Preview AFL 2017 - Prelim - Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, Fri 22/9, 7.20pm ACST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some rumors that geelong are looking at blicavs to run with tom lynch to try and shut him out as he is one of the crows main links between midfield and the forwards. Blicavs has the engine to go with him and with brodie smith out, i am nervous about the transition scoring power the crows will lose. I do however back in the crows mids against anyone as the crouch boys are on fire and sloane has learned how to handle a hard tag now. If dangerfield plays forward then hartigan is the obvious matchup as he has the height , strength and speed to go with him and has done really good shutdown jobs on both robbie gray and josh kennedy this year. He also really stood up in last years semi against franklin when talia and lever went down injured early in that game. Geelong have the game plan that can really trouble the crows but if the crows play to their ability i think they will win..

Some rumors that geelong are looking at blicavs to run with tom lynch to try and shut him out as he is one of the crows main links between midfield and the forwards.

Was the rumour from the flog Nathan Brown on the Sunday Footy Show who suggested it and was laughed off the panel for such a dumb idea? As Lloyd said,"you want to put a player in a role he has never played in his career and try it in a final?".

After Taylor towelled up Buddy with help from the rest of our backs I'd say we would be confident we have the tools required to take on Lynch without restoring to anything too drastic.

Was the rumour from the flog Nathan Brown on the Sunday Footy Show who suggested it and was laughed off the panel for such a dumb idea? As Lloyd said,"you want to put a player in a role he has never played in his career and try it in a final?".

After Taylor towelled up Buddy with help from the rest of our backs I'd say we would be confident we have the tools required to take on Lynch without restoring to anything too drastic.
I thought that it was not such a silly idea as lynch is a massive player for us and blicavs has the engine to do the job but if it doesn't happen and lynch plays his usual top notch game and helps the crows win i will be happy

I thought that it was not such a silly idea as lynch is a massive player for us and blicavs has the engine to do the job but if it doesn't happen and lynch plays his usual top notch game and helps the crows win i will be happy

Fair enough. As I said, we just held the Coleman medalist and best forward in the comp goalless. He plays a similar role as Lynch as well so I'm confident we don't need to play Blitz out of position. I'd imagine he'd get the job on Sloane or Matt Crouch (who's a out and out gun by the way).

Last time Danger was still sore in the foot from Hawthorn and went forward more. Scooter had only just come back in and was underdone (9 touches).
This time only Joel is a bit off so you'd think we may give a better account of ourselves in the middle this time around.

Adelaide was coming back from Darwin on a 6 day break whilst Cats had played at the G with 7 day break.

We can make all sorts of reasons why each side should win - our performances over the year have been better. No doubt about that.

Adelaide was coming back from Darwin on a 6 day break whilst Cats had played at the G with 7 day break.

We can make all sorts of reasons why each side should win - our performances over the year have been better. No doubt about that.
There is doubt about it, you finished top on percentage only, and both won 1 game apiece against each other, both as the home team and with similar margins.

Better in week 1 of finals no doubt about it however.

There is doubt about it, you finished top on percentage only, and both won 1 game apiece against each other, both as the home team and with similar margins.

Better in week 1 of finals no doubt about it however.

Seriously? Top 2 was wrapped up before the last two rounds. The % difference is around 20% - should have beaten Sydney but bad kicking is bad football, didn't care (rested players) against West Coast.

Defense similar but our attack is 300 points (12 per game) better.

The game is at Adelaide Oval not Simounds Stadium (where we haven't won since god knows when - 2003 I think) so thats why we are favourite and well rested and ready to go.

Like most Geelong games its all about the start. If can be with Crows at half time are a genuine live chance.

My nagging doubt is that the club put everything into last week with preparation, planning and effort. And everything came off. Unlikely that will happen 2 weeks in a row

Exactly my thoughts. After that Richmond game they were hell bent to not go out in straight sets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously? Top 2 was wrapped up before the last two rounds. The % difference is around 20% - should have beaten Sydney but bad kicking is bad football, didn't care (rested players) against West Coast.

