Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - We are live tonight 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Last nights show is available on iTunes, Spotify etc or can be viewed on YouTube!

Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Richmond redevelopment additional cost, club asking members to chip in.
-Liam Baker & Dustin Martin movements
-Would you do the trade?
-Preview of Melbourne game.

Otherwise you can view it below:

If you listen to us on iTunes be sure to leave us a review to bump us up the rankings and Subscribe on YouTube!

You can also subscribe to us and follow us on social media at the below links:
YouTube

iTunes

Spotify
Facebook
Twitter
Spreaker

Last edited:
Pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning.

Have enjoyed the last few weeks of podcasts Michaels and looking forward to this one, I always enjoy it when you get an opposition poster on to the Podcast.

Would have been classic if the paramedics had managed to resuscitate the poor fella!
Poor bugger never stood a chance really. He had a defibrillator on him within a minute which is pretty rare.
Certainly one way to sober up quick smart I can tell you!

Congratulations on the podcast guys. It's so much more entertaining and informative than just about any show on SEN. Rodney, you seem far too balanced a supporter to be a BF poster, lol. And that bit about Dylan Grimes I thought was spot on. He's the best pure defender in the game. Including Rance. He plays on someone and you just don't see them.

Great work guys.

Congratulations on the podcast guys. It's so much more entertaining and informative than just about any show on SEN. Rodney, you seem far too balanced a supporter to be a BF poster, lol. And that bit about Dylan Grimes I thought was spot on. He's the best pure defender in the game. Including Rance. He plays on someone and you just don't see them.

Great work guys.

Appreciate it!

Speaking of SEN, all things going well I will be talking to Rohan Connolly tonight about all things AFL!

I'll post the episode here once recorded, should be good!

Episode 12 is now done and dusted.

Round 12 Preview

Current episode: S02 EP12 ft - Wacko23Jacko and Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board.
On this weeks episode:
- Wacky Tiger gets a clip from me​
-We discuss David Astburys clip to Josh Caddy on the weekend
-Talk about Alex Rance and the diving saga
-Noobz0r roasts the umpires from the Port vs Hawks game
-Discuss the Indigenous Round
-Talk about the Nat Fyfe suspension
-Give Adelaide a bit of a drive by given that is common ground between us and Port
-Preview the big game against Port

Check out the episode on the below links:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14964619

Massive thanks to Wacko for coming on at such short notice and a big thanks to Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board for coming on, really appreciate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 12 is now done and dusted.

Round 12 Preview

Current episode: S02 EP12 ft - Wacko23Jacko and Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board.

On this weeks episode:

- Wacky Tiger gets a clip from me​
-We discuss David Astburys clip to Josh Caddy on the weekend
-Talk about Alex Rance and the diving saga
-Noobz0r roasts the umpires from the Port vs Hawks game
-Discuss the Indigenous Round
-Talk about the Nat Fyfe suspension
-Give Adelaide a bit of a drive by given that is common ground between us and Port
-Preview the big game against Port

Check out the episode on the below links:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14964619

Massive thanks to Wacko for coming on at such short notice and a big thanks to Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board for coming on, really appreciate it.

Lol you got Noobz on. This will be interesting.

Reason intent is ignored now is concussion

Argument is players should have a duty of care, and if they perform an action where an accidental serious injury can occur, they are responsible for the injury (even though it wasn't their intent)

Poor analogy would be a driver taking a corner at the top of the speed limit in wet conditions, and sliding into another car.

They didn't mean to hit the car, but their disregard for the circumstances they were in means they are liable for the consequences
Concussion is the exact reason to disregard outcome. Players respond so differently to head knocks, the same incident can either not even be looked at, or a 2 week suspension. Huge inconsistency, and it won't solve any problems because players will put the suspensions down to 'bullshit' and continue the same way.
It could be a really simple equation - Accidental high contact = free kick. Reckless high contact (e.g slightly late hits that could've been avoided - this is the duty of care bit): small punishment. Intentional high contact = heavy punishment.

Slightly unrelated, I also think we need to look at what players could have done differently. I look to the Parker/Impey incident a few weeks ago, which I think they got right. No one has clean possession, so both players are allowed to attack the footy. I'll overly simplify for the sake of brevity, you basically have two options, go in head first, or turn your body a bit. If you go in head first, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE HIT IN THE HEAD. If you turn your body, you will be protected. In a situation like this, it was not Parker causing the injury to Impey, he's just contesting the ball, and his only other option would also have caused head contact it was Impey not showing duty of care to himself that caused the injury. He could've turned his body and actually prevented any head contact.

Concussion is the exact reason to disregard outcome. Players respond so differently to head knocks, the same incident can either not even be looked at, or a 2 week suspension. Huge inconsistency, and it won't solve any problems because players will put the suspensions down to 'bullshit' and continue the same way.
It could be a really simple equation - Accidental high contact = free kick. Reckless high contact (e.g slightly late hits that could've been avoided - this is the duty of care bit): small punishment. Intentional high contact = heavy punishment.

Slightly unrelated, I also think we need to look at what players could have done differently. I look to the Parker/Impey incident a few weeks ago, which I think they got right. No one has clean possession, so both players are allowed to attack the footy. I'll overly simplify for the sake of brevity, you basically have two options, go in head first, or turn your body a bit. If you go in head first, YOU WILL PROBABLY BE HIT IN THE HEAD. If you turn your body, you will be protected. In a situation like this, it was not Parker causing the injury to Impey, he's just contesting the ball, and his only other option would also have caused head contact it was Impey not showing duty of care to himself that caused the injury. He could've turned his body and actually prevented any head contact.

this is the whole point of duty of care

because players react differently you have to take on the burden of assuming a concussion is a likely possibility

otherwise you condone any injury inducing injury on the grounds that not all players would have been injured with the same hit

this is the whole point of duty of care

because players react differently you have to take on the burden of assuming a concussion is a likely possibility

otherwise you condone any injury inducing injury on the grounds that not all players would have been injured with the same hit
We need to figure out what this likelihood is and apply it to all cases, because then we can draw a line between right and wrong. Players will know for certain that if they lay a particular bump, they will get a week, and they will actually stop laying these bumps. That’s the aim of suspensions isn’t it?

Right now you might be faced with a choice between bumping and not bumping. The bump WILL help you win the ball, and MIGHT get you a suspension.
Not bumping will ensure you don’t get suspended, but also guarantee you don’t win the ball.
Extrapolating that, a player who plays it safe and doesn’t lay a bump ever WILL be dropped, and will never forge a career. A player who lays those bumps might cop a suspension occasionally but will forge a career.
The player looking after the other players is gone, the wrecking ball stays. That certainly won’t help the statistics.

We need to figure out what this likelihood is and apply it to all cases, because then we can draw a line between right and wrong. Players will know for certain that if they lay a particular bump, they will get a week, and they will actually stop laying these bumps. That’s the aim of suspensions isn’t it?

Right now you might be faced with a choice between bumping and not bumping. The bump WILL help you win the ball, and MIGHT get you a suspension.
Not bumping will ensure you don’t get suspended, but also guarantee you don’t win the ball.
Extrapolating that, a player who plays it safe and doesn’t lay a bump ever WILL be dropped, and will never forge a career. A player who lays those bumps might cop a suspension occasionally but will forge a career.
The player looking after the other players is gone, the wrecking ball stays. That certainly won’t help the statistics.

If not bumping gets you delisted, your game has bigger issues

Concussion ruins lives, players have to avoid it now where possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back