AFL Toast WIN against West Coast! - Rd 14 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I find that stuff so frustrating because there's no free for the original action which is just a straight push in the back but then the guy who retaliates always gets pinged. Either the first action is wrong too or you just let them both go.
Exactly right. Too often they punish the retaliation which wouldn't happen if they just stay on top of it in the first place. The only reason Walla did it was because the umpire had just clearly shown he wouldn't pay a free kick for that. But once again, Shuey staged like he normally does.

Anyone can predict the worst and feel validated when it happens; yet claim they're stoked when it doesn't.

It's gutless. Pure cowardice

It's not cowardice, it's pessimism, pure and simple.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of pessimism, even if the optimists of the world can't understand it.

Weird sensation re watching that game...

You can blatantly see the Umps up to Shenanigans but alas it won't help...

Shuey is my new most despised opposition player now ... Big tough man roughing up Redman and then the next minute taking dives amongst other weak campaigner moves he pulled...

& Eagles might have given our upcoming opponents a blueprint in how to limit our speed & attack through the middle, they certainly found a way to limit the damage for 3 quarters.
that game plan worked against the eagles because we did our homework and found that they were vulnerable there. Hopefully our game plans for the upcoming game are based on what we think are the other teams' weaknesses - not the ones identified in the Eagles' game plan.

Attempted match-fixing by the umpires. I would not be surprised if this unfolds as an issue by the end of the year...

I reckon there should be a few apologies directed towards Mitch Brown and Mark Baguley. They were both great, particularly in the first quarter. Green on the other hand...

It's not cowardice, it's pessimism, pure and simple.
There's nothing wrong with a bit of pessimism, even if the optimists of the world can't understand it.
"a bit" of pessimism is fine. This is not "a bit". Far from it.

And I believe it is cowardice, because you want to have it both ways. You want to be able to crow that you're right if the worst happens, but if the sky doesn't occur like you predicted then you claim a win as well. It's being too cowardly to ever have the courage of your convictions. Too cowardly to ever expose your fragile emotional core to the world, and instead lock it up in a suit of shiny low expectations.

It's especially noteworthy given that the same poster used to be a cocky arrogant poster best known for predicting Essendon would flog the living suitcase out of North Melbourne as a birthday present to him, leading to him becoming a meme on their board. These types of "born again" believers are always the most dogmatic - whether it's liberals who become conservatives; meat eaters who turn vegan; scientists that become conspiracy theorists; or cocky football supporters who become fundamentalist pessimists and think they need to inflict it on everyone else.

Anyway, I'm sick of discussing it and I'm sure everyone else is too. If he wants to be an emotional Ming vase let him do this. But let him do it without sooking when people occasionally call him out on it

Free kick count looks bad. But bloody hell we gave away so many stupid ones. I reckon Myers and Green gave away 5 or 6 dumb ones between them. Add in McKernans couple a game and baguley gave away a couple aswell. If it was a close game you lose because of those.
Mckernan does some dumb things But the 50 for being in the west coast 15 m protected zone was just plain horse s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Headline obviously written by Fairfax's Perth based sub-editor. We were undermanned too (no Joey or David), every side has injuries at this time of the year.
View attachment 516037
It's completely correct and pertinent to say they were undermanned though. They clearly were and it hurt them. Sure we were too but so what? Making too much of it. It doesn't devalue the win to recognise the loss of Darling and Kennedy was a factor

That whole rule is a bunch of crap. If they're clearly travelling through to get to somewhere else then let it go. If they're clearly trying to block up space then pay it.
At which point players will conveniently need to travel through to get to somewhere else on a regular basis.

From the bottom of so many dockers fans hearts, Thankyou for last night. I supported you like you were wearing purple. I predicted almost that exact free kick count.
I strongly echo these sentiments, a break from 'Eaglemania' over here is a godsend.

Adam Saad cut through their guts like a knife through hot butter was a sight to behold :fire::)

Mckernan does some dumb things But the 50 for being in the west coast 15 m protected zone was just plain horse s**t

That rule is the worst piss it off

Also 50m penalty for not giving the ball back is crap too unless the player throws the ball into the crowd or useses it to hurt a player then that's when it should be 50 why should it be 50 if he drops the ball to the ground?

It's completely correct and pertinent to say they were undermanned though. They clearly were and it hurt them. Sure we were too but so what? Making too much of it. It doesn't devalue the win to recognise the loss of Darling and Kennedy was a factor
I would have preferred "Undermanned Bombers blitz Flag Favourites!!!"

*using multiple Elaine Benes exclamation points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back