Autopsy Hawthorn Intraclub thread , Friday 9th Feb

Bad Parma?
Easy.

Any of the wanky "themed" Parmas are guaranteed to be shite...

Aussie parma with egg bacon & beetroot :thumbsdown:
Hawaiian parma with pineapple :thumbsdown:
BBQ sauce instead of Napoli :thumbsdown:
Surf n poultry with prawns :thumbsdown:
The list goes on and on, just google it... :sick::sick::sick:

Jesus_PaintingNEW_293150090.jpeg
Yeah kill the beetroot but how can egg and bacon on a schnitzel be bad?

I’m with you on that - KB is the future.

I don't think KB isn't half the defender Frawley is but he has time on his side.

Frawley has elite strength and closing speed. He kicks like a mule but he isn't in the team for that.

Although with the decline of your massive Hawkins-style forwards he may not be required as much.

Player 1
Metres Gained Ave - 240.4

Player 2
Metres Gained Ave - 169.0

Player 3
Metres Gained Ave - 308.4

Player 4
Metres Gained Ave - 341.9

Player 5
Metres Gained Ave - 237.6

Tip, Frawley is not player 2...

Tell me which one Frawley is and his KE% not his DE%... happy to eat humble pie, but it won't change my opinion.

Hardly surprising but you'd think posters would go easy on each other at least until the real stuff starts. Aren't we all supposedly to be stupidly optimistic because every player is training the house down at this time of year?

Then again its the same old problem of some posters becoming unreasonably offended whenever fellow supporters criticize their favorite player, nevermind how sensible & logical their argument may be. Some folks really need to learn that a critique of a player is not an attack on the club itself.

Come on man. Offering a counter argument to a negative one doesn't mean one is 'unreasonably offended' about their 'favourite player'...

Give me mtrs average for each? Elite footballers shouldn't be congratulated for hitting up 20 mtr kicks.
He’s a full back mate! You’re losing the plot.

Since when is Mtrs gained a requirement for a key defender? His job is to stop the best opposition forwards. Please name the bags he has had kicked on him since crossing over from Melbourne.

I like you Gold Member, I really do, but you are dead wrong. The Swan Hotel has a meat lovers parma which is essentially a meat lovers pizza atop a parma and it is bloody sensational.
So now you're ruining 2 classics!
Why don't you ask them to wrap it in pizza dough and have yourself a meat lovers Parma calzone!

I'll give you that one but the double cheese and peanut butter one that Google brought up is indefensible!
Double cheese and peanut butter?
I know someone that would defend it

It's a bit like the 'Breust is s**t now' debate. All the stats in the world don't make up for the fact that it was obviously Breust's (or Frawley's, or Birchall's or Stratton's depending on which player is being cast asunder) fault that we played so badly in the first 1/3 of the season last year.

It didn't stop you dumping on Gus.

Here is my take on your Orwellian views of everything Hawthorn:
Gibson is a legend of the club - reality he spent the last two seasons impersonating a footballer, an inanimate carbon rod would have provided more value; Breust was stellar last season - reality it proved how reliant on Rioli he is to to create in the forward half which has been bumping his goal tally by anywhere between 10 - 20 goals a season;
Frawley is silky skilled with sublime ability of both sides of his body so much so that sometimes when I see him play I think I am watching Burgoyne - reality looks like he is channelling the worse of Johnny Hay (cue the Benny Hill music when he has the ball in hand) and is significant liability and has been from day dot when he landed at Hawthorn. It is not as if the club had no fore-warning given he was no great shake in the skills department when he was at Melbourne, hence the hilarity in it providing the defacto priority pick.
The moderators on this board are super knowledgeable and the best on Bigfooty. I find myself frequently amazed by their uncanny insights and how they always seem to be on the same page of the hymn book - reality my role is to sycophantically agree with everything the moderators put forward as acceptable conversation and to join in with the sledging of anyone that disagrees with this. Anyone that provides critical analysis of any Hawthorn footballer is not welcome on my board.

Bad Parma?
Easy.

Any of the wanky "themed" Parmas are guaranteed to be shite...

Aussie parma with egg bacon & beetroot :thumbsdown:
Hawaiian parma with pineapple :thumbsdown:
BBQ sauce instead of Napoli :thumbsdown:
Surf n poultry with prawns :thumbsdown:
The list goes on and on, just google it... :sick::sick::sick:

Jesus_PaintingNEW_293150090.jpeg

Prefer shnitzel, gravy and chips !!

Chicken_schnitzel_and_chips_with_jaeger_gravy.jpg

I’m just catching up here and am confused as to why some are writing off Frawley and saying he’s got too many injury issues. Played 22 games in 2016, 18 in 2015 and 21 in 2014. Just because he didn’t play many games last year? Give me a spell. Do you write off every player who has one unlucky year on the injury front?

