Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Bellchambers (29), Leuenberger (30) and McKernan (28 in 2 months, who isn't great as a ruck) and Draper (19, and a while off yet IMO) with Leuey looking likely to retire at the end of the year. A stop gap for 2-3 years as a back up wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
I don’t see Leuy retiring tbh, still has a year in him at least

I don’t see Leuy retiring tbh, still has a year in him at least
The way he's acting differs. I'd rather him stay but I don't think it happens.

We have Bellchambers (29), Leuenberger (30) and McKernan (28 in 2 months, who isn't great as a ruck) and Draper (19, and a while off yet IMO) with Leuey looking likely to retire at the end of the year. A stop gap for 2-3 years as a back up wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

If Leuenberger retires just back Draper and take another raw kid to develop for the long term.

The issue we already have is getting the required number of minutes into Draper in the ressies. We want Draper rucking 75% of game time each week.

Last edited:
Mod edit: OP from merged thread "WOULD U THROW A MILLION DOLLAR CONTACT AT PADDY CRIPPS TO JOIN BOMBERS IN 2019"

IMO...hes exactly what we need.....big body star whats gets plenty of it and bashes and crashes packs.....he would be worth every cent....hes at a down hill club now and if he wants to play finals in his career hes not going to do it there....he would be very tempted im sure......whats your thoughts????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gents what do we know about Jydon Neagle? any good, and will we draft him under father son maybe late in the draft?
Was eligible 3 years ago and has been playing country footy since. Jaxon I believe might be eligible this year.
If Leuenberger retires just back Draper and take another raw kid to develop for the long term.

The issue we already have is getting the required number of minutes into Draper in the ressies. We want Draper rucking 75% of game time each week.
I'd rather not. Draper, whilst impressive, is 18 months away from being able to be that guy in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was eligible 3 years ago and has been playing country footy since. Jaxon I believe might be eligible this year.

I'd rather not. Draper, whilst impressive, is 18 months away from being able to be that guy in the seniors.

Anyone around the VFL who might be an option? Wouldn't mind the idea of taking Campbell from the Dogs back even Roughhead as a FA might be an option, really any way to get that fatprick Gordon all hot and bothered would be nice.

EDIT Options for a stop gap ruckman is what I'm referring to

Anyone around the VFL who might be an option? Wouldn't mind the idea of taking Campbell from the Dogs back even Roughhead as a FA might be an option, really any way to get that fatprick Gordon all hot and bothered would be nice.

EDIT Options for a stop gap ruckman is what I'm referring to
Not really a good year for rucks. Of the Stand Alone clubs, Haretuku is on his last legs, as is Meese, the ship has sailed on Goodwin, Werribee's ruckman is average (can't remember his name right now) and the rest are basically playing AFL rucks.

I don't mind TC/Roughead but I'm looking at someone a bit younger.

If we're looking at getting a stop-gap solution ruckman. I wouldn't be suprised if we had a look at a Dawson Simpson type. Not a world beater by any means but would come cheap on a 1 year deal and could be backup for another year before Draper is ready.

Yep, absolutely this! Someone who knows his spot in the AFL system who would be happy enough to just be on an AFL list for another year.

Club has been absolutely wrapt with Lleunberger's attitude the last 12 months despite playing limited games in the AFL and even more limited (ruck) minutes in the VFL.

Hey gents what do we know about Jydon Neagle? any good, and will we draft him under father son maybe late in the draft?
Jydon is about 24 his time may have passed, a handy footballer at Wodonga but a bit below AFL quality. Younger brothers Jaxon and Matt probably in the same boat.

Yep, absolutely this! Someone who knows his spot in the AFL system who would be happy enough to just be on an AFL list for another year.

Club has been absolutely wrapt with Lleunberger's attitude the last 12 months despite playing limited games in the AFL and even more limited (ruck) minutes in the VFL.

Zac Clarke might me an option, it appears he has gotten his athleticism back and is in reasonable for. In the wafl

Last week was a great example of this- playing predominantly forward but still chased and pressured blokes to good effect. Exactly the kind of selfless, team-first attitude you want to keep around the club in some capacity.

If we were interested in Lycett the price just went up. WC will pretty much have no option but to keep him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back