash, you need to realise that and let it go

They should be thankful Buddy left them enough cash to pay Vickery.:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

56 to 64 is the modern era? with 12 teams? The modern era started in 1987. About 30 years later.

The recruitment of Franklin isn't an issue.

It's the one from the year before in Tippett that has really hurt the Swans salary cap.

Yep, comparing it to the Martin deal it's pretty on par really aside from an extra couple of years. Without Tippett they could have been chasing Rockliff or Menzel etc

my comment about the demons said they were the best side ever, not the best side of the modern era. comprehension seems to not be your strong point

Expressing yourself coherently doesn't seem to be yours. When one starts their sentence with the word "About," the following clause is assumed to relate to the previous clause.

i.e "About last night. I really shouldn't have drank so much."

See how that works?

Keep trying. You'll get better with time.

Oh and "comprehension seems to not be your strong point," is just horribly worded. Have a word mate.

Isn't it more a reflection that Sydney have become reliant on him?

It's unfortunate for football - but I'm afraid it's more evidence that the days of a big key forward kicking bags each week and leading his team to glory are long gone.

Teams just can't afford to have a guy kick more than 60-70 goals.

They become predictable for a start, and then if that guy is hurt (like Franklin last night and in the GF last year) or gets beaten - they're too vulnerable.
Buddy reliant. Even Buddy knows this and plays up the ground to help out now and then

Expressing yourself coherently doesn't seem to be yours. When one starts their sentence with the word "About," the following clause is assumed to relate to the previous clause.

i.e "About last night. I really shouldn't have drank so much."

See how that works?

Keep trying. You'll get better with time.

Oh and "comprehension seems to not be your strong point," is just horribly worded.

You need a comma in between your sentences, not a full stop and your comment would be valid.

Back