Preview Round 21 Melbourne v Sydney Sunday August 12, MCG, 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settle down.

At least he didnt name Rohan.
I'd rather he did. Not that I'm a massive fan of his form this year, but as the club said we've got nothing from Hayward, Florent and McC for a month (other than a winning goal - but you know what I mean)
I dunno, I guess I shouldn't expect Horse to change after all this time. But I sure hope the club show him the door come end of year.

The Horse 'flog em till they're dead' policy still in effect. F me the guy NEVER learns.
Hayward and Florent both still in - even the club said they'd been s**t for a month !
Robbo out.
Hanners in.
McCartin and Cameron both in the same team - cause that worked so well last time.

Close your eyes folks and think of the draft pick.
Cameron's an emergency isn't he? He won't play unless something happens to sinkers.

I'd rather he did. Not that I'm a massive fan of his form this year, but as the club said we've got nothing from Hayward, Florent and McC for a month (other than a winning goal - but you know what I mean)
I dunno, I guess I shouldn't expect Horse to change after all this time. But I sure hope the club show him the door come end of year.

Bit of mixed messages there though. You are obviously of the belief that this year is a sinking ship and the focus should be next year. Fair enough opinion even if I don't share it. But if we were looking towards next year, and presumably our next flag, why would you be endorsing dropping three kids who will be a part of that potential next flag, in favour of guys like Rohan, who won't be around for our next flag?

I think we can't lose playing the kids. Either we lose games and miss the finals, where we probably aren't going to make a dent anyway, or we manage to pull enough wins like the Collingwood one together to make the finals, and we give the kids invaluable finals experience, even if just for one game, which may help them in the long run.

That is the question ? Hanners fully fit! Everytime he plays both shoulders are bandaged up like a mummy!

Always have been but that's never stopped him. What's stopped him the last two years has been the rest of his body.. his capacity to run, move, and attack the contest.

If the conditions are going to be as forecast, Syd are gna have a real chance to steal this one.

Hanners better not be playing underdone again, but given the recent trade talks, I’m sure he’ll step up over recent performances.

Narrator: He is underdone

Greetings Sydney supporting people!

The Melbourne board has an unofficial preview/banter thread going. It felt somewhat quiet until we realised that we hadn’t actually invited the opposition posters to appear...

But please by all means if you would like to come along and say hello and remind us how many zillion goals Buddy and that random first year dude that kicks bags are likely to score on our epic and feared defensive unit of 5 feet of Neville Jetta plus some other guys, then you are very welcome at:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ons-supporters-welcome.1201410/#post-57263874

For my part I always find banter threads with Sydney challenging, because who couldn’t like Sydney? but please come anyway.

Cheers

I don't get this concept that Horse is some sadistic slave master that forces invalid players to run out on the park.

The medical team declare the players available or not and he picks a team from that. The senior players are trusted to know their own bodies and report issues to the medical team.

If Hanners is cactus then either he puts his hand up or the medical team rules him out.

Too many conspiracy theories for my liking.

Bit of mixed messages there though. You are obviously of the belief that this year is a sinking ship and the focus should be next year. Fair enough opinion even if I don't share it. But if we were looking towards next year, and presumably our next flag, why would you be endorsing dropping three kids who will be a part of that potential next flag, in favour of guys like Rohan, who won't be around for our next flag?

I think we can't lose playing the kids. Either we lose games and miss the finals, where we probably aren't going to make a dent anyway, or we manage to pull enough wins like the Collingwood one together to make the finals, and we give the kids invaluable finals experience, even if just for one game, which may help them in the long run.
You may have a point there.... I want the wins AND the high draft pick. :D
Play the kids by all means. But they've clearly all hit a wall - a week off may freshen them up, and give us best chance in this game.
Last time McC and Cameron played in the same team we were god awful. One or the other IMHO, and it's the other this week for mine - besides he's another prospect, not an old has been. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My beef with Horse is how he mistreated the Hannebery situation! I don't need to be inside the club to know that the bloke was struggling to run throughout the entirety of the 2017 season. That I could see with my own eyes and everyone else on here was saying the same thing. You speak of the fight back from 0-6 and how amazing it was. But what does that have to do with the fact Hannebery played every game last year? Think you're getting at something there, I'll direct you to the first sentence of this paragraph.
You can see with you own eyes can you ? Eyes that, apparently, can see into every corner of the Swans world, from dressing rooms to doctors' offices. Do your ears hear everything too ? Or did you watch Hanners playing and make your huge misguided intuitive leap from there ? You have no actual knowledge that Horse mistreated Hanners in any way. You spread malicious rumours based on hearing a misguided rumour and then claim that 'everyone' else was saying the same thing. Well they weren't. I wasn't for one.

