General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should start a thread on the main board or Polls board ; who is the Best Jetta in the AFL.

Lewis, Neville or the other one that used to play?

The answer is Nev

Just start a Neville Jetta appreciation thread.

I see we've changed the board tagline from the Jim Stynes message.

Can we please change it again to reflect our AFLX flag.

"2018 Etihad Stadium AFLX Championships: World Champions."
Did we get a flag?

Gary Ableet jnr in doubt for round 1 with a hamstring injury

I hope he misses. I still have nightmares of this, the most depressing start I can remember to a Dees game which is saying something considering the last decade.

I hope he misses. I still have nightmares of this, the most depressing start I can remember to a Dees game which is saying something considering the last decade.

He paid it forward though

jso98.gif

I don't actually remember Ablett dominating us too much over the years, so I checked the stats and he actually has a pretty poor record against us all things considered. He's only averaged 23.5 disposals a game against us (which is his third worst record against any team - he only has a lower average vs the two Adelaide teams) and he only has a higher clanger count against three other teams. On the flip side, he's beaten Melbourne more than he's beaten any other team (14 times) but that's probably true for most players in the league given our record over the past decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had $50 on the first score of the game being a Melbourne score.

I expected my bet to go for longer than 9 seconds

Just saw the incident Oliver got fined for. **** me this league is becoming a joke.

Check out @7AFL’s Tweet:
What the *

Also, could we afford to throw $800k to get Andrew Gaff as a free agent? Slots straight into our side on a wing and hugely improves our (relatively) weaker outside game. Makes us a huge chance in 2019.

I assume our salary cap is pretty stretched, but you also have Lewis and Vince leaving soon...

What the ****

Also, could we afford to throw $800k to get Andrew Gaff as a free agent? Slots straight into our side on a wing and hugely improves our (relatively) weaker outside game. Makes us a huge chance in 2019.

I assume our salary cap is pretty stretched, but you also have Lewis and Vince leaving soon...
I've been thinking the same thing about Gaff, would just about complete our list. How much he'll cost is going to be the issue, with clubs other clubs able to offer more, but if we play finals and win one or two this year, he might be willing to make a bit less to come home for a better chance at success.

Gaff is a waste of money I reckon. Way too simplistic to think one outside player will magically change our list and we have ANB playing the role already. If we took Gaff for that sort of Money we are for sure losing someone out the other side. We already have Hunt pushing further forward and Salem and ANB both doing jobs up the field. Gaff isn't quick he's just a hard worker who stays outside. We have plenty on the list who can do that job

Hunt went at 80% DE on Saturday which is a good sign. Only 7 kicks but he has zero changers, hopefully a sign that he’s smartened up about dump kicking down the line (even though I think the negative impact of this was overstated on this board)

Hunt went at 80% DE on Saturday which is a good sign. Only 7 kicks but he has zero changers, hopefully a sign that he’s smartened up about dump kicking down the line (even though I think the negative impact of this was overstated on this board)

It makes a huge difference with his game. Teams invite you to dump kick it down the line with their zones and can then counter attack from it. By breaking the lines then hitting someone up it increases our chances of scoring. He did a brilliant bit of play in the first where he burst from half back though about going long and then checked and chipped inside. We ended up scoring from that play. Nothing wrong with a long kick to a 1 on 1 but that's pretty rare these days

“It’s really exciting. It’s good to get in the ‘Heartland’ and get around all of the schools and help them out a bit,” he said.
“We did a ‘Read Like a Demon’ session at Casey, so we showed the kids that we’re not just footballers and we can actually read and do other stuff. We also ran a clinic, which was good fun.

Coming soon: the Jayden Hunt Centre for Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-02-27/best-22-a-touch-decision-hunt

It makes a huge difference with his game. Teams invite you to dump kick it down the line with their zones and can then counter attack from it. By breaking the lines then hitting someone up it increases our chances of scoring. He did a brilliant bit of play in the first where he burst from half back though about going long and then checked and chipped inside. We ended up scoring from that play. Nothing wrong with a long kick to a 1 on 1 but that's pretty rare these days
Yeah but half of Hunt's dump kicking down the line was putting us in a better position even in spite of the turnover (ie there was an 80% chance of the opposition scoring before he won it and booted it 60m away, post-turnover there's only a 60% chance). I agree that this is an improvement, but it's not like his dump kicking was as bad as Tyson's or OMac's

Yeah but half of Hunt's dump kicking down the line was putting us in a better position even in spite of the turnover (ie there was an 80% chance of the opposition scoring before he won it and booted it 60m away, post-turnover there's only a 60% chance). I agree that this is an improvement, but it's not like his dump kicking was as bad as Tyson's or OMac's

It wasn't so much harmful as it wasn't as efficient as it could be. Kinda like saying Oliver should never kick because his handballs more often than not win a clearance, whilst sometimes it's good if Oliver kicks more we and He can be better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back