Preview Round 21 Melbourne v Sydney Sunday August 12, MCG, 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My emotions are quite torn about this game. The way we've been playing most of the year would suggest we are going to get torn apart, but like a lingering ex-girlfriend, they keep teasing you with glimpses of their best and what you love about them.

I mean a four quarter effort where we play to our best all the way through has to happen at some point doesn't it (at this point more hopeful than realistic)

Great post.

Apart from AJ, I think Sinkers has been my feel good story this season. He's battled singme handed against the elite bigmen of the comp & held his own... Not bad for the bloke many were calling "stinkclair" & so on not too long ago.

His aggression & passion is clear. He gets involved & is happy to give a bit if lip if he needs. Nothing silly, but lifts the boys I reckon.

Been a surprising but very welcome season from Sinkers. I hope he can work with Naisy when he returns to really nail that Fwd/Ruck role.
Too true. Specially when you consider his first half a dozen games with us. I really thought we’d landed a dud.

What's your beef with Horse ? Is it because he held Aliir back until he was ready ? How about more chat about the game and fewer put downs ? Some do care that we were in a dire situation at 0-6. I was hugely proud of our club and the fight we put up to get back when we'd been written off. How many coaches could have got us back to being in finals contention ? Hanners issues started when he got injured in the GF. Sometimes that starts a roll. Don't assume or pretend you know stuff. You don't know the conversations between Horse and the medical/conditioning staff. You don't know the relationship or the conversations between Hanners and Horse so stop making out that you do. If you have an opinion start with IMO .....

My beef with Horse is how he mistreated the Hannebery situation! I don't need to be inside the club to know that the bloke was struggling to run throughout the entirety of the 2017 season. That I could see with my own eyes and everyone else on here was saying the same thing. You speak of the fight back from 0-6 and how amazing it was. But what does that have to do with the fact Hannebery played every game last year? Think you're getting at something there, I'll direct you to the first sentence of this paragraph.

EDIT: 46? I thought we only had 38[/QUOTE]
Rohan played well against melbourne last year, just couldn't kick a goal.
What is playing well for Rohan ? How do you judge it ? Sorry but my opinion is he is fast becoming a list clogger. 10-12 posessions a game and a couple of tackles don't cut it. You add a 2-3 goals a week to those stats and we are telling a different story. It is called impact. This Bullshit of him being required for a running defensive role is dribble. Not that I don't wish he could have some consistent impact on the teams fortunes. He has the attributes just not the application to stay involved for consistent lengths of time during games. Only thing I would say in his defence is I don't think really has been able to settle in one role to make his own and have the impact required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the conditions are going to be as forecast, Syd are gna have a real chance to steal this one.

Hanners better not be playing underdone again, but given the recent trade talks, I’m sure he’ll step up over recent performances.

The Horse 'flog em till they're dead' policy still in effect. F me the guy NEVER learns.
Hayward and Florent both still in - even the club said they'd been s**t for a month !
Robbo out.
Hanners in.
McCartin and Cameron both in the same team - cause that worked so well last time.

Close your eyes folks and think of the draft pick.

The Horse 'flog em till they're dead' policy still in effect. F me the guy NEVER learns.
Hayward and Florent both still in - even the club said they'd been s**t for a month !
Robbo out.
Hanners in.
McCartin and Cameron both in the same team - cause that worked so well last time.

Close your eyes folks and think of the draft pick.
Settle down.

At least he didnt name Rohan.

The Demons live or die by their speed. When it's on and working for them they're almost impossible to stop and can pile on scoring shots and repeat entries at will. But when it doesn't work, either because of opposition pressure or a solid defensive structure, they are then the ones who are killed with speed. In other words, they only go one way. I know it's almost cliche to say around here lately but if we bring our intensity and actually try to take on the corridor more with pace and get the ball out of our defensive zone quickly, Melbourne are one team we could really take advantage of.

If we try to slow it down and be conservative with how we move the ball going forward, that just plays right into Melbourne's hands, and it will be a repeat of two weeks ago, but worse, because Melbourne are much better than Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back