Changes v Port (latest; out: Murray, In: Murphy)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would quite happily replace Oxley,Madgen and Murray with Murphy, McLarty and Howe.
Upgrade in all three players.
Prob a shade early in terms of development for Murphy and McLarty, but heck they have greater upside.

Langdon pulled up short at one point in the last quarter and ran straight off. He came back to finish the match but worth monitoring; looked like a calf.

Yes he had the ice pack on his right knee in the rooms after the game and was limping badly. Would have to be in some doubt right now.

I would quite happily replace Oxley,Madgen and Murray with Murphy, McLarty and Howe.
Upgrade in all three players.
Prob a shade early in terms of development for Murphy and McLarty, but heck they have greater upside.

Two weeks out from finals. Their development can continue in the VFL. We have developed as well as any team in the AFL this year but this is not the time to do it just for the sake of it.

J. Watts & J. Westhoff could do some damage.

It’s simple though. Grundy needs to kill it in the Ruck. They’re more than likely going to play a Frampton. It will be his first ever AFL game. If Grundy jumps into him early, the boy will be scared.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter about the 43 other players, it’s about Robbie Gray. He’s the Port Adelaide version of Cyril Rioli. We usually drop our pants around him.

Said this in the review thread but Dixon and Ryder apparently injured tonight so that takes a lot of pressure off our defense next week
yes and no. the absence of Dixon will force PP to either bring in a new player or come up with a new forward line structure. Either way, its another wildcard we'll have to plan for. Danger matcH

In Howe and Murphy
Out Murray and somebody else I don’t know who. Murphy deserves a go ahead of Murray.

I also think we need to consider giving Mclarty a go, if lose another tall he needs to get some exposure at AFL level before playing finals.

Jeepers folks, we aren't debuting first gamers at this time of the year unless there's a catastrophe. Get a grip.
Langdon could be in some doubt and if Howe doesn’t get up we may have to bring in McClarty or Murphy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langdon could be in some doubt and if Howe doesn’t get up we may have to bring in McClarty or Murphy?
That's the sort of catastrophe I'm talking about.

We aren't dropping Madgen (or Murray) to play Murphy or McLarty.

J. Watts & J. Westhoff could do some damage.

It’s simple though. Grundy needs to kill it in the Ruck. They’re more than likely going to play a Frampton. It will be his first ever AFL game. If Grundy jumps into him early, the boy will be scared.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter about the 43 other players, it’s about Robbie Gray. He’s the Port Adelaide version of Cyril Rioli. We usually drop our pants around him.

Any chance at all ‘how do you like them Apples’ comes straight back into the side!? And if not do you think he’ll work his way back in!?

Murray reminds me a lot of Maynard early on and my thoughts were we just had to get games into him and we’ll see the benefits when he gets to 50 games. Which we are now....

The only issue for me is whether we can carry those turnovers in finals. If Appleby can get back he may be preferred.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back