In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

3 gamer for me unfortunately due to work and my own footy commitments.

37 bucks a game is way cheaper than GA, not a huge investment and at least it helps the club and myself both get what we want :moustache:
Already spent $200+ on 2 games, that savings will buy me and extra full strength pint and a nice Steak in Perth before the game, see ya there mate.

Got my Flexi offer just now, my instincts straight up tell me to jump on the 5 game membership, particularly if that amounts to $34 per game.

Anything i should know before i commit to this fellas?
Is it a dud deal? Any others that have purchased it and don't like it? What does this do to your waitlist position?

Not obsessed, just a fan.

The whole "just rock up and scan your card then walk up to the GA area" is a bit strange for me personally. Surely that means everyone runs straight to blocks 502 or 509 to get the best seats as close to the wing as possible right?

I'll probably only go for the 1 in demand game on the 20/05, as my missus is a Richmond supporter and clearly a halfwit.
Myself and my wife took up the five membership when we got the offer and love it. 5 games is about perfect for us anyway as we both work every sunday so cant make it to those games. Good value i reckon.

Is that how the 3-5 game memberships work? I got an 11 game membership in 510 right on the edge of 509 and I bought my daughter a ticket to the GC game (which allowed me to buy the seat just across the aisle in 509 from my seat), so I know it's possible to buy specific seats in that section (and the others that are in the GA area).
Gold Coast game (and the other two home games so far) were different though as they were fully reserved meaning you had to book a seat even if you have a flexi membership (couldnt scan into the game with your card). Normal games will be just first in best dressed in regards to getting good seats once you enter the ground.

Gold Coast game (and the other two home games so far) were different though as they were fully reserved meaning you had to book a seat even if you have a flexi membership (couldnt scan into the game with your card). Normal games will be just first in best dressed in regards to getting good seats once you enter the ground.

If Gold Coast doesn't count as a "normal game", who would? There wouldn't have been more than around 100 away fans.

I assume you can book a seat for free with your flexi membership as long as you're under the games limit?

If Gold Coast doesn't count as a "normal game", who would? There wouldn't have been more than around 100 away fans.

I assume you can book a seat for free with your flexi membership as long as you're under the games limit?
I think they were expecting a big crowd because it was a Saturday night game but if I'm not mistaken it was our lowest so far?

I think it was because it was only the third game at the stadium plus it was the first saturday night game. Gold Coast games will never be fully reserved again i would think

Under 52k so yeah...easily the lowest crowd. Sydney was around 53.5k and Geelong was around 55.5k.

The Saturday night thing makes sense though.
Be interesting to see how it turns out for the rest of the season. If we get bigger crowds on Sunday we might end up with the late Sunday arvo slot even more often next season which would suck.

3 gamer for me unfortunately due to work and my own footy commitments.

37 bucks a game is way cheaper than GA, not a huge investment and at least it helps the club and myself both get what we want :moustache:
Just a further comment on this, We ****ing Deserve IT!! We've been loyal and paid our dues for a couple of stickers.
Thankyou West Coast for our just desserts.

So, according to nisbett on SEN,
we asked for. 60-80k stadium and freo 50-60.

That's interesting. I still think 70-80k would have been nice. With West Coast we'd just sell out our full allocation as 11game memberships. I think our demand for 11game members is much higher than walk ups (given the difficulty of getting a seat in the past). I also think it would have been nice if they did 3/5 game full reserved memberships on a block in the wing (in this case the games would have been pre-selected). Would be more work but kinda cool.

So how does it work, do you just take your 'barcode' and scan in then just go sit anywhere in those sections?

OR do you scan and then get given a seat number or something? Makes being early to games all the more important.

Hasn't happened yet as all have been fully reserved. Even the Gold Coast game and only 51k attended.

I have a feeling they will all end up being full reserved so we'll all have to pay ~$6 a game to Ticketmaster on top of the 3-5 game membership costs :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the lady just confirmed on the phone to me that you DO lose your ITW wait list spot if you take up the Flexi Offer.

I asked her if i was guaranteed to keep my 3 game flexi for next year then, or upgrade it to 5 at least... and she couldn't answer unfortunately.

Supposedly the process is to have a "written request" for an upgraded membership at the end of the season, and that will be prioritized for long serving members first. I just don't see where ITW wait list members rank compared to Flexi Members.

Heads up in case flexi members haven't realised, as of this morning all the remaining games are now classed as fully reserved. You need to book your ticket.
...just got off the phone from WCE, they said it was due to feedback from members preferring to have allocated seats :/

Last edited:
So the lady just confirmed on the phone to me that you DO lose your ITW wait list spot if you take up the Flexi Offer.

I asked her if i was guaranteed to keep my 3 game flexi for next year then, or upgrade it to 5 at least... and she couldn't answer unfortunately.

Supposedly the process is to have a "written request" for an upgraded membership at the end of the season, and that will be prioritized for long serving members first. I just don't see where ITW wait list members rank compared to Flexi Members.
Anyone hear anything more about this? I received my Flexi offer today...

Got the Window Open email today for a 3/5 game Flexi. Looks like they are still working through the ITW list so have patience if you are still hoping for something. I know I had given up expecting anything.

I was ~10900 on the list based on last year after a bloody long 10 year wait!.. missed an ITW renewal somewhere along the way a few years back :mad:

Last edited:
Got the Window Open email today for a 3/5 game Flexi. Looks like they are still working through the ITW list so have patience if you are still hoping for something. I know I had given up expecting anything.

I was ~10900 on the list based on last year after a bloody long 10 year wait!.. missed an ITW renewal somewhere along the way a few years back :mad:

I called up yesterday, updated ITW wait list numbers should come out around this time next month.

I signed up in 2011 at around 9400 in the queue. I just missed out this year, my guess is around 100-200.

I called up yesterday, updated ITW wait list numbers should come out around this time next month.

I signed up in 2011 at around 9400 in the queue. I just missed out this year, my guess is around 100-200.

bad luck you missed out, did the club tell you that or have you been officially notified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back