List Mgmt. Carlton's 2018 Draft Thread (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post one was the deal from my memory.

From post 2 onwards I was arguing it was [3 and 16] for [2 and a bunch of later picks] (the actual trade for pick two in isolation) as opposed to Arrow arguing it was 7, McCarthy and 16 for 2 (all trades done by the Giants in totality over that trade period).

You really didn't see that?

You might want to go back and have another read before you call someone out for doing something they didn't do.

You'll get there eventually.
Just found post 2...

You’re missing the 3 they handed over to get 2.

They effectively traded out picks 3, 7, 16, 34, 72 and Mcarthy for picks 2, 31, 51 and 60.

I’ll ignore the later picks as they roughly even out, and I’ll also ignore McCarthy so it was picks 3, 7 and 16 for pick 2!

Can you point me to the post where you corrected yourself and admitted you remembered it wrong?

Is it not expressly inferred from the 30 odd posts I made afterwards where I clearly stated (repeatedly and forcefully) it was picks [3 and 16]for 2 and not [7, McCarthy and 16 for 2]?

Arrow and I haven't been arguing whether it was 3 and 7 and McCarthy and 16 for pick 2 (or not). The argument for the last few hours is being whether it was 3 and 16 or 7, McCarthy and 16 for pick 2.

For the avoidance of any doubt going forwards I expressly repudiate my earlier memory that it was 3 and 7 and 16. Like I have been arguing for the past hour or two in my view it was 3 and 16 for 2. Arrow holds a more holistic view of the entire trade period.

Just found post 2...

Great now look at the next 50 posts.

I thought it was fairly clear from those 50 posts I refined my argument to be picks 3 and 16 for 2 as opposed to Arrows arguments of picks 7, McCarthy and 16 for 2.

We haven't been arguing about what you think we've been arguing about. And in any event we stopped arguing about it.

Again my argument has been that GWS traded 3 and 16 for pick 2 and a bunch of later picks. Arrow has been arguing it was 7, McCarthy and 16 for pick two. For your sake and as you didn't quite follow the entire argument I expressly repudiate and retract a statement made initially that it was picks 3, 7 and 16. I thought that was fairly clear because I dropped the 7 from my argument quite some time ago.

I can't blame you for being annoyed at me. I've already proven you wrong 3 times this month :D

therein lies your MO. I’m wrong a lot. Not a problem and no issue if someone proves me wrong and I try and respect others opinions. I’m about discussing Carlton with Carlton supporters. I enjoy that

You’re purely about being right or wrong and getting one up on posters

Your above attack on Prince Charles is a classic example and unnecessary

Last edited:
You rate him that highly?

Man I am totally on the Rankine bandwagon but the more I hear about Lukosis the more I get seduced by groupthink.

What makes you rate him so high?
Runs on the board. For too long we’ve gone the kid inthe TAC cup that has exposure v 17/18 year olds but lukosius has been playing seniors against men in the toughest spot to play he’s still lacking size and he’s proven he can play without the zoning regulations in the TAC cup. Players like max and Ben king get 1 on 1 ones but lukosius gets third man ups and loose defenders in front and crowded spaces against mature bodies. Players like SPP enter the afl ready for afl level players and systems. To an extent rozzee and rankine have hadexposure at this level too. It would be nice to see some of our vic kids getting games at vfl level I suppose that’s the purpose of the 23rd man.

therein lies your MO. I’m wrong a lot. Not a problem and no issue if someone proves me wrong. I’m about discussing Carlton with Carlton supporters. I enjoy that

You’re purely about being right or wrong and getting one up on posters

Your above attack on Prince Charles is a classic example and unnecessary

About as necessary as him calling me obnoxious and saying I don't need qualifications to post on here?

Keep cherry picking it's fine by me.

And I'm not about right v wrong at all. Lol. When I'm wrong I admit it. Just like I did re Levi in the Pies game for example. Or not being so strongly on the side of drafting the best mid after reading Arr0w's views on Lukosius.

The problem is you bragged about blocking me after a harmless discussion about whether McKay was ready for AFL or not.

Anyway, I'm not interested in having these tit-for-tat posts with you any longer.

Last edited:
I would stay away from the King twins. From what I've seen they're good marks but are average kicks. Ben is more of an intercept defender which we already have and max looks good, but he's generally matched up against guys who are 10cm shorter than him.

Lukocious for me (as long as he's ok leaving sa) or a mid.

