Review Hawthorn v Cats - match sim - Thursday 23rd Feb, GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

but again this has nothing to do with what I'm saying. You're just telling me that Jack is a better player than Frost and DGB. I don't necessarily disagree. But a less talented player can be more conducive to winning if their strengths suit a gameplan or their weaknesses are easily hidden.

I'm not saying anything about the players skill or even whether I agree. It's just that, what I've read and seen from the club, this pre season, suggests Scrim is fighting for his spot. That's literally it mate

I’ll be even more clear. I believe Jack is amongst our top 10-15 most naturally skillful players. I don’t think Jack should be in our best 22 at this point.

I don't believe blow-outs are instructive to a team, so I reckon supporters have every right to be pissed off if they happen regardless of youth and inexperience.
Well there might be a few in season. I have steeled myself for them

He isn’t taking contested marks against the bloke who is theoretically his direct opponent.

In fact he only took 19 contested marks (0.9 per game). If you’re only pulling out your best weapon 19 times a season, maybe it’s time to re-think how often you roll off to float across?

Opposition teams know that a good path to goals is through Scrimshaw’s opponent because there’s a good chance he will be standing in space a lot more than the other 5 players.

Sicily racks up 20+ because Blanck / Frost dink kick it to him as one of our designated kicks from the back half when we get control.
More than a third of Sicily's possessions are intercept possessions.

And we have a clubhouse leader!

Going to take some extreme stupidity to catch this bloke this season.

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I didn’t say that was the only reason. You have to agree the team are instructed to get the ball in his hands as often as possible.

As above, I didn’t say that’s the only reason. Coaches want Sicily kicking the ball as often as possible.
2022 - Ranking amongst key defenders, the 27-year-old is number one in player ratings, disposals, uncontested possessions, metres gained, marks, rebound 50s, inside 50s and score involvements as well as second in intercept possessions.

He was the premier defender last season and your statement will receive the derision and disdain that it deserves.

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well that's certainly a different approach I will give you that.

Call me crazy but I like to have our best players, you know, playing

I’d prefer that too. But it’s not the 1980s any more. Systems are more important than individuals. While Scrim is a great player. He’s not good enough to get games solely based on talent as opposed to a Dusty, etc.

If he doesn’t do his role within the system well enough (BNF results indicate that despite what looks like impressive play he didn’t get a lot of kudos from coaches) then he won’t play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe blow-outs are instructive to a team, so I reckon supporters have every right to be pissed off if they happen regardless of youth and inexperience.
There's blowouts and blow outs. If you can keep a hammering to 10 goals and see improvement I can live with that. But I agree that 100 point loses don't help a team and having been in media circles that's when senior coaches start to come under pressure

Interesting that what's his name on Hawks Insiders said Finn and Worpel were the two worst performed midfielders.

I had Day, Newcombe and Ward as clearly the best mids for us with Finn not far behind. Thought the rest were disappointing aside from Long and Hustwaite who only had short cameos.

Interesting that what's his name on Hawks Insiders said Finn and Worpel were the two worst performed midfielders.

I had Day, Newcombe and Ward as clearly the best mids for us with Finn not far behind. Thought the rest were disappointing aside from Long and Hustwaite who only had short cameos.
I’m not convinced people in the media watch games they don’t commentate. I’m not sure their opinion is worth much generally. But I guess it is something to talk about 😂

I’m not convinced people in the media watch games they don’t commentate. I’m not sure their opinion is worth much generally. But I guess it is something to talk about 😂

Well this is a Hawks nuffie from a Hawthorn centric podcast who drove down and watched it live. I was pretty surprised to hear anything negative about Finn because on TV he looked confident, composed and had better skill by foot than we've come to expect from him.

Hawks Insiders gives a platform for Bradkli so I steer clear of it. HawkTalk Pod or bust imo.

I enjoy hawks insiders but one of the blokes on there is absolutely clueless….can’t think of his name either so we are probably talking about the same bloke. Last time i heard him he went on a long rant why Sicily shouldn’t be captain. Kept referring to incidents that happened 5 or more years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I enjoy hawks insiders but one of the blokes on there is absolutely clueless….can’t think of his name either so we are probably talking about the same bloke. Last time i heard him he went on a long rant why Sicily shouldn’t be captain. Kept referring to incidents that happened 5 or more years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That would be Bradkli.

he knew 9 years ago that everything was going haywire but "the threepeat just papered over the cracks" (actual quote, I s**t you not)

That would be Bradkli.

he knew 9 years ago that everything was going haywire but "the threepeat just papered over the cracks" (actual quote, I s**t you not)
A Bradkli main board classic. If I recall correctly he was cuddling up to a Geelong poster at the time.

That would be Bradkli.

Yes I have a screen shot of it somewhere on an external hard drive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back