Ablett coming home

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty dumb analogy. Didn't realise Bryce Gibbs had a sick sister.

No more dumb than your captain, who berates a young player, and struggles to finish a sentence. Or that dumb stance during the National Anthem.

Just worry about not losing Grand Finals.

No more dumb than your captain, who berates a young player, and struggles to finish a sentence.

Just worry about not losing Grand Finals.

Look whose offended because he expects players to get to Geelong for nothing. You got Dangerfield for virtually nothing, you got the AFL to break the trade rules to suit your club and now you're all indignant because the Suns won't just hand over Ablett for next to nothing. There's no one more entitled than a Geelong fan.

Look whose offended because he expects players to get to Geelong for nothing. You got Dangerfield for virtually nothing, you got the AFL to break the trade rules to suit your club and now you're all indignant because the Suns won't just hand over Ablett for next to nothing. There's no one more entitled than a Geelong fan.

Hey, getting a player for nothing worked against your club.

There's no one happier than an Adelaide player being traded out of the club.

You should try talking logic sometime. We wanted Gibbs but didn't believe he was worth 2 first round picks. So farking what.

You're a pretty s**t human being, IMO.

You don't care about Gary Ablett or his family. You only want to take pot shots at Geelong.

There is nothing more bitter than an Adelaide Crows supporter- no premiership and no players want to stay there.

Don't forget, I'll just worry myself with my team never being in a sexting scandal, where police charges could be filed.

Better than your captain endangering lives on our roads as a drink driver and losing your club a major sponsor.

I bet he wakes up screaming after having nightmares of being tackled by Prestia at the mcg in a home final.

We'll see how much Geelong care for Ablett soon enough. If they don't offer 19 for him...then I guess we have our answer.

While Gazza has been an ornament to the game, father time waits for one and he will be 34 years old next year and one of the oldest playing.

He has struggled in recent years to get on the park with injury and started experiencing "old-man" recurrent hamstring injuries this year that generally spell the start of the end for players at this point in their careers.

While welcome at the Cats it was interesting that on Trade Radio on Friday, Stephen Wells was not overly optimistic a trade would be done as the Gold Coast demands are simply not realistic for a player that is unlikely to deliver much more than a dozen games of quality football.

Players fall off the cliff fast at this age and that is why players like StevieJ, Chapman, Mitchell and Hodge have been given away for nix.

The Cats hierarchy are very cognisant of this. I suspect the Suns are too but are resorting to unsavoury brinksmanship for a veteran that has served them admirably but simply wants to return home to his family.

Last edited:
Better than your captain endangering lives on our roads as a drink driver and losing your club a major sponsor.

I bet he wakes up screaming after having nightmares of being tackled by Prestia at the mcg in a home final.

We'll see how much Geelong care for Ablett soon enough. If they don't offer 19 for him...then I guess we have our answer.
Drink driving? Lol think you're getting him confused for good bloke Hodge

He sped, didn't drive under the influence

I'd say having a player possibly face two years' jail is far worse than losing a sponsorship.

Enjoy your one premiership. It will be 37 years before you win your next one. You'll self destruct like last time.

I can't believe Geelong are valuing draft picks ahead of GAJ's mental well being. Just give them your first rounder and get the guy home. Stupidity works both ways.

Why shouldn't he?

So Geelong are able to conduct themselves during negotiations as if it's a normal trade where they are looking for maximum value but Suns need to worry about GAJ's wellbeing. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You got a great deal with Danger but you paid more than every fool on your board said you would. Nothing turned out to be a first and second. Unders for sure, but s**t tins more than the clueless Cats board were certain of (not) paying.

If Geelong gave a crap about Ablett they'd pay whatever they had to and get the deal done. But Geelong are looking after Geelong so why shouldnt the Suns look after the Suns?

All Geelong have to do is pay proper value for him. That's the part you're not surprisingly leaving out.

Pretty dumb analogy. Didn't realise Bryce Gibbs had a sick sister.

You should try talking logic sometime. We wanted Gibbs but didn't believe he was worth 2 first round picks. So farking what.

Put the West End down and hang your heads in shame.
* me Crow fans are absolute dicks nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who says Geelong want him enough to pay a first rounder? Pick 88 or he can stay there or retire.

Moist Biscuit We have no obligation to get him over to our club whatsoever. Nor overpay for him to make Gold coast look better. When Mitch Duncans name or pick 19 comes up I hope we walk the other way.

Well looks like this thread has run its course.
Agree. The Suns should recognise the crucial part GAJ has played there over 7 years, both as a player and ambassador. They should stop the extortion and allow a 34 yo with two shoulder recos, and two years of soft tissue injuries restricting his game time to finish his career close to his family and do so on reasonable terms.

So do you think the Cats will trade 19 for Ablett? If not your club is doing the wrong thing by Gary.
Why? Because a few braindead plebs on here think so.
Morons. The deal will get done swiftly. The AFL will make sure of it now.

They'll scratch the Suns backs some other way to ensure it happens.

So do you think the Cats will trade 19 for Ablett? If not your club is doing the wrong thing by Gary.
No they're not, that's just what you're telling yourself because you want to see Geelong suffer. You're not alone in that regard, so don't feel too bad. Wells will get this trade done fairly if Gold Coast come to the party. He's got a strong reputation among the AFL circle for being a fair dealer, this won't be any exception. We will pay a fair price for a player turning 34 years of age with injury concerns who is requesting a trade home.

For future reference, the club that is demanding Mitch Duncan or Nakia Cockatoo for said 34 year old is not the club to be white knighting.

Geelong fanboys want to be the good guys and help Ablett out, just as long as they get him practically for free instead of paying something even close to reasonable to the evil Gold Coast organisation. Gotta 'win' the trade week.

One brownlow + club best and fairest for another brownlow + club best and fairest.

You can't really get a fairer trade any other way, nobody else at Geelong offers the same output that Ablett could produce on the ground.

One is in his 30s and on his last legs and injury riddled, the other is arguably one of the most durable players in the sport.

Yeah more of your best.

#clown

Considering that the Suns KNEW that Ablett wanted to leave last year, citing family reasons, and still refused to let him go, means that the Suns don't look too good PR-wise.

The Suns allowing easy passage for Ablett is a good way to make themselves not look callous and uncaring.

Yet Gary has gone to the Cats and told them how bad things are and how much he needs to get back there and they've said sure bud if we can get you on the cheap were happy to help.

Don't pretend you're the good guys in this. You Aren't.

Yet Gary has gone to the Cats and told them how bad things are and how much he needs to get back there and they've said sure bud if we can get you on the cheap were happy to help.

Don't pretend you're the good guys in this. You Aren't.
On the cheap? There's a very real fear among Cats fans that we'll overpay for him

On the cheap? There's a very real fear among Cats fans that we'll overpay for him

Geelong's official line on Ablett has always been that you're happy to have him as long as the deal suits you.

Nothing wrong with that, any club would do the same.

But some posters are making out like the Suns are the bad guys for not letting him go easily and now this terrible thing has happened they are the pricks. and Geelong was just concerned about Gary.

The truth is both teams were looking after their own interest (nothing wrong with that of course, thats their job) and neither has gone out of their way to help Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back