Roast Motlop Meltdown. Was this an all time best?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of saltiness over on the port page re: Jared Polec... my gawd... they lose a player who goes for $$$ and they all lose their &*%&% Welcome to reality nuffies

Motlop didn't win them that game. Robbie Gray did. Just as likely another player picks that same ball up and kicks the goal. Motlop didnt exactly do anything special to kick that goal. A half side step to get around Atkins and goal on the run from 40. And if Motlop had have played for us he could have cost us games and we still finish 12th. Fact is Motlop delivered very little when several posters here were convinced he would be an A-grader for Port. His 2018 mirrored what he delivered at Geelong. Not a lot.
Just as likely? Lots of hypotheticals there. What we do know is Motlop picked up the ball, calmly dummied Atkins and kicked the winning goal. He also had 20 possessions that day and was better than Mackay, 11 and Douglas 15.

So when you are you honouring the bet?

Just as likely? Lots of hypotheticals there. What we do know is Motlop picked up the ball, calmly dummied Atkins and kicked the winning goal. He also had 20 possessions that day and was better than Mackay, 11 and Douglas 15.

So when you are you honouring the bet?
Your hypothetical is what you are basing your whole ridiculous argument on. The bet was based around the entire 2018 season, that Motlop would have been so impressive that you would have bumped this thread to prove how right you were and how wrong everyone else was. The consensus has spoken. You clearly lost this bet. Motlop was s**t. He would have offered nothing to our side. You were wrong. Yet refuse to admit it and are running your credibility in to the ground. All this arguing with Wayne has tipped you over the edge it seems.

Your hypothetical is what you are basing your whole ridiculous argument on. The bet was based around the entire 2018 season, that Motlop would have been so impressive that you would have bumped this thread to prove how right you were and how wrong everyone else was. The consensus has spoken. You clearly lost this bet. Motlop was s**t. He would have offered nothing to our side. You were wrong. Yet refuse to admit it and are running your credibility in to the ground. All this arguing with Wayne has tipped you over the edge it seems.
If I had remembered the throwaway line/bet then yeah maybe I would have cared enough to bump the thread.

As it stands I’m enjoying giving you crap about it because I’m surprised one would care so much to bump this “bet”.

But really I don’t give a toss, give me the avatar and sig you want and I’ll change it

Nope.

You bet that he wouldn’t bump the thread.

A stupid bet but one you proposed. It’s clear as day
I bumped the thread as Port's season is over. The premise of the bet was based on what E.C had stated about landing Motlop at the Crows in other threads, and that this thread was posted way too soon once Motlop was officially a Power player. He expected Motlop to perform now that he was at the Power. Instead Motlop in a teal and black guernsey did what he had always done when he had blue and white hoops on. Running on to a lose ball to kick a goal certainly doesn't make for a great season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bumped the thread as Port's season is over. The premise of the bet was based on what E.C had stated about landing Motlop at the Crows in other threads, and that this thread was posted way too soon once Motlop was officially a Power player. He expected Motlop to perform now that he was at the Power. Instead Motlop in a teal and black guernsey did what he had always done when he had blue and white hoops on. Running on to a lose ball to kick a goal certainly doesn't make for a great season.

Yeah that’s reading in after the event what you wanted to say originally and didn’t

Sorry but you’re in the soup

Didnt really want him, and still dont. He didnt win them the first Showdown, we lost it.

He did have some solid games for them and he wasnt at all terrible, just not worth the price.

So where in this bet did it say Motlop had to have a great season?
The bet said that EC had to bump the thread this year, without a clearly defined time limit, technically he has done that. Therefore I’d say EC wins.

Tbh I’d call it scratch as it was a dumb bet to begin with.
To keep Pea Nut happy I will change my avatar and sig tomorrow and basically I don’t give a s**t.

I didn’t even recall the bet, it was a throwaway whatever when I accepted.

You are right though I won the bet.

Still would have liked him here. Just because he didn’t kill it at port doesn’t mean he’d do the same here.
Besides we wouldn’t have lost the first showdown.
It's an interesting question if Motlop would have made any difference to our team this year. His direct competition for spots would be Gooch or Murphy? Overall I rather have Gooch/Murphy due to their games being much more consistent and they still have an upside.

So where in this bet did it say Motlop had to have a great season?
The bet said that EC had to bump the thread this year, without a clearly defined time limit, technically he has done that. Therefore I’d say EC wins.

Tbh I’d call it scratch as it was a dumb bet to begin with.
Hey, it's post-season now, so we're allowed to talk silly nonsense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back