Opinion Heath Shaw return

Remove this Banner Ad

Heater is pretty honest about why and how he left.
He did not want to go.
Hard to put him in the swinging dick basket without stretching the truth.
The full interview link is a post or two above.

Demonstrably arguing the toss with Bucks on the boundary line seems to me a pretty swinging dick act, one I note he hasn't repeated at GWS. I also recall going to training one time and hearing Shaw being a smart arse to Pendles who he obviously found to be a square and I wouldn't be surprised to learn is one of the other people at Collingwood Shaw doesn't have a relationship with. A lot of people love the rat-pack, the cool clique. I've never been a big fan. I'll have a Pendles and Adams type ahead of them anytime.

Of course he loves beating Collingwood.
Forced out of the club he loves and has family history with.
I’d be bitter as well.
Don't know how he loved it so much as they'd only beaten us once by that stage.
Most people who've gone onto play prelims, win AA nominations and B&Fs would've just moved on, but we know the Shaws aren't good at that.

By not being the person he has apparently, by his own admission, become in 2018.
Oh right that's why they all left, I get ya.

Pretty sure the "new and improved 2018" Buckley wouldn't just let them all run amuck like they did under Malthouse.

They were upset because Malthouse was replaced, Swan has himself said that's the main reason they were disgruntled, they wanted him to stay while they were at the top of their game and then perhaps Bucks takes over later. Obviously the replacement guy is going to take the brunt of their angst, the fact that he wanted a lot more discipline in the team compared with Malthouse would've only compounded their displeasure. But some who didn't know any different to Malthouse's style acted like spoiled little children who didn't like not getting their own way and chucked tantrums, some took their ball and left, some were given up for adoption.

Last edited:
Shows how much of a child he is imo. It’s a child mentality. If he cared so much about staying he would have changed his attitude.

Anyway. No big loss. Not great timing though as he cries away his chance at September and we’re about to partake.

Oh right that's why they all left, I get ya.

Pretty sure the "new and improved 2018" Buckley wouldn't just let them all run amuck like they did under Malthouse.

They were upset because Malthouse was replaced, Swan has himself said that's the main reason they were disgruntled, they wanted him to stay while they were at the top of their game and then perhaps Bucks takes over later. Obviously the replacement guy is going to take the brunt of their angst, the fact that he wanted a lot more discipline in the team compared with Malthouse would've only compounded their displeasure. But some who didn't know any different to Malthouse's style acted like spoiled little children who didn't like not getting their own way and chucked tantrums, some took their ball and left, some were given up for adoption.
Would be fascinating how Bux circa 2018 would have handled that situation back then.
As a person who now understands that he cannot control people, maybe he would have put club and team above his own ideals.
Malthouse did and was rewarded.

Would be fascinating how Bux circa 2018 would have handled that situation back then.
As a person who now understands that he cannot control people, maybe he would have put club and team above his own ideals.
Yeah, only when he was told had only 2 years left, so perhaps you are right.

Yeah, only when he was told had only 2 years left, so perhaps you are right
Absolutely, was forced to take the extra step.
Though not being told the 2 years left was being put on hold after 2010, probably cost us 2011..
The non movement of Tarrant to the backline when Reid went down looks very suss in hindsight.

He and more importantly the Cłub would have handled it differently in 2018.

I am a little torn here because when I witnessed that "smother" in the GF replay in 2010 I knew we had it won.

I also have heard too many things in 2011 and beyond that was upsetting to hear about our Premiership heroes.

As Ketchup stated above Heath says he has matured but he seems like a child still to me.

The disrespect shown to Bucks was not warranted IMO.

Here's the Dale Thomas thing from round 2 in 2012 vs Richmond (at round 2m40s). No finger pointing, blown out of proportion as usual. I heard that this was because Bucks asked him at half time if he could get a kick, but just hearsay:

I miss the days when Daisy played for us and was actually good.

