Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was back and forth earlier in the year. But have come down firmly in the yes camp now.

Lynch probably allows more long kicking and flexibility in game style and also allows Jack to roam around more getting involved in the play. I also think he would help us make the most of when we are on top, we have a top score of 125 this year, WCE, GWS, Pies, Dees, Norf, Port and Lions all have top scores of 130+ and GWS, Dees, WCE and Pies have multiple massive 140+ scores. It doesn’t seem like a lot but it shows that we don’t have the high end attack to slaughter a side, we rely on strangling them a bit and for the most part it works but Lynch could and should take us to another level in attack.

If we are another level in attack we can stay 1 step ahead of the pack hopefully.

Our percentage would indicate we do pretty well at winning convincingly.... more so than any other side in the comp.

Agree that Lynch would potentially help that. My question is what does he do defensively? What will he do when he has to beat 2 or 3 players? He needs to do what JR does and just make a contest and he needs to chase and scrap. Unless he goes to Collingwood.... then he can stand around like a witches hat.

BS aside of which club wins out for his signature, I’m curious to know how many Tiger fans believe projected output in 2019 and beyond outweigh total costs of having Lynch on the list.

It has gotten to the point where people simply want Lynch at their club so he doesn’t sign with the other club but have lost sight of what his inclusion would come at the cost of to fit him in.

Tigers have won a flag and built something very rare over the last few seasons, then you’ve got Lynch as a cherry on top/piggy backing on that success.

Same goes for Collingwood where injuries have created a very unpredictable forward line ala Richmond 2017 that has got different avenues at goal. Does bringing in Lynch undo that to an extent?

What’re people’s thoughts?

I think he’s a good fit for us after losing Griffiths as our other KPF after the draft/trade period closed has left us with only Jack as a tall forward.
I’ve felt all along that May would be a better fit for Collingwood although clearly Lynch would be a benefit too.
You guys have bought in a lot of players from elsewhere so wonder how much cap space you can stretch too

I’m honestly not fussed. Part of me really wants him to go to the Pies because I’ve just got a bad feeling about his body, big blokes don’t seem to have as much luck with knees. Had he not had the knee injury I’d be keen to have him but I’m pretty cold on the idea of signing a big bloke who’s injured.
Time will tell I guess.
Only needs to play a handful of games in the back half of the season and win us a premiership ala Prestia to be successful!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All Lynch has to do is get his head around the Richmond way of doing things. That means always dishing it off if there is a player in better position (whether on a set shot or during play), and always chasing when the opposition has it. These things don't normally come easy to tall forwards who think it's all about them.

If he can do that he will be a success and we become even more potent. I think by now he'd have a pretty good idea of what the club's expectations will be.

It would be great on Sunday after the GF at Punt Rd, Dimma and Cotch make it look like they're about to hoist the cup to show the masses, but in a huge twist, they lift a hiding Tom Lynch by the ears and the crowd goes into raptures.

More people at punt road that day then goldcoast home games all of his career. Seems most people in media believe he is ours.

It would be great on Sunday after the GF at Punt Rd, Dimma and Cotch make it look like they're about to hoist the cup to show the masses, but in a huge twist, they lift a hiding Tom Lynch by the ears and the crowd goes into raptures.
Dimma’s gonna invite Lynch onto the dais and give him his medal

Actually he does alot of work with charities now, particularly with young men with cancer.

Did a tonne of work with a guy i play cricket against, Callum Dodson who had a rare form of Stomach Cancer.

Despite his shortcomings quite some time ago, like it or not he does more for people in unfortunate situations than 95% on this forum.
That’s great.

But he has no credibility in the football industry now. Him turning up at trade week claiming to offer to help facilitate trades for clubs last year only to be kicked out of the premises within five minutes shows where he’s at in the industry.

If this is right then I have a bit of a problem with it.
Crazy for a player looking for a long term big $$$$ contract to be making it known they only want to play a certain way.
Although maybe a little bit to do with the current vibe around the Suns 'culture' at the moment.
You would expect if he lobbed at a big club like Tigers, Pies or Hawks he would 'buy in' pretty quickly.

Calling Lynch demanding where and how he plays absolute BS. Just a total fabrication. There might have been conversations about how best to use him in the past by others but he will go to his new club desperate to fit in and desperate to show that he will play his role whatever that may be just like anyone else.

Calling Lynch demanding where and how he plays absolute BS. Just a total fabrication. There might have been conversations about how best to use him in the past by others but he will go to his new club desperate to fit in and desperate to show that he will play his role whatever that may be just like anyone else.
Probably right

Nothing new in this story, another click bait article from Sam Edmund.

The Herald Sun’s Sam Edmund has revealed that Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch spoke to Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood in a short timeframe in early July.

Edmund reported yesterday that Lynch was unhappy with Magpies coach Nathan Buckley going public regarding the pursuit of the former Suns co-captain on Footy Classified, something Buckley later regretted.

When in Melbourne undergoing surgery on his PCL injury, the 26-year-old took the opportunity to speak to all three clubs.

“Lynch didn’t just meet Buckley, he met Alastair Clarkson as well, and Damien Hardwick and he met all three of them in Melbourne when he came here to have knee surgery on that PCL that ended his season,” Edmund told SEN Breakfast.

“That was early July, he met all three coaches in a small window and Buckley may have even been the last of the three to meet with him.

“They’re the facts as it stands.

“I don’t know who drove it, I don’t know if he drove it, the management drove it, the clubs drove it, I don’t know, but at the end of the day, he sat down and spoke with them.”

BS aside of which club wins out for his signature, I’m curious to know how many Tiger fans believe projected output in 2019 and beyond outweigh total costs of having Lynch on the list.

It has gotten to the point where people simply want Lynch at their club so he doesn’t sign with the other club but have lost sight of what his inclusion would come at the cost of to fit him in.

Tigers have won a flag and built something very rare over the last few seasons, then you’ve got Lynch as a cherry on top/piggy backing on that success.

Same goes for Collingwood where injuries have created a very unpredictable forward line ala Richmond 2017 that has got different avenues at goal. Does bringing in Lynch undo that to an extent?

What’re people’s thoughts?
For me, in a sentence it would be evolving

The ‘small forwardline’ will retain its edge for 1-2 more years, not necessarily as the premier-tactic either so it’s all about how do the coaches see or feel they can innovate. I trust their judgement as we seem to have solid operators from the board down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back