Gibson is a legend of the club - reality he spent the last two seasons impersonating a footballer, an inanimate carbon rod would have provided more value; Breust was stellar last season - reality it proved how reliant on Rioli he is to to create in the forward half which has been bumping his goal tally by anywhere between 10 - 20 goals a season;
Frawley is silky skilled with sublime ability of both sides of his body so much so that sometimes when I see him play I think I am watching Burgoyne - reality looks like he is channelling the worse of Johnny Hay (cue the Benny Hill music when he has the ball in hand) and is significant liability and has been from day dot when he landed at Hawthorn. It is not as if the club had no fore-warning given he was no great shake in the skills department when he was at Melbourne, hence the hilarity in it providing the defacto priority pick.
The moderators on this board are super knowledgeable and the best on Bigfooty. I find myself frequently amazed by their uncanny insights and how they always seem to be on the same page of the hymn book - reality my role is to sycophantically agree with everything the moderators put forward as acceptable conversation and to join in with the sledging of anyone that disagrees with this. Anyone that provides critical analysis of any Hawthorn footballer is not welcome on my board.

More reality - Breust is a 3 time premiership player who has already kicked over 300 goals, has a long term contract and will, barring injury, likely finish up at least as a 250 game player, possibly 300. Angus Litherland plays in the WAFL.

And as I’ve stated numerous times - our entire forward line was starved of delivery in 2017 and apparently Breust is terrible because he *only* managed 33 goals in a year where most of the time he was probably the second best forward and as such attracting more attention from defenders even if the ball did happen to find its way inside our 50. But yeah, it’s all Breust just being s**t - can’t possibly be that the team was down on form, down on delivery and overall kicked significantly less goals than the 5 years prior. Nah, Breust sucks - better delist and get him in the WAFL where he can kick goals on that hall of fame caliber player Litherland.

And your bizarre Gibson hatred rears its head again. What did Gibbo ever do to you? You aren’t some supreme independent thinker for constantly shitting on Gibbo’s entire legacy at the Hawks, you’re just a bitter campaigner.

I’ll happily agree that Gibson’s 2017 was less than stellar and a poor way for him to end his career. If you find last year’s Gibbo thread you’ll find I was in the minority of posters calling for him to be dropped. Your claims of his poor 2016 are absolute crap though, and the stats back that up. Also not sure how Gibson, a 3 time premiership player, 2 time B+F winner, life member and crucial member of each of those premiership sides isn’t a legend of the club - but I’m sure you have some twisted methodology to prove your theory - so have fun with that.

Last edited:
The moderators on this board are super knowledgeable and the best on Bigfooty. I find myself frequently amazed by their uncanny insights
Why thank you

I miss Dixie Flatline’s BH reports

(They were awesome)

:(

For all the negativity around Frawley, the bloke has an exceptional record on the 2 best forwards in the game. Franklin & Kennedy. The job Chip did on Kennedy in the ‘15 GF was nothing short of giving somebody a bath. He destroyed him.
Since Chip has come to Hawthorn he’s also kept Buddy goalless once and kept him to 2 or less 3 times I believe.

Pretty happy with old Chippa, he’s not there to get metres gained or be at 100% disposal efficiency, he’s there to keep his opponent quiet.

He’s a full back mate! You’re losing the plot.

Since when is Mtrs gained a requirement for a key defender? His job is to stop the best opposition forwards. Please name the bags he has had kicked on him since crossing over from Melbourne.

What I am getting at is he is poor by foot, anyone from suburban footy can hit up a 15-20 mtr kick. You can't take DE% as a fact that Chip is a good user of footy, let's see his KE% and meters gained, then you can look at how well he uses the footy.

Yeah, you are correct, a key defenders first job is to stop their opponent but as you are aware the game has evolved and they are required to do so much more. I don't have confidence in him, I think he is a poor defender, he is a poor kick and not big enough or good enough to contain the bigger and better key forwards.

For all the negativity around Frawley, the bloke has an exceptional record on the 2 best forwards in the game. Franklin & Kennedy. The job Chip did on Kennedy in the ‘15 GF was nothing short of giving somebody a bath. He destroyed him.
Since Chip has come to Hawthorn he’s also kept Buddy goalless once and kept him to 2 or less 3 times I believe.

Pretty happy with old Chippa, he’s not there to get metres gained or be at 100% disposal efficiency, he’s there to keep his opponent quiet.

He was brilliant that day, helped that the Eagles only had 40 inside 50s but I agree he was great.

LOL Brilliant.. Whilst I don't inherently agree with everything you have said (mainly the Gibbo part) I do agree on most other points, however your critical analysis will be shamed and berated by the ever powerful and accomplished BF mafia ;)

PS. Didn't rate Johnny Hay? I always liked him, something about he and Croady together, kinda always pictured those 2 out on the town doing copious amounts of damage

I’m just catching up here and am confused as to why some are writing off Frawley and saying he’s got too many injury issues. Played 22 games in 2016, 18 in 2015 and 21 in 2014. Just because he didn’t play many games last year? Give me a spell. Do you write off every player who has one unlucky year on the injury front?
Obviously the coaches rate his value to the side if he is getting that many games.

With the departure of Hodge and Gibbo i reckon he's going to relish his role as one of our prime leaders down back. Missing half last year he'll be raring to go and and am anticipating he'll have his best year for Hawthorn.

Back