3. Steve Johnson
4. Matthew Pavlich
5. Josh Kennedy
6. Brendan Fevola
7. Cyril Rioli
8. Eddie Betts
9. Jack Riewoldt
10. Barry Hall

I'm going to disqualify myself from rating guys like Lloyd, Richardson, Tredrea, Brown etc. Didn't watch enough footy during their prime to justify a strong opinion. Unluckiest would be Roughead, Hawkins, Chapman and LeCras. Milne isn't that close to making my list so don't see how people could justify including him in lists over a longer time frame.

Nice try, attempting to sell your eagles mate as a troll, but nah- watching him try to backtrack in following posts proves he is being serious. We all have deluded fans, embrace him mate.

That's the art of trolling, deliberately ignoring all mentions of LeCras and debating the other forwards in there. The fact that you're taking it at face value and heavily arguing against it is the whole point. I cracked up when I read the first few pages of the thread

Edit: Woody also joining the party, brilliant that he made it onto the fb page, trolling is annoying most of the time but done right it's hilarious

Hart
Jesaulenko
Hudson
McKenna
Wade
Ablett Snr
Lockett
Carey
Dunstall
Richardson

Do you 'rage cry' every time someone doesn't rate an Essendon player as highly as you do?

Not at all.

I can certainly see through it when a noted Essendon rager wants to rate David Neitz ahead of Matthew Lloyd.

Be kind of like me saying I prefer Stephen Tingay to Sam Mitchell, because he was a more dynamic and entertaining player.

AND YOU HAVE TO RESPECT MY OPINION OR YOU'RE INFRINGING ON MY SAFE SPACE!

So what's your point?

That Jakovich’s first 50-100 games, weren’t your normal first 50 games, so this “only player to do so and so in their first blah blah odd games” isn’t very useful as an actual comparison to what other players have or have not done. There are quite a number of guys who performed as well or better than he did by that age.

Anyone that claims to have watched Richo play and have him in the top 10 is obviously influenced by someone's media career.

He was one of the laziest and most petulant footballers to have played the game. When you get dropped for consistently giving up then aren't in the top 10 of anything good. Sure he had abundant natural talent but that didn't make up for some serious flaws.

He played in an era where most teams had a better forward than him. Top 10? What a joke.

That's the art of trolling, deliberately ignoring all mentions of LeCras and debating the other forwards in there. The fact that you're taking it at face value and heavily arguing against it is the whole point. I cracked up when I read the first few pages of the thread

Edit: Woody also joining the party, brilliant that he made it onto the fb page, trolling is annoying most of the time but done right it's hilarious
Ok mate, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Anyone that claims to have watched Richo play and have him in the top 10 is obviously influenced by someone's media career.

He was one of the laziest and most petulant footballers to have played the game. When you get dropped for consistently giving up then aren't in the top 10 of anything good. Sure he had abundant natural talent but that didn't make up for some serious flaws.

He played in an era where most teams had a better forward than him. Top 10? What a joke.

800 goals and sits 12th on the all time goals tally.

Richo was a great forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petulant yes, lazy no. Maybe lazy in the same way people called Buddy lazy when he played for us, meaning people talk out of their asses.

That post is a joke. He wasn't lazy at all. He kicked 800 goals.

Richardson is comfortably in my top ten.

The bloke could have left the Tigers at numerous stages, and probably would have won a flag.

I rate him easily ahead of Tredrea and Brown.

A consistently good footballer playing at the head of a consistently s**t side.

I rate Richo.

Petulant yes, lazy no. Maybe lazy in the same way people called Buddy lazy when he played for us, meaning people talk out of their asses.

Lazily tore our arses up - consistently.

That post is a joke. He wasn't lazy at all. He kicked 800 goals.

In 2008 (in the latter end of his career) I remember he played kind of as a roaming midfielder as well, remember a game against Hawthorn where he got like 29-30 touches but only 1 goal? Was definitely not lazy, very good player who got fair return from his natural talent.

In no particular order:

N. Riewoldt
M. Richardson
W. Carey
M. Lloyd
T. Lockett
J. Dunstall
T. Modra
L. Franklin
G. Ablett Sr
S. Kernahan

And considering everyone posting here is old enough to have seen Franklin, if he isn't on your list you are absolutely taking the piss.
Yep pretty hard to change this list for mine. Sticks/Tredrea the toss up if I were to make one change, with guys like Schwarz not doing it for long enough due to injury.

In no particular order :

Hudson
Ablett Snr
Lockett
Dunstall
Franklin
Carey
Daicos
Leigh Matthews
Akermanis
Steve Johnson

Left out favourites and a number of others in the mix for the bottom couple of slots.

In 2008 (in the latter end of his career) I remember he played kind of as a roaming midfielder as well, remember a game against Hawthorn where he got like 29-30 touches but only 1 goal? Was definitely not lazy, very good player who got fair return from his natural talent.
He was dropped for not chasing a ball.

On many occasions he just gave up chasing & turned his back on the play.

If that's not a lazy footballer I don't what you'd consider "lazy".

Richo was one of most naturally talented footballers to play the game. Unfortunately he was one of the dumbest too. It's a joke to even consider him in the best 10 of his era let alone longer than that.

Hart
Lockett
Dunstall
Budwah
Richo
Carey
Ablett Snr
Hudson
McKenna
Lloyd

Apoligies to
Jesalenko
Roach
Blight
Knights

Since you seem to go back so far, where would you have David Cloke? Very underrated CHF at Richmond before the move to Collingwood. Awkward looking but extremely effective. I had him around the 20-25 ish mark that I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back