Worst afl player you've seen (and why)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Walsh from Essendon, played in the 80's. I was a young kid when I watched him so he may have done a lot of one percenters that I missed! He seemed to have 0% talent. The best thing I remember him doing was a goal assist soccer off the ground in the collingwood blockbuster at VFL Park in 1990, to help the Dons win. He played a lot of games, Sheedy had a hard on for him, for whatever reason. He did get better but doesn't everybody when given umpteenth chances?

Premiership player 1984, 1985
E. J. Whitten medal winner 1986
All-Australian selection 1986
Victorian representative 1985, 1986, 1987

Not a superstar by any means, but no chance does Walshy deserve a mention in the worst player thread.

It's about worse player to have played the game and you come up with the comment 16 premierships, mind you that were won when the comp was compromised and rigged to favour rich clubs.
No need to make excuses. 2 is still pretty good dont worry.

The Silvagnis have been responsible for contributing to our grand history and legacy. JSOS is learning his craft and surely gets the benefit of the doubt.

Premiership player 1984, 1985
E. J. Whitten medal winner 1986
All-Australian selection 1986
Victorian representative 1985, 1986, 1987

Not a superstar by any means, but no chance does Walshy deserve a mention in the worst player thread.

One of the great Sheedy "special project" utilities, along with Dean Wallis, Mark Bolton, and Ed Considine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Sheldon from Brisbane, and Matthew Bate from Melbourne are two good'ns

Thought Bate was decent, all things considered.

Tough gig being a forward for the Dees during their dark period, but he managed to lead up and present reasonably well.

Looked to be on the verge of becoming a pretty good player circa 2009-2010, but then injuries and Mark Neeld hit, and it went sour for everyone.

No need to make excuses. 2 is still pretty good dont worry.

The Silvagnis have been responsible for contributing to our grand history and legacy. JSOS is learning his craft and surely gets the benefit of the doubt.
Don't confuse excuses with fact, Carltank have been, as John Elliot would say putrid for the best part of 20 years, and i wasn't the one saying JSOS is a poor player.

I cannot believe the last three pages went by without the name Zac Dawson appearing every second post.
Definitely had incriminating photos of Ross Lyon...

Probably not fair to pot a young player, but I haven't seen Cameron Polson show anything.

Rarely gets the ball, lack of awareness, gives away free kicks (Fremantle game in particular).

Played 10 games in 2018 with an average of 6.6 possessions per game and has given away 10 free kicks.

Edit: And has kicked 1 goal with stints as a forward.

Taylor Hunt (Ex Geelong Richmond)
Jack Silvagni
Jack Billings
Cameron Guthrie

Haven't read this thread right through so not sure if he already got a mention, but David Antonowicz who played for West Coast around 2000 comes to mind. Played about 3 games in 4 years on the list.On the rare occasions he got the footy he displayed one of the ugliest kicking actions you're ever likely to see. I remember wondering what the recruiting manager could possibly have been thinking when he called the name at the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back