Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a chill out round. I meant the song was inappropriate . Not the round.
Fair enough . I nominated it because:
-I first heard that song in the mid 90s and truly found it easy listening as a kid (before knowing what it meant)
-grew to love the song so was waiting for the opportunity to nom it (before anyone else!)
-even now as an adult (and knowing the darker background behind the song), it ironically still helps me chill out because it makes me grateful for what I have
(And honestly, I considered your theme a free for all, of sorts )

Fair enough . I nominated it because:
-I first heard that song in the mid 90s and truly found it easy listening as a kid (before knowing what it meant)
-grew to love the song so was waiting for the opportunity to nom it (before anyone else!)
-even now as an adult (and knowing the darker background behind the song), it ironically still helps me chill out because it makes me grateful for what I have
(And honestly, I considered your theme a free for all, of sorts )

I should have LWDQed yo ass.

That would be 5 from me cos memories
My fondest memory of wannabe is hearing it all the time and loving the * out of the song yet thinking the title was "be my lover" - also having no idea who sang it.

Anyway, come Xmas day I received a cassette tape with the "hottest songs of the year" I was very disappointed to not have this song. Then I thought "* it", played it and the absolute joy when I heard the first song on the tape was this one - my pimply thirteen year old self was beside myself.

My fondest memory of wannabe is hearing it all the time and loving the **** out of the song yet thinking the title was "be my lover" - also having no idea who sang it.

Anyway, come Xmas day I received a cassette tape with the "hottest songs of the year" I was very disappointed to not have this song. Then I thought "**** it", played it and the absolute joy when I heard the first song on the tape was this one - my pimply thirteen year old self was beside myself.
But this in the embarrassing stories thread :p:p

My fondest memory of wannabe is hearing it all the time and loving the **** out of the song yet thinking the title was "be my lover" - also having no idea who sang it.

Anyway, come Xmas day I received a cassette tape with the "hottest songs of the year" I was very disappointed to not have this song. Then I thought "**** it", played it and the absolute joy when I heard the first song on the tape was this one - my pimply thirteen year old self was beside myself.

Spices Girls played the closing ceremony in London and my wife was a part. She got to hang out with Davuid Beckham and the family during rehearsals.

Unsurprising. David = nice. Victoria = bitch.

Boted

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 5-4-3-2-1-BM voting system is one of the pillars of the Song Contest.
Changing that would be like the AFL making goals worth 9 points and behinds worth 2 points

I encourage people to include a few Honourable Mentions when they PM me their votes
I'll record HM's in a separate column and list those when I post the Results

At this point I don't even have 5 shortlisted HAHAHA.
MWPP and I will listen to the rest tonight so hopefully I'll have some HMs for ya ;)

Boted.

I overlooked my 5 first time around but it's a ******* classic.

Rest of the votes were easy. So many forgettable songs.
When votes are released I'm going to be thinking 'was that song really in the list', it got more votes than me?' and 'you're all campaigners'.

Boted.

I overlooked my 5 first time around but it's a ******* classic.

Rest of the votes were easy. So many forgettable songs.
When votes are released I'm going to be thinking 'was that song really in the list', it got more votes than me?' and 'you're all campaigners'.
I shortlisted 18 but about seven of them I've heard before.

Boo was that three second song a legit nom? I would have rejected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back