Universal Love The Drugs Are Bad Mackay? approved Australian cricketers are cheats Discussion Thread

Who will win the Ashes?

• England

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Australia

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • The 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Cricket will be the real winner

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Clarke...if 'yous' can't talk properly, don't get a gig talking.

Honestly, whoever is selecting the Ch9 commentators needs a performance review

Call me out of touch, but Bill Lawry is far and away my favourite. I don't watch any cricket these days, but I hear him commentating wicket balls on the news. Still got it for those moments.

Call me out of touch, but Bill Lawry is far and away my favourite. I don't watch any cricket these days, but I hear him commentating wicket balls on the news. Still got it for those moments.
And he knows what he is talking about too...except today when he said it was a great day for cricket - umm Bill, it was 38C!!!!!

He does, but the pissing contest between him, Warne and the Sydney guys is nauseating and it gets worse every year
I'd go for Chapelli, Warne, Bill, Ish Guha, KO'K, Bhogle, David Lloyd and I don't mind Petersen either on BBL

I don't mind Warnes knowledge but his poor attempts at banter and an inability to speak English grind my gears.

I haven't minded BJ McCullum during the BBL as well as KP

And he knows what he is talking about too...except today when he said it was a great day for cricket - umm Bill, it was 38C!!!!!
He's losing his marbles a bit. Yesterday he said that the outfield was "lightning fast", when it's clearly been the slowest outfield of the series as a result of the grass being re-laid. Today he got the Marsh brothers mixed up, making a comment about Shaun, when it was Mitch who was on strike.

He's losing his marbles a bit. Yesterday he said that the outfield was "lightning fast", when it's clearly been the slowest outfield of the series as a result of the grass being re-laid. Today he got the Marsh brothers mixed up, making a comment about Shaun, when it was Mitch who was on strike.
Might be in line for an AFL commentary gig with that form line

I don't mind Warnes knowledge but his poor attempts at banter and an inability to speak English grind my gears.

I haven't minded BJ McCullum during the BBL as well as KP
McCullum's an interesting one. Seems like Gilly, Waugh, etc try to joke around, but he just wants to talk cricket...which I like.

I don't care about Waugh's donkey, how how many business class flights they've done in the last week, or which of the West Indian imports they think is the coolest. I'm there to watch cricket

That's gotta hurt, Josh Jenkins has called Joe Root soft for not coming back out to bat
Norovirus is nasty, especially in that heat but when you consider Cummins did the same thing last Test big Josh has a point.

It wouldn't have saved the game but it's more a symbolic gesture, although if Bairstow was out there I reckon he might have tried.

Norovirus is nasty, especially in that heat but when you consider Cummins did the same thing last Test big Josh has a point.

It wouldn't have saved the game but it's more a symbolic gesture, although if Bairstow was out there I reckon he might have tried.

Captain leads from the front, can't expect others to give their all when you don't.

Josh Jenkins has called Joe Root soft for not coming back out to bat
JJ is hardly in a position to call other sportsmen soft, which is your point I'd guess. Do you have the direct quote, or URL? Or just kidding?
I don't like Joe Root, never will, because he's a good bat, a Pommie, and their Captain. When I learned this morning that he'd been to hospital on a drip for dehydration/heatstroke, my anti-Pommie schadenfreude kicked in --- can't handle Aussie cricketers, can't handle Aussie weather.
Even so, if he was too crook to come out and bat, let it be. Didn't hear anything about norovirus.
He tried before lunch, no good.
It wouldn't have saved the game but it's more a symbolic gesture
Maybe.
Maybe he was just too sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been used before but I can't refrain --- Cummins/Stark/Hazlewood/Lyon are the latest AWESOME FOURSOME, doncha reckon?
23/22/21/21 wickets respectively.
Every Pommie wicket that fell except run outs was taken by those four, amazing.

JJ is hardly in a position to call other sportsmen soft, which is your point I'd guess. Do you have the direct quote, or URL? Or just kidding?