The problem is you bragged about blocking me after a harmless discussion about whether McKay was ready for AFL or not..

Problem? PLEASE show me where I bragged about blocking you. C'mon BF, if you make an accusation at least back it up with some proof. You need to ease up and stop blaming everyone else

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would stay away from the King twins. From what I've seen they're good marks but are average kicks. Ben is more of an intercept defender which we already have and max looks good, but he's generally matched up against guys who are 10cm shorter than him.

I can't decide between Luko, Rankine or Walsh. I think at the moment i'm leaning towards Luko, with Walsh not that far behind him.

7 goals from Ben, not bad for an intercept defender

See above.

Rankine is best played as a HFF, who can push up the ground and into the midfield. He kicks goals, or sets them up by winning the contested ball, dancing through packs of players, and getting the ball forward with elite speed and confidence.

A goals a goal. I don't care if it's a tall forward or HFF kicking them and setting them up.

I may change my opinion come seasons end and have Lukosis
(or maybe even someone else)
edge out Rankine. I admit I am being swayed by the weight of opinion on Lukosis over on the D and T boards, and he's much closer to Rankine in my ratings now than he was a few months ago.

Its going to be a long year comparing them... And for what its worth i dont think we will finish last and have the #1 pick so it might not even matter.

But looking at Lukocios v Rankine, if both reach the absolute peak of where we currently expect they could reach then you have Nick Riewoldt & Dustin Martin.. Right now if you could have only one of these players at there peak who do you take?? For me its Dusty.. But would happily have Roo.

All be good but I have no doubt a couple more will be in the mix come end of season. Some real talent out there

Sure is.
Nice to have faith in SOS that he will choose the right one.
Cannot wait for the champs this year.

Gold Coast will be the appealing ones if they lose Tom Lynch and get band 1 compensation. Pick 1 for 5 & 6 looks a fair trade even if some loose change needs to be thrown in to make it work.

In what universe does trading #1 actually look like a good idea ??

Have a serious read of the draft bios & expert comments that are starting to pop up, this Lukosius chap is clearly a one-off that just cannot be overlooked. He's not doing it against other U/18 players either, he is already playing SANFL seniors and doing really well.

When was the only time a club traded #1 ?? It was way back in 2001 (?) when Freo did the trade for Croad & McPharlin from the Hawks, at the draft Luke Hodge got taken with that pick and we all know how that played out.

How did we go the last time we traded our first round pick ?? #7 for Whiley, Jacksh & #19 saw us miss out on Peter Wright who right now would be a huge bonus in our forwardline.

All of the clubs know now how good this upcoming draft pool is, it's not like there is some secret info out there. The clubs who will have the high end draft picks will be the clubs who are in genuine need of serious talent so they will not be trading away any first-round picks unless there is a completely ridiculous offer made (eg. two decent young players & three other draft picks in the top 20).

If we have #1, we will be grabbing Lukosius, anything less than that is sheer madness.

In what universe does trading #1 actually look like a good idea ??

Have a serious read of the draft bios & expert comments that are starting to pop up, this Lukosius chap is clearly a one-off that just cannot be overlooked. He's not doing it against other U/18 players either, he is already playing SANFL seniors and doing really well.

When was the only time a club traded #1 ?? It was way back in 2001 (?) when Freo did the trade for Croad & McPharlin from the Hawks, at the draft Luke Hodge got taken with that pick and we all know how that played out.

How did we go the last time we traded our first round pick ?? #7 for Whiley, Jacksh & #19 saw us miss out on Peter Wright who right now would be a huge bonus in our forwardline.

All of the clubs know now how good this upcoming draft pool is, it's not like there is some secret info out there. The clubs who will have the high end draft picks will be the clubs who are in genuine need of serious talent so they will not be trading away any first-round picks unless there is a completely ridiculous offer made (eg. two decent young players & three other draft picks in the top 20).

If we have #1, we will be grabbing Lukosius, anything less than that is sheer madness.

I am a HUGE fan of Lukosius, but there is always a price where you would consider a deal.

You don't go out looking to trade pick 1, but if a desperate team comes knocking with an offer too good to refuse, you listen, then squeeze their arm further, then listen some more....

Shane Nelson for West Perth
47 disposals . 24 yo.

Not very big but Faster than graham, better skills than Kerridge. Brave and an elite runner. Would be a terrific example in hard work for a young midfield in the magoos and could pinch hit in the firsts if needed.

Meanwhile we have loaded up with 3 delisted HBF spuds .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back