Review Which spud did you think was going to be a star?

Remove this Banner Ad

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Idea taken from the Geelong board - ironically since I was there looking to see what the latest was on Aaron Black.

Name a player / players you thought were destined for North Melbourne stardom only to be proven horrible wrong.

Any player whose career was cruelled by injury (Jesse Smith, Kieran Harper - I guess? - etc) doesn't count.

Just looking for players where you were just completely wrong about.

I'll start off...

I thought Ben Warren was going to sit in our forward line for 10-15 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At one stage I thought Lachie was going to be incredible, he was a good solid player but not what I thought he'd be.

I thought Ben Spate was everything we could need on the outside, bit of strut, bit of speed.

To this point on our list the one who I thought could be more than he is, is Maj.

For some reason I remember Trent Nichols from the 90s.i have no idea why I recall him but I do.

At one stage I thought Lachie was going to be incredible, he was a good solid player but not what I thought he'd be.

I thought Ben Spate was everything we could need on the outside, bit of strut, bit of speed.

To this point on our list the one who I thought could be more than he is, is Maj.

For some reason I remember Trent Nichols from the 90s.i have no idea why I recall him but I do.

Nichols didnt make it into the Flag era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back