I don't like Joe Root, never will, because he's a good bat, a Pommie, and their Captain. When I learned this morning that he'd been to hospital on a drip for dehydration/heatstroke, my anti-Pommie schadenfreude kicked in --- can't handle Aussie cricketers, can't handle Aussie weather.
Even so, if he was too crook to come out and bat, let it be. Didn't hear anything about norovirus.
He tried before lunch, no good.

Maybe.
Maybe he was just too sick.
JJ played 3 quarters of a GF with busted ribs, he can call whoever he likes soft.

It's been used before but I can't refrain --- Cummins/Stark/Hazlewood/Lyon are the latest AWESOME FOURSOME, doncha reckon?
23/22/21/21 wickets respectively.
Every Pommie wicket that fell except run outs was taken by those four, amazing.
The lack of a 5th wicket taker is hardly surprising. How many other bowlers did we use? Bird, MMarsh & Smith? None of those even looked like taking a wicket, unless a batsman was to piss himself laughing so hard at their ineptitude, leaving a wet patch in front of leg stump - "you just can't do that sort of thing in international cricket".

What is surprising is the evenness of the contributions. Every single one of those bowlers took 22 +/- 1 wicket. Normally there are 1 or 2 dominant bowlers (e.g. Anderson for England), not so among this group. There were only 2x 5-wicket bags for the entire series - Starc in the 2nd innings of the 1st test, and Hazlewood in the 2nd innings of the 3rd test. I can't remember the last time there were so few 5-fors in a 5-test series, particularly given that 90 of 100 wickets were taken.

Starc could have pushed past 25 had he played Boxing Day, mind you it was a road so I doubt he would have taken a bag

The lack of a 5th wicket taker is hardly surprising. How many other bowlers did we use? Bird, MMarsh & Smith? None of those even looked like taking a wicket, unless a batsman was to piss himself laughing so hard at their ineptitude, leaving a wet patch in front of leg stump - "you just can't do that sort of thing in international cricket".

What is surprising is the evenness of the contributions. Every single one of those bowlers took 22 +/- 1 wicket. Normally there are 1 or 2 dominant bowlers (e.g. Anderson for England), not so among this group. There were only 2x 5-wicket bags for the entire series - Starc in the 2nd innings of the 1st test, and Hazlewood in the 2nd innings of the 3rd test. I can't remember the last time there were so few 5-fors in a 5-test series, particularly given that 90 of 100 wickets were taken.

i lol at that

"England Cricket has said captain Joe Root did not suffer dehydration as first reported and was taken to hospital for a viral gastroenteritis bug."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...y/news-story/d8a750e4a5c44026369846e2569e8bcb
Some comments have been made in the media about his no-show when the 9th wicket fell and later during the presentations.
As I said above, I'm no fan of BabyJoe, but I don't doubt that if he could've come out, he would've.

Last edited:
i know, i recognized it straight away
I wasn't sure.. It's a long time since The 12th Man released any new material, and a lot of posters on this board are probably too young to remember his work.

These days I listen to them, and cross off all the characters who've passed away - Tony Greig, Richie Benaud, Max Walker, Wendy, Wendy jnr, Wendy jnr jnr. It's really sad, to think that so many of the legends of our past are no longer with us.

It's almost ironic, listening to Bill Lawry.. This is Your Life, when the Father is talking about Bill's school years, and every time he mentions someone Bill remembers it's "he's dead now".

I wasn't sure.. It's a long time since The 12th Man released any new material, and a lot of posters on this board are probably too young to remember his work.

These days I listen to them, and cross off all the characters who've passed away - Tony Greig, Richie Benaud, Max Walker, Wendy, Wendy jnr, Wendy jnr jnr. It's really sad, to think that so many of the legends of our past are no longer with us.

It's almost ironic, listening to Bill Lawry.. This is Your Life, when the Father is talking about Bill's school years, and every time he mentions someone Bill remembers it's "he's dead now".

i have listened to them in years, but i can remember wired world of sports like i heard it yesterday

Back