Roast Today's crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointing crowd below 18,000.

Is Saturday 2 p.m. not a time people enjoy anymore ? Must admit l rarely attend twilight Sunday's, but today was perfectly set up especially after our win last week.

It's crowds like these are why the AFL begs us to be folded or moved.

North supporters just don't go to games.

Then again who would wanna sit near Port fans, * they were obnoxious hearing them on the broadcast.

I sat level 2 back pocket with a fair few around us.. However we need to start getting our drafting and recruiting right which hopefully will help bring some big names to the club and help bump up the crowds somewhat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's crowds like these are why the AFL begs us to be folded or moved.

North supporters just don't go to games.

Then again who would wanna sit near Port fans, **** they were obnoxious hearing them on the broadcast.[/

It saddens me. I worry all the time about our future. Also I don’t like Etihad. Seriously designed badly that you can’t have roof open on a beautiful day.

We haven't done anything to encourage an attending culture, we have made it harder by shipping games elsewhere. For a club our size, we have pretty good ratings which reinforces we have been given the rugby type treatment where the majority of the games are on pay-tv and it has become a lot harder for our supporters to be actively engaged with the club.

It hasn't helped that the media put the boot into us all pre-season and we are inconsistent as *, the vast majority of any supporter base is fair weather and it is hard to predict when the sun will shine these days.

I think the AFL should at least replay all the games in the home state once FTA, it still gives Foxtel the live access appeal but I have a feeling that we are having a hard time engaging with the supporter base.

I don't think our club has even bothered to try and investigate why people don't go to games, they obviously know which members aren't rocking up, you would think it was an important part of your business model and you would ask those who were at least paying for access and not showing up why they were doing so.

This dialogue has been going on since the mid 90s. Since suburban grounds were eliminated it has been a constant measuring stick. We are a small club with a small following. Only in Australia is 17, 000 crowd considered poor and a talking point.
Scheduling, opposition fan numbers, and a teams performance are continued and boring discussions regarding attendance numbers.
Sustaining membership growth is probably more important. Give me 80k members and a 10k attendance any day.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

We like all clubs have rusted-ons that will go every week, we just don't have as many. Until we are a genuinely good side again, and the fickle supporter decides it is time to come, these poor crowds will remain. Personally, we filled our 7x L2 reserved seats so there isn't much more I can do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We have a fairly ironed on mob where we sit level 2 who are there 90% of the time. Do the usual " g'day, whadda reckon today, Burton shoudda got weeks " type conversation. But jeez, none of them there yesterday. Have a feeling we will be completely outnumbered Mothers day even counting a 1.10 start.
Maybe tide has changed and people prefer a 3.20 - 4.10 start. Was thinking would have been a beautiful afternoon at an empty MCG yesterday, crowd would have looked even worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back