Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

except right now menadue is timid and is not confident in his body size at AFL level and that shows in his game
Didn't like the rough and tumble the other day, legacy of being slightly built still. It will take time, but once he gets over that still think he has a lot to offer. HB flankers and wingmen are in the game constantly, and that includes all the tough stuff. HF flankers like Butler can get away with using leg speed and a bit of class. Menadue is a HB/winger so will take longer but has been in the system a few years now so all parties must be getting a bit frustrated.

I like what Macca brings to the table, Tall hard and runs all day - But he is testing my patience with his turn overs and inability to take an overhead mark

Averages 12 disposals a game.

Does absolutely nothing with the ball in hand, gives away stupid free kicks, looks genuinely scared at times.
He is in career worst form, under 10 disposals in the last three games, we are a low possession football side but those numbers are putrid.

I like what Macca brings to the table, Tall hard and runs all day - But he is testing my patience with his turn overs and inability to take an overhead mark
Trouble is he's big, hard, tough, crashes packs and bodies and just moves the ball on, and as poor as he is disposal wise we do not apear to have a like for like available. Next game will tell a tale. He should be 100%dropped, but if he isnt then you could bank on him being a lock for the rest of the year.

Averages 12 disposals a game.

Does absolutely nothing with the ball in hand, gives away stupid free kicks, looks genuinely scared at times.
He is in career worst form, under 10 disposals in the last three games, we are a low possession football side but those numbers are putrid.
I have also posted the same but last year he was very good and played the entire year adding to our outside run and hardness, Should definately be dropped and sent to the VFL for a reset - BUT

He does have runs on the board and will be given another chance

Bit of a footy enigma the old Kmac...big physical beast of a player may just be in his nature to have quiet games...and others where he smashes the oppo
What to do?!?
Keep him up to speed in the firsts waiting for return of that power...?!
Or is it a question of confidence..hope the coaches have the right idea about his management...seems like no middle ground with Kmac...

Off the top of my head, Gaff, Polec and Phillips all got off the leash against him.

And that's it in a nutshell.
He's not getting the ball and for all the hype about 'crash, bang' and stopping blokes, he's not.
He's been barely impacting the game .... needs to go back to the Twos and find form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that he has not looked comfortable getting the hard ball. So for an outside player with poor disposal especially kicking and low disposal count generally, he had better stop his opponent because hard running to cover space isn’t enough. Mind you his replacements (C Ellis, Menadue) don’t look any better at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back