2017 Draft- Your Mock Top 10

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS was the guy who picked Tom Boyd with Pick 1 when GWS already had Cameron and Patton. If he thinks Fogarty is a superior player to other available options I think he'll take him. We still have pick 10 where we can pick the best available mid (Brayshaw, Higgins, Constable, etc).
SOS had an extended list at GWS iirc.

SOS was the guy who picked Tom Boyd with Pick 1 when GWS already had Cameron and Patton. If he thinks Fogarty is a superior player to other available options I think he'll take him. We still have pick 10 where we can pick the best available mid (Brayshaw, Higgins, Constable, etc).
I think Freo will be spewing if Carlton don't go for Dow or Cerra and opt for Fogarty instead, i think they have had him in their sights for a while now.

That being said Cerra and Dow are surefire mids of the future and Vic boys so I can't see the blues passing on both of them.

I think Freo will be spewing if Carlton don't go for Dow or Cerra and opt for Fogarty instead, i think they have had him in their sights for a while now.

That being said Cerra and Dow are surefire mids of the future and Vic boys so I can't see the blues passing on both of them.
I don't think anyone in this draft is a surefire AFL mid. Cerra is sloppy, has suspect awareness of those around him, and slow. Dow lacks composure and tend to bomb it long. Rayner has terrible endurance.

Personally if I was SOS I'd pick Dow but I'm not SOS. I think he'll go with Fogarty

#1: BRIS - Paddy Dow
#2: FREM - Cameron Rayner
#3: CARL - Luke Davies-Uniacke
#4: NTH - Adam Cerra
#5: FREM - Jarrod Brander
#6: COLL: Jaidyn Stephenson
#7: STK - Nick Coffield
#8: STK - Andrew Brayshaw
#9: WB - Charlie Constable
#10: CARL - Darcy Fogarty

And just extending it for fun to include my own club:

#11: GWS - Jack Higgins
#12: ADEL - Aaron Naughton
#13: WCE - Lochie O'Brien
#14: SYD - Hunter Clark
#15: BRIS - Joel Garner

I have a theory that the Tigers will end up with Hayes or Oscar Allen at 17 . Over the last 10 drafts, we have picked 7 players with names ending in N or S with our first. Cotchin, Martin, Ellis, Vlastuin, Lennon, Eliis, Bolton.

1 Bris - Luke Davies-Uniacke
2 Freo - Cameron Rayner
3 Carl - Paddy Dow
4 North - Adam Cera
5 Freo - Darcy Fogerty
6 Coll - Nicholas Coffield
7 StK - Jaidyn Stephenson
8 StK - Andrew Brayshaw
9 WBD - Hunter Clark
10 Carl - Jack Higgins
11 GWS - Jarrod Brander
12 Adel - Aaron Naughton
13 WCE - Charlie Constable
14 Syd - Aidan Bonar
15 Bris - Sam Hayes
16 WBD - Nathan Murphy
17 Rich - Oscar Allen

Agree with this.

1. Brisbane - Luke Davies-Uniacke (inside mid)
2. Fremantle - Cameron Rayner (half fwd/inside mid)
3. Carlton - Adam Cerra (balanced mid)
4. North Melbourne - Paddy Dow (inside mid)
5. Fremantle - Darcy Fogarty (utility)
6. Collingwood - Nick Coffield (utility)
7. St Kilda - Andrew Brayshaw (balanced mid)
8. St Kilda - Jaidyn Stephenson (outside mid/ half fwd)
9. WBD - Hunter Clark (half back/ balanced mid)
10. Carlton - Aiden Bonar (half fwd/ inside mid)
11. GWS - Jack Higgins (half fwd/ balanced mid)
12. Adelaide - Aaron Naughton (key defender)
13. WCE - Charlie Constable (inside mid)
14. Sydney - Jarrod Brander (key fwd/ key defender)
15. Brisbane - Sam Hayes (ruck/ key fwd)
16. WBD - Nathan Murphy (half fwd)
17. Richmond - Oscar Allen (key fwd)

No way Brisbane draft a ruck with a 1st round pick. We are fine in the kpp/ruck area and also Ballenden is a ruck/fwd. We need mids mids mids

Would be utterly shocked should The Blues take Higgins before Dow or Cerra at #3.
You can never be sure this far out, but I'm pretty sure it will be one of those boys at #3 unless they go 1 & 2

Brayshaw or Coffield at #10 would be terrific.

Higgins won't happen that early, but this is a year where anything could happen. I have a feeling Coffield could be a chance at 3.

Be stoked with these to for Freo. Udl a country boy who loves his surf would fit in well. We have had great success with sa players. Yeah boi
93140_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569855283269.png

1 Bris. LDU (see as best available, big body and speed)
2. Freo. Rayner (star power, plays forward until has tank for midfield, Pick 5)
3. Carl. Cerra (class midfield)
4. Nort. Dow (best available at this Pick)
5. Freo. Fogarty (no slider from the first 4, rate higher than Brander/Naughton)
6. Coll. Brander ( Need KPP - toss up with Coffield for life after Pendlebury)
7. Saints. Brayshaw ( Best available at this point)
8. Saints. Stephenson (has good physical traits but a poor kick so slips)
9. Dogs. Coffield ( can’t see Dogs not taking him if he is available at 9)
10. Carl. Constable ( midfield depth )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick One Lions - LDU
Logic - They need bigger midfielders and the club has said that are looking to bring speed.

