What the heck? Racist footy fan? Or just an ignorant dick-head?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ignorance is no excuse. He’s a moron either way.

To be fair, genuine Ignorance could be an excuse to cultural insensitivity ... But in this instance it is unlikely to be ignorance.

I think Betts would be better off ignoring this s**t rather than highlighting it and playing the victim. The more you tell idiots not to say/do something, the more they'll do it

To be fair, genuine Ignorance could be an excuse to cultural insensitivity ... But in this instance it is unlikely to be ignorance.
Spot on. Could understand the girl who abused Goodes not understanding it was a racially charged term but after that incident and the earlier Betts one it’s implausible here.

I think Betts would be better off ignoring this s**t rather than highlighting it and playing the victim. The more you tell idiots not to say/do something, the more they'll do it
Eddie Betts has done more to calm the waters when it comes to racist abuse over the fence than anyone in this game.
Just look at his response to the pig woman who threw the banana at him - "measured and forgiving and let's just go forward instead of dredging up the past"
I would suggest that he has ignored 99% more than he has ever highlighted - absolute class person and footballer.
Future Hall of Famer on both counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being called an animal is bordering on the who cares scale. When J brown calls Lingy a pig because his face gets red is that racist? Guess not cos 300yo reasons. Off to my reeducation course I go.

take it your username is meant ironically then.

There will always be a percentage. Just like there will always be organised crime, or corrupt law enforcement, or pickpockets or burglars.

30k fans at the ground and we are talking about 1 person. I'm all for calling these guys out but all you are doing is giving them the 10 seconds of fame they are hungry for.

uuurgh, what an egg.

You don't call an indigenous player a primate without knowing full well it is entirely different to calling somebody a pig. These muppets are trying to stir up the hordes online who feel the constant urge to be offended on behalf of someone else.Call them out for being a member of society that isn't meeting their basic social responsibilities and move on.

Rise above. Study science.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back