Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips For Getting Through A Forty Plus Playlist In 72 Hours

1. Open YouTube link and hit play.

2. Refrain from contributing to the fifteen pages of mindless, puerile drivel and complaints about playlist length that get posted in the first two hours after noms have been released.

3. Do some housework or something while it's on. It helps you appreciate both a lot more.

4. Put your feet up with a cold beer after it's done.

5. Enjoy the rest of your weekend SC free and binge watch "Steamed Hams" dubs

You must have it on shuffle.

I dont hate anything but most aren't as good as the jam I'm currently listening to.
You're welcome.

You must have it on shuffle.

I dont hate anything but most aren't as good as the jam I'm currently listening to.
Nope - I always listen top to bottom. I tandem listened with MWPP haha and we give each other running commentary on our thoughts.
She has more songs on her shortlist than me. More songs on there pertaining to her style.

Nope - I always listen top to bottom. I tandem listened with MWPP haha and we give each other running commentary on our thoughts.
She has more songs on her shortlist than me. More songs on there pertaining to her style.

I expect donuts so not worried. I nommed it for my enjoyment and just to see if there is anyone else that appreciates it.

Yeah you do tend to listen in order
I’m far more likely to listen out of order than you are
But even then - we don’t shuffle!

I’m glad we ended up listening in order this time (despite the temptation to either skip ahead within a song, or skip a song altogether before coming back to it at the end )

Tandem listening is so fun :)
Highly recommend this approach to others
I also recommend listening in chunks
Especially applicable to the *list is too long* brigade

What music does , good music, is transport you back to a place that evokes so many memories.

I am currently inside a cinema looking up at a screen and saying to my 15 yr old self 'Oh boy Oh boy this is so rad'

What music does , good music, is transport you back to a place that evokes so many memories.

I am currently inside a cinema looking up at a screen and saying to my 15 yr old self 'Oh boy Oh boy this is so rad'
Are you actually at a cinema? What are you watching?

Turn your phone off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1987 brought us:
The Joshua Tree
Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian
Tiffany - I think we're alone now

My fave 1987 song. I actually rang in and suggested this during a Js 1987 special. Richard Kingsmill agreed with me and put it straight on the air.

Considered nominating the spice girls
But decided against it
As I said earlier though , I would’ve given the spice girls votes if someone else had nominated them

Last edited:
One of my favourite songs of all time
I have already nominated it twice in my relatively short time in the competition

I remember. Once in a quite inappropriate round I hosted.

You hosted a domestic violence round? That is inappropriate!

I think it was a chill out round. I meant the song was inappropriate . Not the round.

Considered nominating the spice girls
But decided against it
As I said earlier though , I would’ve given the spice girls votes if someone else had nominated them
That would be 5 from me cos memories

Almost need Eurovision voting for a playlist this long.
The 5-4-3-2-1-BM voting system is one of the pillars of the Song Contest.
Changing that would be like the AFL making goals worth 9 points and behinds worth 2 points

I encourage people to include a few Honourable Mentions when they PM me their votes
I'll record HM's in a separate column and list those when I post the Results

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back