Pick 2 Dockers - Rayner
Logic - Fremantle needs more goals and on talent Rayner is the best in the draft.

Pick 3 - Blues - Dows
Logic - They need another power mid to go with Cripps. Could easier select Cerra or Fogarty

Pick 4 Roos - Stevenson
Logic - Club offically have said they need more x factor and this guy has it

Pick 5 Dockers - Bradshaw
Logic - Club they want pace. Just quicker than Fogarty and Cerra.

Pick 6 Magpies - Coffield
Logic - r club wants better kicks

Pick 7 Saints - Cerra
Logic - a player always slide due other clubs needs. No brainer for me

Pick 8 Saints - Constable
Logic - another player in the midfield

Pick 9 Dogs - Fogarty
Logic - question marks over Fogarty's best role. Dogs will turn him into a half back that runs in the mid part time

Pick 10 - Blues - O'Brien
Logic Went power with pick 3 and now add class and speed

Pick One Lions - LDU
Logic - They need bigger midfielders and the club has said that are looking to bring speed.

Pick 2 Dockers - Rayner
Logic - Fremantle needs more goals and on talent Rayner is the best in the draft.

Pick 3 - Blues - Dows
Logic - They need another power mid to go with Cripps. Could easier select Cerra or Fogarty

Pick 4 Roos - Stevenson
Logic - Club offically have said they need more x factor and this guy has it

Pick 5 Dockers - Bradshaw
Logic - Club they want pace. Just quicker than Fogarty and Cerra.

Pick 6 Magpies - Coffield
Logic - r club wants better kicks

Pick 7 Saints - Cerra
Logic - a player always slide due other clubs needs. No brainer for me

Pick 8 Saints - Constable
Logic - another player in the midfield

Pick 9 Dogs - Fogarty
Logic - question marks over Fogarty's best role. Dogs will turn him into a half back that runs in the mid part time

Pick 10 - Blues - O'Brien
Logic Went power with pick 3 and now add class and speed

Not bad. Similar to how I see it. Although I think St Kilda end up with two of:

Brayshaw
Cera
Coffield
Bonar

One of Brayshaw/Cera as a genuine mid & one of Coffield/Bonar as a quick & athletic tall utility

Will largely depend on who Freo & Pies take at 5/6.

I don't think anyone in this draft is a surefire AFL mid. Cerra is sloppy, has suspect awareness of those around him, and slow. Dow lacks composure and tend to bomb it long. Rayner has terrible endurance.

Personally if I was SOS I'd pick Dow but I'm not SOS. I think he'll go with Fogarty

Word is Fogarty very much lives SA will go AFL but could be a flight risk

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know s**t, but from the 3 minute videos i've seen i like the look of Fogerty, looks like a bull with decent skills, half a chance to be available at 6 too.
I am in the same boat. Whilst LDU and Rayner deserve to be rated in the top bracket Fogarty just seems to be a beast already with evasive skills (ala Danger).

With my untrained eye I'd say he is the best of the draft.

I would spew if you guys ended up with him at 6 after we had 2 chances to get him.

LDU reminds me of Pendles with a more solid build.

Would love 2 of Fogarty, LDU and Rayner. Perhaps we go with LDU at 2 expecting Fogarty to slide past the 2 vic clubs. We'll leave you blokes Naughton but you have to promise to trade him back after 2 years for a 2nd round pick.

Word is Fogarty very much lives SA will go AFL but could be a flight risk

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well we do hold pick 10 and could well draft him with it .
Shouldn't be a problem though , we'll send him home in 10 years time in exchange for 2 1st rounders ...

1 Bris - LDU. May go Rayner, but they did grab McCluggage last year, who will play a similar role
2 Freo - Cerra. Good inside mid and with the Hill's, Fyfe and Neale good users of the ball, i can see Cerra being attractive here.
3 Carl - Rayner. Won't pass up on the class.
4 North - Stephenson. As per Rayner. Gives them a bit of X-Factor for their list.
5 Freo - Fogarty. looked like a strong #1 earlier in the season too and worth the flight risk.
6 Coll - Brander. Need KP talent over anything else. Can see them going Coffield or Dow, but should really look at Brander (or Hayes)
7 StK - Dow
8 StK - Brayshaw. See St Kilda going the best 2 mids left at this point, and adding some polish to their midfield.
9 WBD - Coffield. Lots of qualities here that should attract the Dogs. versatility, pace, leadership.
10 Carl - Higgins. Blues lack small forwards, and he could add some spark to their midfield too. I'd expect a Naish bid here too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back