Autopsy Hawthorn v Collingwood - Practice match - Thursday 2nd March, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

MacKenzie? Any chance his reported corky wasn’t too bad?
Hope so- keen to get a look at Mackenzie… thinking maybe he was a little sore and they were just preemptively resting him in the 1st praccy as he will have a big workload this season for a rookie…

So….I have collated the feedback from our last match and have comiled a list of outs and ins.

Out: Worpel, scrimshaw, frost, Sicily, Kosi, jeka, Meeks, reeves.

In: Ramsden, dgb, stephens, brockman, lynch, O’Sullivan.

Discuss 😉
Pretty much everyone who played the early match sim should play again. Though with Breust, Mackenzie, Stephens and CJ to probably play, we ought to leave some younger guys out.

Has to be a proper “best available team” with those in doubt given every chance to stake their claim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrespective of who gets chosen to play against the Pies, we need to see some better shape behind the ball and then better use of the ball when we have it. Oh and purpose with the game plan because it looked a little broken.

We can’t really afford to head into Round 1 with two 12+ goal beltings with a young side

We need to see some cohesion

Side I’d like to see
Hardwick Blanck Frost
CJ Sicily Impey
Amon Newk Day
Butler Jeka Moore
Wingard Kosi Greene
Meek Ward Maginness
Reeves CMac DGB Breust
Sun: Stephens/Mackenzie

Worpel just isn’t at the level he needs a run of games at box hill to get confidence in what he can do he’s being shown up right now against top line afl. I don’t rate Bramble very highly like others seem to, I think he is a bit soft and his disposal is overrated. Scrimshaw was terrible needs a jolt to improve his disposal and attitude. Nash always been fringe for me good depth but will quickly be overtaken by the top end talent we are bringing in. Weddle and hustwaite need time at box hill to develop but I’m optimistic on both.

Can't see Stephens playing unfortunately. Can see the club being ultra cautious with him as we did with Ward last year (his management and Lynch post concussion was A1 IMO)
I think that was more around both players failing the concussion protocols rather than us being ultra cautious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back