Seriously. This kind of rumour-mongering, misinformation and inability to recognise complete twaddle in its purest form is how guys like Trump get elected. Do some research before you cast aspersions at a very well respected coach. One that's also highly regarded by players, despite that you claim he mistreats them. Honestly, I have never heard such inane drivel.

Cameron's an emergency isn't he? He won't play unless something happens to sinkers.
Yeah...about that. AFL site had him on a bench of 4 when I commented. He's not there now...so....I dunno...I WAS sober at the time.
I think he should be in tbh, and give the youngest in the comp a break as I see the need for Sinkers to get a breather here and there.
I should probably give up managing the club and just yell at the tellie when things go wrong.

You can see with you own eyes can you ? Eyes that, apparently, can see into every corner of the Swans world, from dressing rooms to doctors' offices. Do your ears hear everything too ? Or did you watch Hanners playing and make your huge misguided intuitive leap from there ? You have no actual knowledge that Horse mistreated Hanners in any way. You spread malicious rumours based on hearing a misguided rumour and then claim that 'everyone' else was saying the same thing. Well they weren't. I wasn't for one.

Seriously. This kind of rumour-mongering, misinformation and inability to recognise complete twaddle in its purest form is how guys like Trump get elected. Do some research before you cast aspersions at a very well respected coach. One that's also highly regarded by players, despite that you claim he mistreats them. Honestly, I have never heard such inane drivel.

Blind freddie could see he ran Hanners into the ground the last 3 years. He's not exactly objecting to trade rumours. Makes you wonder why....

Blind freddie could see he ran Hanners into the ground the last 3 years. He's not exactly objecting to trade rumours. Makes you wonder why....
Seriosly? No...

Hanners play 26 games in 16 and 23 in 17... what makes you think that he shouldn't of played all of those games? and which games do you think he should of missed?

Seriosly? No...

Hanners play 26 games in 16 and 23 in 17... what makes you think that he shouldn't of played all of those games? and which games do you think he should of missed?
Getting off topic - but if you weren't paying attention, or have a different opinion that's fine. Mine is he was shot half the year in 16 and needed a week or two off prior to finals. Last year should of had several weeks off - or surgery, whatever it took. Proof is in the pudding unfortunately.

The Horse 'flog em till they're dead' policy still in effect. F me the guy NEVER learns.
Hayward and Florent both still in - even the club said they'd been s**t for a month !
Robbo out.
Hanners in.
McCartin and Cameron both in the same team - cause that worked so well last time.

Close your eyes folks and think of the draft pick.
It's all good fun till someone loses an eye !

I don't get this concept that Horse is some sadistic slave master that forces invalid players to run out on the park.

The medical team declare the players available or not and he picks a team from that. The senior players are trusted to know their own bodies and report issues to the medical team.

If Hanners is cactus then either he puts his hand up or the medical team rules him out.

Too many conspiracy theories for my liking.
Weeeelllllll Reid was 6-8 remember. Back in 2015. So yeh, bout those medical reports....

3 years? It was Horses fault he got his legs taken out in the 16 gf?

Never heard of The Hills Have Eyes, hate The Simpsons - I’m starting to think you’re like me - telly only gets turned on for the footy.
It haven't watched any tv this century... maybe even the 90s as well. Can't really remember... watched the news for a while, but gave up when they all reported the same thing and it turned out to be false. Not one Sydney station had verified the truth of the report... decided that was enough. I watch the game live on TV if I can't get there or it's away, everything else on laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back