Scandal Racist Messages sent to Willie Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

No place for it in the game but Collingwood does have a history in this space.

Discuss.
Every club has bad supporters but some clubs seem to pop up more than others

all clubs have their dickheads

it is such a shame that people don't appreciate the pain and suffering this type of abuse has

can't we all appreciate we all go to the footy to celebrate the game? surely this should over ride any bigotry we may have?

No place for it in the game but Collingwood does have a history in this space.

Discuss.
It's not a part of the game. It's social media. Any dickhead can set up a social media account. The dickhead could equally be a Fremantle supporter as they are a Collingwood supporter.

silly question. how do they know they are pie fans and not just trolls? 2nd point take it to the police like the nrl did name and shame them no matter the age.

I'm assuming they have membership codes etc attached to the messages? Typical media.

It's not acceptable and if they are members I bet they get banned or suspended.

Hopefully they find out who the two racist trolls are and do something.

Calling him a druggie loser is fine(if he did something scummy on or away from the field which didnt seem to be the case) he is (was) one but there is never juatification for the racist crap especially since one of the times he got done for drugs, he was trying to bring it into an indigenous community doing more to stop drugs than many other areas.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's not automatically condemn Collingwood fans here. Doesn't appear to be anything saying they are unless the club itself has identified them.

Without knowing instagram well, do you have to add your real phone number or anything to sign up? Can these scumbags be identified at all?

pzjxmu5ewidb1.jpg

When will people learn? Stop ******* giving attention to lowlifes.
How is this view so widely shared? Do you seriously think the solution is pretending it didn’t happen with no repercussions to who posted it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never good to see from fans of any club. Idiot Saints supporters did the same to a player just weeks ago.

I myself have come across disgusting, explicit racism on Twitter by a Collingwood fan, N word and all, aimed at the players involved in the Hawks scandal.

I sent Collingwood FC a direct message in twitter with the screenshots, suggesting they investigate whether the supporter was a member.

The response?

I was blocked and am unable to direct message them. Super weird!

Comment was later reported to twitter and removed by twitter. First time I’ve ever reported something, but the comments were horrible - can’t imagine how it’d feel for indigenous people to see the tripe continuing.

What average humans these guys are to message that sort of abuse to another person.

They should be called out publicly.
If they are ok to say it to someone via DM, they should be ok with the general public knowing who they are.
While I agree for the most part, it's also a dangerous game to play given how easy it is to sign up under a fake name. I know multiple people who have had Facebook accounts created in their names, using pictures of them, by complete strangers. Imagine someone did this to you, sent a racist message to a player, which then got shared nationwide. It's life destroying

How is this view so widely shared? Do you seriously think the solution is pretending it didn’t happen with no repercussions to who posted it?
When did I say no repercussions? I just said dont give them attention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back