Absolutely, was forced to take the extra step.
Though not being told the 2 years left was being put on hold after 2010, probably cost us 2011..
The non movement of Tarrant to the backline when Reid went down looks very suss in hindsight.
That and many other things cost us, players acting childish and starting a mini-union would've cost us too.

He and more importantly the Cłub would have handled it differently in 2018.

I am a little torn here because when I witnessed that "smother" in the GF replay in 2010 I knew we had it won.

I also have heard too many things in 2011 and beyond that was upsetting to hear about our Premiership heroes.

As Ketchup stated above Heath says he has matured but he seems like a child still to me.

The disrespect shown to Bucks was not warranted IMO.
Football clubs are full of different personalities. It’s a wonder clubs function at all really.
But Bux and Shaw were/are polar opposites. And when it came down to it, Bux had the power, as most managers/employers do over staff.
If Bux applied his post 2011 morals to DeGoey he would be on the trade table.
Change is good. Is it not?

Here's the Dale Thomas thing from round 2 in 2012 vs Richmond (at round 2m40s). No finger pointing, blown out of proportion as usual. I heard that this was because Bucks asked him at half time if he could get a kick, but just hearsay:

I definitely remember finger pointing.........you just showed us some highlights.

I remember thinking at the time what a w***er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football clubs are full of different personalities. It’s a wonder clubs function at all really.
But Bux and Shaw were/are polar opposites. And when it came down to it, Bux had the power, as most managers/employers do over staff.
If Bux applied his post 2011 morals to DeGoey he would be on the trade table.
Change is good. Is it not?

Change is good if it is warranted.

The Culture revolution back then is on the Club as a whole and not just Bucks that's my point.

Shaw, Thomas, Wellingham etc became collateral damage......the one that hurst the most IMO was Geoff Walsh because he didn't agree with the revolution......hence why he left.

The truth is mate they disrespected Bucks because they had won a Premiership...........it's kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Heath saying he wouldn't answer the phone if Bucks rang him is a pretty sad response........whether he is being honest or not.

Last edited:
I definitely remember finger pointing.........you just showed us some highlights.

It did not show it all. Thomas definitely wagged the finger toward the coaches box,

Change is good if it is warranted.

The Culture revolution back then is on the Club as a whole and not just Bucks that's my point.

Shaw, Thomas, Wellingham etc became collateral damage......the one that hurst the most IMO was Geoff Walsh because he didn't agree with the revolution......hence why he left.

The truth is mate they disrespected Bucks because they had won a Premiership...........it's kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Heath saying he wouldn't answer the phone if Bucks rang him is a pretty sad response........whether he is being honest or not.
The culture won a Premiership.
And should have gone BtoB.
The change consigned us to the wilderness.
The change in culture, evidenced by the DG retention on the list, is already showing results.

The culture won a Premiership.
And should have gone BtoB.
The change consigned us to the wilderness.
The change in culture, evidenced by the DG retention on the list, is already showing results.

We’re agreeing mate.

Who is DG? Do you mean Jordon De Goey?

I miss the days when Faz could mark and goal.

Just made to look like a petulant child, Heath Shaw.

Very similar to Thomas.

They just sound like bitter, spoilt teenagers who were told you can't behave like ******* idiots anymore.
Right now, they will both have 10, 20, 30, 40 and as shown at the club last night, 50 year Premiership reunions.
Buckley? Maybe he can get together with the two players he split a brownnose with.

Daisy is a w***er, but after half time setup or played apart in 5 goals in about 4 minutes. Never seen anything like it. Also Rance had 34 possessions and was close to worse on ground...

not the right footage, which is probably why it's not there.

Right now, they will both have 10, 20, 30, 40 and as shown at the club last night, 50 year Premiership reunions.
Buckley? Maybe he can get together with the two players he split a brownnose with.
Christ, thats a really ordinary post - and unbelievably disrespectful to Nathan Buckley as a player, who is the greatest to ever wear the Black & White stripes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back