Defense similar but our attack is 300 points (12 per game) better.

The game is at Adelaide Oval not Simounds Stadium (where we haven't won since god knows when - 2003 I think) so thats why we are favourite and well rested and ready to go.
shoulda, woulda, coulda but you didn't. Funny you say this yet just before:
We can make all sorts of reasons why each side should win

Over the course of the season both sides were extremely similar. That's been shown in many metrics.

shoulda, woulda, coulda but you didn't. Funny you say this yet just before:

Over the course of the season both sides were extremely similar. That's been shown in many metrics.

Well at least the pro Crow crowd will give us the umpiring advantage - will love to see Duckwood's bottom lip as he doesn't get his own way.

Fu
Fair enough. As I said, we just held the Coleman medalist and best forward in the comp goalless. He plays a similar role as Lynch as well so I'm confident we don't need to play Blitz out of position. I'd imagine he'd get the job on Sloane or Matt Crouch (who's a out and out gun by the way).
Funny enough Matt Crouch is rarely ever tagged. Not sure why but as he is a hard in and under player maybe a potential tag has less effect as he is at the bottom of the pack rather that waiting outside to do the damage. You guys though may do the trick you did v Sydney and that is to run a double tag in the middle

Fair enough. As I said, we just held the Coleman medalist and best forward in the comp goalless..
He had a corky and had 14 disposals. Kicked 0.3. How much of that was Geelongs pressure and how much Buddy feeling the effects of his corky is difficult. But Buddy crossed the line so he owns his performance. The 3 shots he missed were all gettable too. Not saying they were the difference but to point out you held him goaless is interesting. True but interesting

There is no way we want Patrick to stay in the midfield. He can stay forward, with Selwood not at 100% we should win in the midfield.

Knight will be all over Selwood anyway. He wore him like a glove last game, really pissed him off to the point Selwood eye gouged him.

Ah, Cats did tag Sloane with S Selwood & Blicavs! Sloane was able to 'break' the tag. On The Couch had some analysis of it.

Cats definitely played a man free in defence. The Crows slowed their forward 50 entries and made the forwards run to the ball carrier.

Danger played 1 out in the forward line - the Crows defended like teams have done now for years when a forward drops to the goal square - play a lose man in the space in front of him! Danger kicked 1 goal.

Shhh. Let them think they will win the tactical battle.....we know better. ;)

Some rumors that geelong are looking at blicavs to run with tom lynch to try and shut him out as he is one of the crows main links between midfield and the forwards. Blicavs has the engine to go with him and with brodie smith out, i am nervous about the transition scoring power the crows will lose. I do however back in the crows mids against anyone as the crouch boys are on fire and sloane has learned how to handle a hard tag now. If dangerfield plays forward then hartigan is the obvious matchup as he has the height , strength and speed to go with him and has done really good shutdown jobs on both robbie gray and josh kennedy this year. He also really stood up in last years semi against franklin when talia and lever went down injured early in that game. Geelong have the game plan that can really trouble the crows but if the crows play to their ability i think they will win..

I agree Hartigan did a superb job on Josh Kennedy at Subiaco - absolutely killed him - havent seen Kennedy beaten like that very often - especially on his home ground

As you would know - Dangerfields 1st couple of metres - he is lightning quick - Hartigan is a pretty big unit - i didnt think he would be quick enough -might be quick enough over 15 metres ( alah against Kennedy ) but just the 1st 3-4 metres i thought he might be found out

Crowd should be interesting if the umps are giving Danger the rub of it. Usually the umps, consciously or unconsciously, ride with the crowd.

If the Gov misses then our Lord and savior Troy Menzel, praise His name, shall kick a bag.

Sloane comes in for Smith's spot anyway.

Ez win
Well the umps seem to be on Sloanes side last time the teams played

No. No he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back