List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got red carded for telling an obnoxious Carlton douche he won't see Carlton in a grand final in his life time. Touchy over there. Being horrible for 15 years is starting to catch up with them I think.
They'd get carded here if they did that too. That's a shitty way to post on another team's board. Pull your head in.

I heard that we met with Gibbs and his Manager in the bye week leading into the finals to discuss way of trading for Gibbs

Sounds like to me Carlton won't budge on asking price and we have walked away early

I'm relatively happy at present if we don't get Gibbs as the asking price is just massive, but personally I'm not certain we've heard the end of this. I think Reidy's going the complete opposite to last year and down playing/dismissing everything publicly to relieve pressure to actually get things done.

At present I think our focus is maximizing Levers value and seeing if we can bring in Motlop, everything else is on the back burner until then.

I'm relatively happy at present if we don't get Gibbs as the asking price is just massive, but personally I'm not certain we've heard the end of this. I think Reidy's going the complete opposite to last year and down playing/dismissing everything publicly to relieve pressure to actually get things done.

At present I think our focus is maximizing Levers value and seeing if we can bring in Motlop, everything else is on the back burner until then.
happy with this strategy .. wont be disappointments when we dont overpay. carlton still look like idiots..

And even after retirement Carlton fans will be here telling us he's still got a good five years left in him.

I think he has another year left of high quality then the decline will begin. When most AFL players hit 30, their performance begins the decline. It comes quick and it comes sudden.

Carlton fans cannot appreciate the gravity of their mistake because they are around 5+ years away from competing for a flag, so in their minds they think they are building when in fact they are missing out on players that would be potential a part of their first finals side in around the mid 2020s. Sobering thought that.

It was on a general draft and trade board on the main page where there's free reign to say what you like in response to other posters taunts. Blow me.
Even the main board is not the place for that Bay 13 crap. It's not 'free reign' at all.

Also, you don't have any infractions on your record at all, so...

It was on a general draft and trade board on the main page where there's free reign to say what you like in response to other posters taunts. Blow me.

Let me say this, if we posted on the Carlton board in the same manner in which Carlton posters posted on ours, we wouldnt have those Crows posters anymore.

Would have been a lot worse if the margin of the Tigers victory was a couple of goals. As it is some of them still claimed an 8 goal smashing would have been different if we had Gibbs, which is bs.

I think we are playing it cool on Gibbs as we don't want to occupy our time arguing about something that 2 clubs are clearly poles apart in terms of what we are prepared to pay and what they want

However, I think we will sit back and let them come to us hoping that they need currency to get their other deals done and they see that the only way to get that currency is to soften on their Gibbs demands.

If it comes down to them, trade Gibbs for what we have shown we are happy to pay or miss out on other targets, then they have more of a decision to make than just straight out trade Gibbs or not.

Hopefully they are into Schache as this will help our chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

images

That’s why I said it was rare! I think it might have been done first or 2nd day.

Anyway expect no public announcement from Gibbs until the deal is agreed in principle. If the negotiations fall apart (which I don’t think will happen) then nothing will be made public. I think it gets done without the public spat of last year. Unfair on all parties especially Gibbs and his family.

First day within the first 5 minutes. Barely half a cup of latte in they were.

Carlton think they have us over a barrel because they know we want Gibbs and they think we'll pay up because we're in a premiership window and he'd help us out for a year or two

So yes, in that context he's possibly more valuable to us than to them at the moment

What they're missing is that the picks that we'd realistically give them for him are more valuable to them than what he offers them for the next two years. A chance to bring in some young quality. But two first rounders? Cutting off their nose to spite their face

Could interest in Motlop be a ploy to get Carlton to be more reasonable? :p

No, interest in Motlop is to get more X-factor, considering that Charlie might be gone and Menzel didn't really have any. I don't see Motlop as a Gibbs replacement, just as I don't see Gooch as a Charlie replacement.

Stiffy, mate, you have been adamant that we're still madly after Gibbs: have you had any specific info on that, considering the current complete lack of interest on both sides? I called that the ship has sailed 11 months ago, not with any info, though.

He's not apart of their next flag and they could end up with a first rounder minimum for their next premiership window. I don't get it but oh well.

Bolton also doesn't want to look worse and they don't want membership and crowds to drop off if they are worse off without him. They're trying to get people excited about the side. I get it, but I'd do the trade because you'd potentially get two ten year players out of it if you're good at drafting.

Reid sounded pretty emphatic that Gibbs is no longer on our radar. Bugger.
Carlton's huge mistake. When they play finals in the mid 2020s they will rue this decision. Till then of course they think they were better of with him.

I mean I posted a month ago how they have actually regressed this season, which demonstrates how poor their list is at the moment.

Bolton also doesn't want to look worse and they don't want membership and crowds to drop off if they are worse off without him. They're trying to get people excited about the side. I get it, but I'd do the trade because you'd potentially get two ten year players out of it if you're good at drafting.

Carlton are not. Which is why they demanded two 1sts. They know they will botch one of those draft picks. FFS I wish we said to the Blues we will give you a 1st AND tell you who to draft.:p

Reid sounded pretty emphatic that Gibbs is no longer on our radar. Bugger.
nah man...here is the quote:

“Bryce is a contracted Carlton player. As we all know, we showed interest last year but have since moved on and it’s not a focus for us."

Break each statement down:
1. Bryce is a contracted Carlton player - well that is a fact
2. We showed interest last year but have since moved on - Yeah we have...moved onto Lever and Cameron deal...doesn't mean we won't re-visit the Gibbs deal
3. It's no a focus for us - Lever and Cameron are the focus

They doing this behind closed doors so if no deal done there's no extra pressure on club or player. Remember the media hype last year and then Rucci's article saying no player will want to come to Adelaide now. Who needs that bullshit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back