News Rumoured new Collingwood logo for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers. Been working on it all year in my spare time. The actual proposal is 40-pages long, with a bigger back story and deeper research into contemporary sports logo upgrades. I had to reduce it to make it uploadable. Looks like I may have missed the boat though if the rumours are true re: Collingwood's new logo launch. It was my biggest fear, the club releasing a new logo before the year was out, hence why I'm uploading now (maybe the club will see this and delay the launch ).

It is a really great job, well researched and presented.

Read all the comments lol. Our stupid ******* supporters all think it looks like Carlton. We've been using this monogram since at least the 1950s! I'm so glad they're bringing it back in a permanent capacity! I hate Facebook.

To be honest mate it's fair enough. You never see that monogram, Collingwood don't really use it do they? Outside of the last couple of seasons and in a history book it doesn't exactly have a presence in the minds of Collingwood supporters. A CFC monogram is definitely Carlton, incidentally your biggest rivals. The pies have plenty to work with, they're probably better off leaving any CFC monogram and doing something different.

Big up the lady who has a top comment commending the current logo for having the Australian flag on it though, lmao.

Lol surely the Pies aren't using CFC in their logo

It'll just be a secondary logo used on caps and the back of polos etc. which I don't have a problem with. If we just came up with a new monogram then I feel it'd be aping Carlton but this has been used for ages, at least as far back as 1953.

To be honest mate it's fair enough. You never see that monogram, Collingwood don't really use it do they? Outside of the last couple of seasons and in a history book it doesn't exactly have a presence in the minds of Collingwood supporters. A CFC monogram is definitely Carlton, incidentally your biggest rivals. The pies have plenty to work with, they're probably better off leaving any CFC monogram and doing something different.

Big up the lady who has a top comment commending the current logo for having the Australian flag on it though, lmao.

Lol I always laugh at anything regarding that. Nice work Pies for being a bit progressive, first backing SSM and now removing the Union Jack flag. I'm as surprised as I am appreciative.

As for the monogram though Dyl, why is there any reason why we can't stop using something for 20 years and then bring it back? It's obviously a worthy part of our history if the club decided to resurrect it for our 125 year anniversary, it's on the front of this year's memberships, back of the 2017 jumper etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers. Been working on it all year in my spare time. The actual proposal is 40-pages long, with a bigger back story and deeper research into contemporary sports logo upgrades. I had to reduce it to make it uploadable. Looks like I may have missed the boat though if the rumours are true re: Collingwood's new logo launch. It was my biggest fear, the club releasing a new logo before the year was out, hence why I'm uploading now (maybe the club will see this and delay the launch ).
Wow I love everything about this!

You've absolutely nailed the modern magpie and the logo is excellent. Way better than the leaked logo.

I'm still digging / fighting the good fight on Facey. Probably to little avail. Found this one from 1939. Nearly 80 years since first use, surely it's worth something in today's branding. It's a cool monogram.

29111623f1710efecba85d0bb7395896.jpg

As for the monogram though Dyl, why is there any reason why we can't stop using something for 20 years and then bring it back? It's obviously a worthy part of our history if the club decided to resurrect it for our 125 year anniversary, it's on the front of this year's memberships, back of the 2017 jumper etc.
If the emotional connection is there and you don't have to plug a photo of it in an old booklet 50 years ago on Facebook for anyone to recognise it, sure. If it doesn't immediately evoke the image of your most hated rival, sure.

If the emotional connection is there and you don't have to plug a photo of it in an old booklet 50 years ago on Facebook for anyone to recognise it, sure. If it doesn't immediately evoke the image of your most hated rival, sure.

You know as well as any that FB supporters are nuffies. Can't clubs appeal to the purists for once? I thought you would have liked this.

Read all the comments lol. Our stupid ******* supporters all think it looks like Carlton. We've been using this monogram since at least the 1950s! I'm so glad they're bringing it back in a permanent capacity! I hate Facebook.

It's looked like Carlton since the 1950s. Probably why they've seldom used it.

You know as well as any that FB supporters are nuffies. Can't clubs appeal to the purists for once? I thought you would have liked this.
I don't really mind, I think the monogram is harmless. But it's not quite on the level of the classic nuffies-on-prison-bars commentary ("why is port in collingwood jernzeys lol!!"), it's genuinely fair enough if people think it's a bit too close to Carlton and to get upset about it.

I'm still digging / fighting the good fight on Facey. Probably to little avail. Found this one from 1939. Nearly 80 years since first use, surely it's worth something in today's branding. It's a cool monogram.

29111623f1710efecba85d0bb7395896.jpg
Sure is a cool monogram, it's why we've kept it uninterrupted since 1910. :)

Seriously though, and without being snarky, it's cool if the Pies bring it back as a secondary mark. Most foundation clubs have similar interlinked monograms. They're historical and well worth revival. My only gripe is with AFC's clumsy effort - they should be interlinked and detailed.

GC should look at something similar,

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back